Toy Soldiers: Cold War (TBC, TBC)

DJSigma

Ex Member
Reaction score
A follow-up to Xbox Live Arcade action strategy hit Toy Soldiers is in the works, developer Signal Studios has announced.

Toy Soldiers: Cold War will be officially unveiled at the PAX East event in Boston this weekend, but Signal's official website has thrown up a few gameplay details.

"The Cold War is decided when '80s era action toys come alive and wage war! Toy Soldiers: Cold War blends intense first person combat with addictive action strategy, whether you're scrapping solo or jumping into the fray with friends," it reads.

A new co-op mode is promised, along with new units, more upgrades, improved physics and revamped AI. Signal has also included a batch of fresh mini-games to break up the action, expanded unit trees and new secondary turret features.
More at Eurogamer HERE.

I hope they don't screw up the multi player this time round , I really liked the 1st game but they never did get fix properly the multi player game.

Jump into the fray with playful '80s combat action in “Toy Soldiers: Cold War.” Bring your favorite action toys to life and wage war against the red menace. Need backup? Call in a friend for co-op campaign action on the couch or over Xbox LIVE. Take a break from the main battle with Survival mode and playful minigames. When you beat your LIVE friends' scores, they'll be gunning to reclaim the top spot!

YouTube - ‪Toy Soldiers: Cold War - Debut Gameplay Trailer (2011) XBLA | HD‬‏

Co-OP Campaign makes it a definite purchase :smashin:

edit: please close and add to existing thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbla-xbox-live-arcade/1424736-toy-soldiers-cold-war-tbc-tbc.html

Last edited:
Out tomorrow, review here.

No buzz at all, but quite liked the first and will probably get this too.

Cheers,

Teddy

Might be tempted with this one as I really enjoyed the original. Presume it's a 1200point purchase?

Was hoping we might see a deal for the originals DLC too but alas nothing yet :(

Lots more reviews coming in - sounds good, although it only has half the levels of the original and the wave wind-back feature sounds a bit cheap.

Will probably try the demo before making up my mind, but I had a quick blast on Toy Soldiers last night and it reminded me how much fun can be had.

Cheers,

Teddy

Well I tried the demo this morning and strangely didn't like it much. I prefer the artstyle and atmosphere of the orginial, which also has more maps.

I might pick the sequel up in the future if the price is reduced.

Cheers,

Teddy

I adored the first game (as a single player game) and played it to death. Cold War was my most wanted XBLA of the year.
Whilst I am very glad to finally get it and play it, I am so disappointed that it regularly slows to a crawl just because they've tried to cram too much into it :(

Picked this up last night. Very enjoyable and good value for 1200 microsoft points. Had a good time playing co-op with a mate! :smashin:

it is indeed brilliant mate :) although I'm still very disappointed with the slowdown which really does litter the game.
I really like the mini games that I've played so far..great fun :)
I hope they give some nice DLC for it like they did with the first..

Got this today as well and its major fun :thumbsup:

Loved the first game so bought this one too. Excellent! Helps pass a few hours now that I'm nolonger playing Bad Company 2 online with fellow AVF'ers.

Anybody know how to get a Platinum medal yet? Thought you maybe had to complete a game without letting anything get to your toy box but that ain't it as I've had a couple clear rounds now on various difficulty levels.

Not tried the online versus mode yet either. Didn't play that much on the original but there's Cheevos that need this mode so will have to give it a go sometime.

I'd be up for it AnotherLimey, send me a FR if you want.

Sod's Law...just after I asked how to get a Platinum medal, I got one last night :)
I managed it by playing Basic Training on General difficulty (you can't control the turrets, just place/repair them). I'd previously got all 3 Golds by not letting soldiers in my Toy Box but that alone wasn't enough for a Platinum. When getting the Platinum though, I used less turrets (ie, spent less money) and pressed 'X' to activate each wave as soon as it was possible.

I guess your profit and aggession are increased this way and needs to reach a certain level for a Platinum medal.

I'd be up for it AnotherLimey, send me a FR if you want.

Sod's Law...just after I asked how to get a Platinum medal, I got one last night :)
I managed it by playing Basic Training on General difficulty (you can't control the turrets, just place/repair them). I'd previously got all 3 Golds by not letting soldiers in my Toy Box but that alone wasn't enough for a Platinum. When getting the Platinum though, I used less turrets (ie, spent less money) and pressed 'X' to activate each wave as soon as it was possible.

I guess your profit and aggession are increased this way and needs to reach a certain level for a Platinum medal.

Sent!

Another jock to my friends list :D

I will have to introduce you to Paulie and the gang, my other Scottish friends :)

Great crack with them, when i can understand them "sir" :devil:

Anotherlimey said:
Sent!

Another jock to my friends list :D

I will have to introduce you to Paulie and the gang, my other Scottish friends :)

Great crack with them, when i can understand them "sir" :devil:

I've met Pauliewalnuts & gang ;)
Mostly via TerryTibbs inspired Bad Company 2 sessions!

I presume your ears are well used to their colourful language then :)

Thanks pal, will accept the FR next time I put the 360 on.

Anyone else playing this i can add to my friends list?

playing this temp account atm as my main is hacked and suspended due to a slow MS investigation, need some more friends scores etc to try and beat :smashin:

Anotherlimey said:
Anyone else playing this i can add to my friends list?

playing this temp account atm as my main is hacked and suspended due to a slow MS investigation, need some more friends scores etc to try and beat :smashin:

Hey L1mey,

I did accept the FR's from both your accounts. Don't think we've been on at the same times tho.

Brilliant game, really enjoyed it. In fact, I've completed all the Cheevos for it now. I think it's a bit easier than the first one but still great fun with extra variety, game modes etc.

Big thumbs up.

Hey L1mey,

I did accept the FR's from both your accounts. Don't think we've been on at the same times tho.

Brilliant game, really enjoyed it. In fact, I've completed all the Cheevos for it now. I think it's a bit easier than the first one but still great fun with extra variety, game modes etc.

Big thumbs up.

It's the best 1200 points i've spent, fantastic fun! :smashin:

Thanks for accepting the FRs as it gives me some scores to try and beat.

do you know how to lay barbed wire to slow the troops? did it by accident the other day and did'nt know what button i pressed, must remember to try and look at the controller options when i play later :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom