Toshiba HD-A2 Region Free

hello everyone i also have a :Dtoshiba hd-a3 i need info to make it region free to watch pal discs that i have. thanks

hello everyone i also have a :Dtoshiba hd-a3 i need info to make it region free to watch pal discs that i have. thanks

Hi kenli40 :) and welcome to the forum. :smashin:
Not available for the A3 :( sorry.

Hi Kingfats

Could you please send PM with info on making HD-A2 to play ALL Disks?

regards

Hi Kingfats,

I've been sulking since HD DVD was killed off and haven't read the HD DVD forums, wish I had now!!

I assume that this works for A20's as well as A2's? If so can you PM me details.

Thanks in advance

Iain

Hi Kingfats,

I've been sulking since HD DVD was killed off and haven't read the HD DVD forums, wish I had now!!

I assume that this works for A20's as well as A2's? If so can you PM me details.

Thanks in advance

Iain

Hi iainoco. :)
PM on it's way. :smashin:

Hi,

Just ordered an A20.
Kingfats, could you please PM me with the region free info?

Thanks.

Kingfats, I would love to make my A2 region free, could I get that PM? TIA

Hi! Could u please gave the steps on making the HD-A2 region free for DVD?

Thx!:smashin:

Hi Kingfats,
trying to get my US HD-A2 to be multiregion, Pal compatible! Any suggestions?
Many thanks.

What's going on guys. Could you send me the info on how to make my US HD A2 region free and PAL compatible so I can play some Region 2 UK PAL DVD's? Could you PM it to me KingFats? Thanks.

Also, this modification doesn't affect normal HDDVD playback or NTSC region 1 DVD playback in any way, does it?

Thanks again.

What's going on guys. Could you send me the info on how to make my US HD A2 region free and PAL compatible so I can play some Region 2 UK PAL DVD's? Could you PM it to me KingFats? Thanks.

Also, this modification doesn't affect normal HDDVD playback or NTSC region 1 DVD playback in any way, does it?

Thanks again.

Hi Stinky-Dinkins. :)
It won't affect HD DVD playback :smashin: but a couple of members were stuck on PAL after the update and had to go back,but others were fine,so it's up to you :confused: post back if you want PM.
All the best.

Having it "stuck" on PAL wouldn't in anyway affect the playback of US HD-DVD's, would it (since HDDVD's are neither PAL nor NTSC?)

Even if it gets stuck on PAL but doesn't affect the playback of US HDDVD's that would be fine by me, especially if that's the "worst case scenario," I'll just use the A2 exclusively for HDDVD's and region 2 DVD's and I'd use my PS3 for Region 1 NTSC DVD playback.

So, I'll take that PM.

Thanks again.

Having it "stuck" on PAL wouldn't in anyway affect the playback of US HD-DVD's, would it (since HDDVD's are neither PAL nor NTSC?)

Even if it gets stuck on PAL but doesn't affect the playback of US HDDVD's that would be fine by me, especially if that's the "worst case scenario," I'll just use the A2 exclusively for HDDVD's and region 2 DVD's and I'd use my PS3 for Region 1 NTSC DVD playback.

So, I'll take that PM.

Thanks again.

Ok then mate :smashin: PM on it's way. :cool:

Thanks.

Sent you a PM with a quick couple of questions.

Couple I forgot to ask in the PM-

After I install the 1.6 firmware I can go ahead and install the 2.8 firmware (the european one?) Do I install the 1.6, install that other thing, and then install the 2.8? Would that be the proper procedure?

Those "steps" are only for DVD viewing, correct? I don't have to do it when I stick in an HDVD do I?

Thanks.

Sent you a PM with a quick couple of questions.

Couple I forgot to ask in the PM-

After I install the 1.6 firmware I can go ahead and install the 2.8 firmware (the european one?) Do I install the 1.6, install that other thing, and then install the 2.8? Would that be the proper procedure?

Hi mate. :)
1.6,then the region free :smashin: you would install the E1 2.8. So........1.6 > region free > 2.8 E1.
Anything else,post back :) might miss the PM see.
All the best.

Those steps in the PM you sent me are for playing the DVD's correct, and have nothing to do with installing the region free thing (the region free thing will install automatically just as firmware does correct?)

And if they are steps for DVD playback, they don't have anything to do with playing an HDDVD do they, so I only need to do them when I go to watch a DVD right? HDDVD should play as usual?

That should do it. THanks again.

Those steps in the PM you sent me are for playing the DVD's correct, and have nothing to do with installing the region free thing (the region free thing will install automatically just as firmware does correct?)

And if they are steps for DVD playback, they don't have anything to do with playing an HDDVD do they, so I only need to do them when I go to watch a DVD right? HDDVD should play as usual?

That should do it. THanks again.

Hi mate. :)
The RCE hack? :) this is for RCE encoded discs which the region free won't be able to overide,just apply when needed. :smashin:
HD DVD is not affected in anyway.Anything else,just ask.
All the best.

This hack will also convert PAL and upscale to HD (1080i60, etc.), it won't output in 480 @ 50 HZ and make me have a PAL compatible TV will it?

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, just want to be absolutely sure before I do it.

This hack will also convert PAL and upscale to HD (1080i60, etc.), it won't output in 480 @ 50 HZ and make me have a PAL compatible TV will it?

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, just want to be absolutely sure before I do it.

Hi Stinky-Dinkins. :)
The firmware has no bearing on resolution or HD. 480 is NTSC so that's @ 60Hz,PAL will be output @ 576/50 and up. :smashin:
You do have a PAL compatible TV.
Ok? :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom