Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOP MOVIES on 7W reception.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV Forum' started by pedro2000uk, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Cliff

Cliff Active Member

Ratings:
    +414
    Well I am getting AD sports HD and its great. As was said before you need to buy the Humax box and card together as they are paired. The JSC card is not paired and can be used in another cam.

My secret is my location -Persian Gulf! ;)
  2. pedro2000uk

pedro2000uk Active Member

Ratings:
    +602
    Oh no- don't stop there- make us really sick... just tell us all how SMALL a dish you could get it on ..

AND... just how good you think it is ...
  3. ABARKIE

ABARKIE Member

Ratings:
    +61
    From a bar in Torremilinos I think its a 60cm
  4. Cliff

Cliff Active Member

Ratings:
    +414
    OK a bit more...

It is so strong a 60cm dish or even smaller could receive it! But practically most people use a 1m dish with 3 LNBs, Badr(Arabsat), Hotbird and Nilesat.

If you get the Humax AD Sports branded box you get all the Premiership matches in HD and in English. Equal to Sky! It's on Arabsat and Nilesat but most people are moving to Nilesat because the Orbit package is on that as well - which is pretty good for movies and entertainment. :)
  5. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    t
    ???

equal?? - we want better than that... :D

I actually installed the Humax card paired HD box for Ad Sports in the UK when they first came out after Showsports lost the epl - waste of time though ... the tuners are lousy for fringe reception (deliberately so) which made it even more useless in the UK [BADR6 was the best chance]- it added a lot to the already big dish size- at a guess it went from c. 3.6-4m+ to c. 5-6m+ north of Birmingham because of those weak tuners. Most of the boxes went down to Spain when everyone found out how bad it was in the UK.

26e & 7w on a 1m ? ... that would be nice...
  6. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    There's ANOTHER movie channel on AB7- 7w

5555 TV MOVIES

scan 12169v 27500

[vpid 6107 apid 6108 ppid 6107]

This one's got quite a bit of colourful text over the screen like the Email (at) TV movie channel [I suppose it tells you, you are definitely not in the UK] might not be any ad breaks though..

... want some more sports channels now ..hint hint..
  7. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    Looks like there might be another blitz of Movie World Premiers on free tv on the way for New Year's on Panorama Action/7.3w- just caught the tail end of a trailer.
  8. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    Yet another channel has arrived carrying movies in English on 7w/ ab7- Amwaj TV - don't think it's another 24/7 movie channel but just seems to show quite a lot of movies & titles them in English ... on 11391v 27500

nice, but we want more fta footy too !!..[ رضى ]
  9. Intenso

Intenso Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I have a Humax ADMC Reciever that I use in my holiday home in Morocco.

The reciever seems quite sensitive compared to my Spiderbox. Still being within the Nilesat footprint helps!

The Prem games are the same as those shown Skyit, Skyde etc but they show all 380 games live! In between games they have footie chat shows where all those ex prem players that you have forgotten about appear as pundits. The PQ on the Humax is actually quite good but the biggest drawback is that the box is not PVR. However, the games are repeated 24/7.

As for JSC HD1 & HD2 if the signal quality drops below 46% there no reception here. This has happened a few times when its rained over here in the last 9 months (its rained about three times!)

I paided £220 for the ADMC Reciever and sub for the year. I beleive renewal is £70!

I'm gonna miss this when I return home.
  10. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602

Hmmm... yeah, that doesn't make any of us sick here at all ....... :devil:

..... that's less than Tring & you get the box too & renewal at £70... and not Tring 'will it won't it' stress or uncer meds either

We did early tests in Stoke On Trent when ADSPORTS first launched on a Channel Master 2.4 that had got every 3pm on Showsports EPL matches on Nilesat [not easy] & a few other tests - didn't spend long & switched to Viasat Sweden fast for the pubs - it was obvious it needed 4m+ plus the Humax ADSports paired boxes tuners had [had] poor tuners to make it even harder to get ADS EPLs in the UK. You can do it on 2.4m in the south but I think you are still too near glitch level.

Still love to get it up here & especially for Man City pubs with that AD copnnection ...

They might have improved the tuners & attitudes about EPL have changed a little - Humax make the Foxsats & that's one of the most sensitive receivers there is .. so they can do it.
  11. thfccambs

thfccambs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,331
    Looks as if 7w is turning out to be a gem of a sat for motorised owners.

Could do without people telling us what HD football they can get though. :rotfl:
  12. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    Absolutely - I thought that they would just make it harder & harder at 7w like AB4 / Nilesat 201 & Badr6 & 5 @ 26e .. I didn't even follow the launch... I just happened to be scanning a receiver for a customer within hours of it going live & all the channels came up ... :smashin: & it's only got better since ...

nice presentation too - like Showsports was - that was only c. £500 but you needed a £2000- £3000 dish install...
  13. TUT

TUT Member

Ratings:
    +88
    I can pick over 600 channels with my 1.2m Channel Master, Sharp LNB an old Relook/IPbox 400s in West London
  14. twilightman1975

twilightman1975 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Getting top movies with 50% quality on 1.1m triax dish with black ultra lnb,perfect picture and no break up :)
    Anybody know if I can update my technomate 5400 super+ so I can get listings in the peg for al jazeera sport?
    Also paid for the espn option for al jazeera on nilesat,anyone receiving this channel any views? Am awaiting mine to be switched on
  15. twilightman1975

twilightman1975 Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Lol I meant *epg:facepalm:
  16. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    Well done - Top Movies is the weakest except for OSN HD..

Actually installed a td1.1 yesterday just under 60 miles north of you & just happened to test it on a TM5400 Super - got over 61% on Top Movies & over 72% on Panorama Action & pulled in MBC 2 / MBC MAX etc.. at 50% on Nilesat 102 glitch feee too & that was with a local noise problem too- otherwise I think I could have got even higher.[ EDIT .. just remebered I think that was also in fine rain.]

I'm pretty certain you should be able to get Top Movies to 65%* there & Panorama Action to 75%* [*or better] ..that's on a clear night or morning.. & pull in quite a lot of Nilesat 101/102 verticals - maybe even some horizontals .

Who was it said you can't get them in Swansea .... :laugh:

:smashin:

[Go on Technomate's site for the latest s/w updates for the 5400- ]
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  17. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    We used to use the Sharp LNBs on Nilesat Showsports on the big dishes before Black Ultras - a little known big performer on bigger dishes but they also make some of the best tuners including the Technomate tuners which are right back at the top of sensitivity with their latest models. [well.. I think they are still Sharps]

How you doing on Nilesat 101/102 there ?

I've noticed what I think is the much stronger AB7 bleeding over 101/102 - those numbers yesterday on MBC2 were nice to see but lower than they used to be - before AB7 I'd have expected 55-60% or more on MBC on Nilesat there.

How are you doing on OSN with the 1.2 CM there..
  18. TUT

TUT Member

Ratings:
    +88
    On Nilesat 101/102 i can pick over 200 channels mostly Vertical ones and few Horizontals, as for OSN i can only pick few of them up at night in a good weather.

Top Movies and MBC are fine all day long (rang between 40% -50%)
  19. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    thanks ..

is that the new OSN HD channels on AB7?

anything off ns 201?
  20. TUT

TUT Member

Ratings:
    +88
    My receiver is not HD :) so i can't check OSN HD, the ones i have looked at was on Nilesat 101/102
    Few channels on 201 but OSN sometimes at night only

I need to get myself a new HD receiver , i have tried the Xtrend 9000 and the BM7000 and didn't like them that much, i might go for the genuine DM800HD se as i can get it for about £300 but i hope the PQ quality in SD and HD is good enough
  21. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    ....201?... NICE 1 :smashin:

[any ADSPORTS?:)]
  22. TUT

TUT Member

Ratings:
    +88
    I can't tune to ADsports as they are on HD only and my SD receiver won't pick them up , i will let you know when i get my HD receiver next month , by the way what do you think about the PQ in SD & HD on the DM 800HD se ?
  23. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    I forgot about it being HD only ...

Don't know about the PQ on the original DM800HD se .. not heard anything negative.

I'm not the one to ask there anyway.. I used to be really into digital PQ & artifacts as I used to be involved in sub broadcast video editing / production when digital [sd] 1st came out - I see so many stbs & screens now [& combinations] I've got to the point now that I don't look too close & so it all looks pretty good except for the really cheap stuff.

If I look too close I still just see the artifacts- it's a pain - just watched the Manchester Derby & found myself doing it again :facepalm:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  24. ABARKIE

ABARKIE Member

Ratings:
    +61
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  25. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    Nice find .. :smashin:

.... got a few others on their list too including listings for all the MBC channels, JSC Sports listings, Fox movies & Panorama Comedy listing which does show some decent English- very handy.

Very handy Favourites option .. lists all your favourite's online EPGs together..

EPGs for ..

JSC Sports

Panorama Action
    MBC2
    MBC MAX
    Fox Movies
    FOX
    MBC Action
    Dubai One
    MBC 4
    MBC 3
    Panorama Comedy

Fox, Dubai One & MBC have their own sites but nice to have them on one favourites list.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  26. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,331
    Excellent picture quality.:thumbsup:
  27. TUT

TUT Member

Ratings:
    +88
    How is the PQ of the DM800HD se compared to the Vu+ UNO ?
  28. thfccambs

Ratings:
    +2,331
    Not sure on V UNO but do have a Duo.
    For me Dreambox is better. Also was commenting on picture quality on DM800 and 8000 not the new SE model as I don't own one.
  29. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    There's yet another free movie channel opened up on Nilesat 104/ AB7 @ 7w. Play Movies

... it's been running trailers for ages & finally started showing movies a few days ago, it showed trailers for blockbuster movies, but started with quite a few real B movies but has now shown a few that are a bit more like it & some of the promotions are looking a little more polished ..

...personally I'd like to see a couple of classic movie channels [MGM FTA etc.] & definitely trade a few free movie channels for some decent fooooty.... most of the movie channels carry pretty new stuff.. I noticed MBC2/ MAX are advertising world premiers first time on TV again ...etc.. might be feeling the competition with all the channels on 7w now.
  30. pedro2000uk

Ratings:
    +602
    Anyone trying to get these weaker channels with weaker tuners/ smaller dishes or is getting them OK but would just like to see the signal numbers go up .....with the clear sky a dropping temperatures 7w should be easier as the lnb circuits get cooled right down reducing noise... certainly some higher numbers atm..

[you can do a similar thing with a pipe freezer spray]