Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition

The digital Version of this is 50% off on XBOX One. Hope Sony follow suit as I'd bite at £22.50 for it

Just checked and this is now showing at £22.49. I'll have some of that!

Price available from 28th until 1st April, it says.

Last edited:
Nice to see it's the same prices as on xb1. Now to decide whether to pay his or finish AC4 first then just pick up the disc of this

Yeah Benchy I'm in the same boat - picked up AC4 last night and really enjoying it so far. I've also got inFamous. I'm really tempted to buy Tomb Raider, but if I do I'll just end up playing all of them sporadically, knowing me. Decisions decisions.

I was tempted by the disc earlier this week but hadn't taken the plunge, so this is very welcome news to get it for £20 if I buy from CD keys. I'm still new to PS4 so torn on the digital vs disc debate but at this price I can't say no.

I'm still new to PS4 so torn on the digital vs disc debate but at this price I can't say no.

I normally decide if it is something I will play for a long time (like battlefield) or something I will just play through the story and not touch again (like second son). For the former, I'll go digital, for the latter I'll get it on disk with a view to trading/selling it before the price drops.

Can't say I'm overly fussed by trading in, I never do it anyway. The big sways are going digital means no swapping discs, particularly useful for remote play more than playing on the TV. But physical copies will work for longer and generally be cheaper as well. I might get the digital version of this for now as it's dirt cheap, the temptation to go with physical ones and hope the games are later on PS+ to get the best of both worlds

i will be getting this tomorrow, some people have managed to get it already for the £22 price, i've tried all ways but it wont let me :/

I'm in as it was almost my GOTY on the PS3 and well worth a punt at this price. It has that same effect as the original on the PS1 that just makes you go wow this is great fun, and it bought a tired franchise back to life.

Last edited:
I'm in as it was almost my GOTY on the PS3 and well worth a punt at this price. It has that same effect as the original on the PS1 that just makes you go wow this is great fun, and it bought a tired franchise back to life.
That's definitely subjective. The original Tomb Raider wowed me, but this one just seemed like a bit of a bandwagon jumper to me. Preferred Underworld myself (I'm probably alone in this!). Still a good game though. :)

Bought and downloaded, will start to play it tomorrow night I expect now.

Just bought it from PSN :clap:

Thief seems to be on sale on the US PSN store and is on sale on Xbox Live Games Store so hopefully Square Enix are having a sale and that will be on sale in Europe on PSN too.

Yeah I went for it. I want to embrace DD so I get start buying my games that way

I'm still so torn on DD Vs physical, love having access and no disc swapping ,especially with the remote play thing so I can play all my library when away from home not just the disc i left in the tray. But I've had HDD's fail before and they will again, when the PS4 is done and my hdd fails there will be no way to recover what I lose and that bugs me. But while DD is still costing more than the discs I doubt i'll bite, this offer was much cheaper than the disc even preowned so if the price is right i'll bite. Quite liking the idea of buying discs and then getting PS+ versions as they come up, not guaranteed but it means you'd have the best of both worlds

I'm still so torn on DD Vs physical, love having access and no disc swapping ,especially with the remote play thing so I can play all my library when away from home not just the disc i left in the tray. But I've had HDD's fail before and they will again, when the PS4 is done and my hdd fails there will be no way to recover what I lose and that bugs me. But while DD is still costing more than the discs I doubt i'll bite, this offer was much cheaper than the disc even preowned so if the price is right i'll bite. Quite liking the idea of buying discs and then getting PS+ versions as they come up, not guaranteed but it means you'd have the best of both worlds
You can re-download all the games though so it's not an issue in that respect. Plus gives you cloud saving so that's sorted. Only things you'll lose will be your captures. Even then you could back them up soon anyway.

You can re-download all the games though so it's not an issue in that respect. Plus gives you cloud saving so that's sorted. Only things you'll lose will be your captures. Even then you could back them up soon anyway.
I know but I'm talking years down the line. So when they decide to turn off the PS4 servers because there's a ps6 or whatever if your HDD goes you lose your game, I know it's a long way off but I do quite like having all my old games from way back in the snes days still playable, it's rare i play them but it's nice to have the option, then again by the time that happens a disc copy of tomb raider might be available for about £3 so it wouldn't cost much to get the copies later. Anyway feels like we've gone off the topic of the game, all you lot buying it get playing

Won't dd fill up the hdd quicker?

Doh I bought this last week for £30 on disc. Never mind.

If you miss some of the hidden items and stuff, can you find them again later on ?? Want to get as much complete as possible .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom