1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD360E hack - can anyone help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by vach89, Apr 29, 2006.

1. vach89

vach89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the above from Play.com. It's a good little machine but I can't get the 340/350 multiregion hack to work. When I open the drawer I get the message 'open' on the machine's display and I can't input any numbers. Can anyone help?
  2. peahead

peahead Active Member

Ratings:
    +238
  3. vach89

vach89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this link but it doesn't work on the 360 - it is the hack for the 340/350. When I open the drawer I get the message 'open' on the machine's display and I simply can't put any numbers in. The link was published in January, long before the 360 was announced so maybe Toshiba have changed something.
  4. vach89

vach89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted! It's a little different on the SD 360E:-

Open the tray.
    Type 2,4,0,3,9,6,0,9
    Nothing will appear on screen until the final digit is entered when a 9 will appear at the top of the screen.
    Close the tray and away you go with a multi-region 360!
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. hulkhead

hulkhead Member

Ratings:
    +6
    can someone please confirm that the 'hack' can play RCE encoded discs? thanks
  6. marmalizer

marmalizer Member

Ratings:
    +12
    If you cant boot a RCE disc, couldn't you just change the last digit in the hack to the region you want i.e.

Region 1
    Type 2,4,0,3,9,6,0,1

Region 2

Type 2,4,0,3,9,6,0,2

Just a thought any hoo
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. amardilo

amardilo Active Member

Ratings:
    +274
    I have the old SD-350E and have just bought a SD-360E, I am looking forward to see if it an improvement on the old model via HDMI (picture wise).

Just hope empire direct del my unit soon :D
  8. vach89

vach89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You may be disappointed!
  9. amardilo

amardilo Active Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Why's that dude? It arrived a few days ago and the picture quality seems slightly better via HDMI and the build seems slightly better.

There is no great improvement but seeing as I didn't pay any extra (cost the same amount as my SD-350E) it was worth it to me. I still don't expect this player to last for more than a year or two (hopefully by then I'll go for a expensive HD-DVD or BD-DVD player).
  10. Ordinary12

Ordinary12 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    PLEASE!!! Someone throw me some help here. I've been trying to crack the region code on my player for a month now with no success. If I need and ISO file please e-mail it to me at supremedictator2000@yahoo.com or if it's a code please let me know what it is.
  11. ghostdog

ghostdog Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Ordinary12

This is the multi-region hack. I used this and it worked a treat. Pays to read the thread sometimes.....:D

12. vach89

vach89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    At these prices your philosophy is right on - they are disposable items. I just didn't notice any picture improvement over a standard dvd player but reading some of the forums, it seems tha the tv may do the same upscaling itsself. I dunno an me ed urts!!! :)
  13. amardilo

amardilo Active Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Yeah the player does what I want but for now. Its not the greatest player but for the price I paid it will do nicely for now (as I don't need a DVD Recorder) until I make the step up to get a HD-DVD and/or BD-DVD player.
  14. seanppk

seanppk Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to confirm that this hack:
    ============
    Open the tray.
    Type 2,4,0,3,9,6,0,9
    Nothing will appear on screen until the final digit is entered when a 9 will appear at the top of the screen.
    Close the tray and away you go with a multi-region 360!
    ============
    does work - I had the same problem before, but this works great.
  15. ChrisPBell

ChrisPBell Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, been trying the hack for about 10 minutes now on my newly arrived SD360ESB with no joy.. Eventually I got it to work be aware that it appears that you must key in the code immediatly after the tray opens any delay results in the code not working !!!. Seems strange but believe me this is the case with this machine.
  16. blue max

blue max Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,265
    Hi All,

Well I just bought a display model because it was cheap and I knew how easy it was to make multi-region. I am struggling to make it work though.

Can anyone confirm that it still works please - or if there is a particular aspect that I might be missing, such as how quickly it has to be done etc.

It would be a real shame to have to take it back now.

Thanks all.

Graham

ps it was a display model and the remote is (bottom right of handset) SE-R0168. The instructions were for a 350e, so maybe I have the wrong handset? There is a panel where something has been removed under the power/open close button, so maybe that had the model number on? Have I got the wrong handset and maybe that is why it doesn't work. Any pointers much appreciated.
  17. blue max

blue max Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,265
    Well, after leaving it for a while, it worked! Many thanks to all those who worked to bring the code to us all.

I can't tell what the 'secret' was, but maybe it was leaving it off for a while, or after a certain number of tries?

I cerainly don't recall doing anything differently.

Toshiba were no help whatsoever (as expected), but they supply amazon.co.uk and they sell them converted, so this seems a bit of lip service to the standard.

Can't tell whether it is any better than the 330e it replaced, as I have an old 23in sony crt, but it has many more options in it's menus, which must be good!

Still, £42 for a display model and a fiver for full-replacement guarantee for three years seems a good deal until the dv-dvd or blu-ray thing gets sensible. I really wonder if the dvd player will last three years though ;)

Graham
  18. RickT555

RickT555 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I may be thick ! You have got the multi region hack to work but I've tried it over 50 times and am getting nowhere.
    The manual is called player SD-360ESB/ESE. Does this make a difference ?
    Page 10 the region number is 2........ I have tried the codes as suggested namely;
    (1) tray open
    (2) press 24039609
    (3)close tray
    (4)turn off
    (5)turn on

Still no change in the message "not correct region".....or something like that.
    I'm at my wits end !
    Anyone got any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong or has Toshiba outwitted me ?
    Thank
  19. blue max

blue max Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,265
    I think you need to press the buttons quite firmly, but also not too quick or too slow. You need to be consistent in your speed throughout. You will see a 9 on the screen when you key in the last digit as confirmation.

I would guess at pressing a button every second would be about right. Do this once the door has fully extended.

Good luck, hope try 51 is successful!

Graham
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. RickT555

RickT555 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll give it a go------ but I'm worried that the manual for 360ESB explicitly says Region 2. I'll try your suggestions and let you know at weekend . Sincere thanks
  21. RickT555

RickT555 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK- I've tried the code all day----fast/slow-----still no response-----my TV is compatible, a Toshiba 32WLT 66 with NSTC and PAL---and with HDMI connectivity.

But still no joy. Any variations on the code ????????
  22. matti 5

matti 5 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    does the sd 360e remote hack disable RCE :(
  23. Steffyboy

Steffyboy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem - using the code provided I can quite happily change between Region 1 and 2, but using the code with 9 at the end, nothing happens...the 9 does not appear on the screen and I don't get multi-region lovelyness! I suppose I could change the regin every time I want to play a US disc...bit of a pain in the ass though :rolleyes:
  24. Steffyboy

Steffyboy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    OK that's bizarre! I thought I'd give it another go....and it worked at the third time of asking! The only thing I did differently there was change it to Region 1, 2, 3, 4 and then 9!!! I guess perseverance is the key.....
  25. RickT555

RickT555 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for all your suggestions----- I went back to the Shop---No joy there-----I got the number of Toshiba REP,....still no reply from him.

You guys are getting some response from the set, such as display of number.

I'm getting absolutely nothing ------ not even any acknowledgement other than "Not region compatible" when I put in a region 1 disc after attempting hack.

I wonder if the letters "ESE" or "ESB" used in the title of the player are indicative of multi-region lock out ??????? The title is ;

SD-360ESB and also SD-360ESE
  26. RickT555

RickT555 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok ---I'm going to try changing region to 1, instead of 9; then to 2; then to 3 etc.

My Plan B, is I'll disconnect everything and start again.

Plan C, I'll go out and buy a new DVD- HDMI- player !
  27. RickT555

RickT555 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know it the REMOTE disables anything ! But the punched in code does not get a reaction. I may be making an error on the leads/connections.
  28. CAFCmatt

CAFCmatt Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I got this player arriving tomorrow and must admit I am not looking forwards to putting this code in. Hopefully I can get it to work though

Just a quick question though, once you put it in a get it to work is it region free forever?
  29. CAFCmatt

CAFCmatt Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My player arrived this morning and am very pleased with it.

Managed to get a number 9 in a blue box top right at first time of asking putting in the code.

Now all I need are some R1 dvds lol
  30. Will1o1

Will1o1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My Player is the SD-360ESB; SD-360ESE; and the hack worked for me first time of trying.
    Its a great machine for the price I paid for it (£60) and gives a very good picture when connected to my Toshiba 37WLT66 with a component cable.