Toshiba SD360E hack - can anyone help

Ok ---I'm going to try changing region to 1, instead of 9; then to 2; then to 3 etc.

My Plan B, is I'll disconnect everything and start again.

Plan C, I'll go out and buy a new DVD- HDMI- player !

I don't know it the REMOTE disables anything ! But the punched in code does not get a reaction. I may be making an error on the leads/connections.

I got this player arriving tomorrow and must admit I am not looking forwards to putting this code in. Hopefully I can get it to work though

Just a quick question though, once you put it in a get it to work is it region free forever?

My player arrived this morning and am very pleased with it.

Managed to get a number 9 in a blue box top right at first time of asking putting in the code.

Now all I need are some R1 dvds lol

My Player is the SD-360ESB; SD-360ESE; and the hack worked for me first time of trying.
Its a great machine for the price I paid for it (£60) and gives a very good picture when connected to my Toshiba 37WLT66 with a component cable.

WOW !!!!!
You all give me hope ! I've been to the Shop, and was told that the hack should work. And they said to keep trying.....rather than buy another set---which was decent of them .

I came home disconnected Red, White, Yellow, plugs from back; HDMI connection in place also....... reconnected them to back of DVD, and tried the code again, four times; Same tune;"incorrect region".

Does your set have a REgion 2 sticker at back of set ?

Any suggestions re connections ??

At this stage I'd appreciate anything !! No response from Toshiba agent .

I've just tried again.

I've disconnected all coloured plugs. It still works on the HDMI cable only !

But still no change on the code. No response WHATEVER to the code entered on the remote.

Any ideas appreciated.....I'm getting desperate !

Success !

I've done it , after weeks of trying and hundreds of attempts.

The turning point was to turn off the DVD player completely.
Then turn it on by the button on the player---not by the remote.
Then use the code as suggested.Then I turned it off by the button on the
DVD player----not the remote.
I am now back to using the remote successfully to play Regions 1 and 2.
Yes, I have to admit I'm nervous that it will all go belly-up, but so far so good.
Thank you everyone who contributed to my sorry tale !

Yeah ...it's still working as a multi region player----- - -- great sharp picture---I'm really happy that with all of you helping me I finnally got there.

RickT555 , can you tell me how did you unlock it, and what is the code, the code 2403960 didn't work any more

Hi, it took me several weeks to finally succeed.I even contacted the Toshiba Rep. But I think what finally unlocked the secret was simply the fact that I turned the DVD player off by the button on the player. Then turned it on again, by the button on the player.

Then I punched in this code: 24039609, (the last number is the multi region number) by remote control; then close disc tray;turn off by remote; then on again by remote.
If this does not work try variations; such as turning off again by set button.

By the way I never saw any numbers appearing on the screen as other guys have posted. But I really think what succeeded for me was the initial turning off and on by the set button; as distinct from the remote button , which got me nowhere. Hope this helps.

Can anyone say whether the new HD Toshiba E1- high Definition player is multiregion or not ? Would I have to go through the code procedure again ? or are HD DVDs all multi-region playable ???? Thanks

Hi,anyone tried this hack on the Toshiba SD370 yet as I am just about to take delivery of one?Regards,caddyhound

Hi guys. I'm now looking at getting the new HD-EP35 DVD player from Toshiba.
It's High Def, 1083p andvervy reasonable price.
My worry is whether it is multi regional.
Does anyone have any information.... on hd dvd multi regions ?
Thanks

No it's not multiregional for std. dvds.It's hoped that with the popularity of such cheap(relatively) HD players such as EP30 and EP35 that attention will be given to making them multiregional.From my reading it's probable that a hack will emerge sooner rather than later.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom