Toshiba sound but no picture

redpenben

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Toshiba 32c3035db, this morning when i switched on their was sound but no picture. After checking all the relevant connections which were all ok, i switched to stand by and back on again, still no picture, the second time of switching to standby, hey presto everything worked as it should, has anyone else experienced this problem. Tv has a five year guarentee so should be ok if it fails altogether.

Thanks
redpenben.

Two more people by the looks of it, including my parents, see here. Has your problem got worse or been resolved?

Ok is this an lcd tv? if so this problem can be caused by ribbon cables offset on the timing board. You can remove cover and at the top of the screen in the middle u will see a silver cover, remove this and you will see the timing board there will be two ribbon cables joined to this board, lift up the clips and reseat the two ribbon cables, then put back together and your problem should be gone.

Yes it is an LCD TV, hopefully it will be fixed under warranty but if not this will be something to try, thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom