1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba AT300SE vs Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Discussion in 'Tablets' started by LemonTwist, Jan 27, 2013.

1. LemonTwist

LemonTwist Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting an Android tablet for my birthday next month. I've read some online reviews and searched the websites of local electronics stores and I've narrowed down my choice to the Toshiba AT300SE or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

I still can't make up my mind which one would be better. I know the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is a bit old now, but it still seems to be popular and I've heard there's an over-the-air upgrade to Android Jelly Bean available (I believe it's sold with Ice Cream Sandwich pre-installed).

On one of the local websites, it advertises the Toshiba AT300SE which sounds very good and it has Jelly Bean pre-installed. It's only been out for a month though and I can't find many independent reviews for it. It's a newer version of the AT300, which strangely is more expensive even though it's older.

If you have either of these tablets, would you recommend them?
  2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,223
    What about the Nexus 10 if you are prepared to go up to £300 with the AT300SE ?

I have heard the 300SE has a LCD screen whereas the older version is LED.

I have the Samsung 10.1 and like it a lot.
  3. LemonTwist

LemonTwist Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I did consider the Nexus 10, but the lack of SD card slot put me right off. :(

I think I'll go for the AT300SE as my first choice, but if I can't get hold of one for any reason, I'll get the Samsung 10.1
  4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,223