Toshiba HD-A2 Region Free

Hi everyone,
I am new here, and am new to "hacking" my players. I have an A2 and A35 and am in the US, with a Plasma TV.

Can someone please verify that I can hack the A2 and /or the A35? Will discs marked PAL-Region 2 play on my TV, or do I have to purchase Region 0 discs marked NTSC only?

I am a little worried about hacking my players as I own close to 200 HD DVD movies and don't want to turn them into door stops:)

Thanks for your help!
Sariena

Hi sarienanj :) and welcome to the forum. :smashin:
You can make your A2 region free for DVD (your TV can play PAL as well,yeah?) not the A35.
Post backl if you want the link.

Hi Kingfats,
I am not sure if the TV can play PAL.

But I guess if it can't play PAL, I would still be able to play NTSC discs from any region, if I made the player region-free, correct?

Thanks!

Hi Kingfats,
I am not sure if the TV can play PAL.

But I guess if it can't play PAL, I would still be able to play NTSC discs from any region, if I made the player region-free, correct?

Thanks!

Hi sarienanj. :)
I presume so mate.....can't see why not. :smashin:
All the best.

Can somebody help me out :)
On my HD-A2 i have firmware ver 3.0,
but when i trying to make this player region free and pal compatible whit firmware 1.6. It wont work because this firmware is lover..What would i do??:confused:

(It would be great if somebody can PM the info about the region free firmware)

THANKS!!!

Can somebody help me out :)
On my HD-A2 i have firmware ver 3.0,
but when i trying to make this player region free and pal compatible whit firmware 1.6. It wont work because this firmware is lover..What would i do??:confused:

(It would be great if somebody can PM the info about the region free firmware)

THANKS!!!

Hi bat :) and welcome to the forum. :smashin:
No downgrade from 3.0 at the moment mate :( i'll post on the thread as soon as it's freely available.
All the best.

If you PM me the link to the fw file you want to downgrade to, I can make a downgrade version from 3.0.

I also need to know what is the latest firmware version number for the A2. Is it also version 3.003 like the europeean models? The best thing would probably to send me the link to the latest version, and then I can check myself.

If you PM me the link to the fw file you want to downgrade to, I can make a downgrade version from 3.0.

I also need to know what is the latest firmware version number for the A2. Is it also version 3.003 like the europeean models? The best thing would probably to send me the link to the latest version, and then I can check myself.

Hi mate. :)
A2 3.0 here. :smashin:
PM sent with links.

Last edited:
Thanks to Viking61 :cool: there now is a 3.0 rollback to 1.6 now available if the need be. :smashin:
Post on here if you need the link sent by PM.
Cheers again to Viking61 for his help to the forum. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys!!!!!! :smashin:

I really want this fw. Can my A2 play pal after I have install
this fw, and is it correct that I should install HD-E1 fw ver2.501region free after to make the player region free.
And finally should I use the newest fw I can find for HD-E1 player made in canada

Thanks guys!!!!!! :smashin:

I really want this fw. Can my A2 play pal after I have install
this fw, and is it correct that I should install HD-E1 fw ver2.501region free after to make the player region free.
And finally should I use the newest fw I can find for HD-E1 player made in canada

Hi bat. :)
So your on 3.0........correct?
I'll PM the links :smashin: rollback to 1.6,then apply the 2.5 (region free) and then up to date form there if you so wish.
I presume you can use the new E1 firmware if you want.

Hi again..

I have now installed 1.6 rollback fw and it work fine.:thumbsup:
And now I will install fw 2.5 (region free).Can I then play both pal and region 2 or can I only play region 2?

Hi again..

I have now installed 1.6 rollback fw and it work fine.:thumbsup:
And now I will install fw 2.5 (region free).Can I then play both pal and region 2 or can I only play region 2?

Both. :thumbsup:

Whem I should install fw 2.5 (region free, I receive error code:2007c00f :confused:

Whem I should install fw 2.5 (region free, I receive error code:2007c00f :confused:

It should work fine :confused: i've got another 2.5 link to try,it might be the same one though,i'll PM anyway.

Try burning the iso-file to a new CD at the lowest speed possible. Preferably 1x or 2x speed. I have seen on several forums that this has helped people with the exact same error. And be sure that you are using a CD and not a DVD.

I have seen that they suggest using ISO Recorder at 2x.

Last edited:
Ok.. I will try this new fw and burn it in the lowest speed.

(And again THANKS:))

Yes It works!!!!:smashin:

Can I for now on update direct from dvd-player meny,
or do I have to download right fw and burn it to disc and then update?

Yes It works!!!!:smashin:

Can I for now on update direct from dvd-player meny,
or do I have to download right fw and burn it to disc and then update?

Hi mate. :)
So your region free and on 2.5? :thumbsup:
You can update via the ethernet if you want.
All the best.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom