Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tom tom one v2 sd card error

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by zaqana, May 23, 2008.

1. zaqana

zaqana Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hello

i have a tomtom one v2 new edition it was giving me error when i switch on it was showing me that sd card is coming out from tomtom and a cross sign was coming on sd card.
    i install tomtom home from cd and try to backup files from original sd card then it gives me error while doing back up.
    and after that my computer become freezes .when ever i enter the sd card in system dont detect the sd card.
    now this sd card is corrupt.
    i bought new sd card install voices and other thing from home cd and got map from some where because home cd dont have a map on it.Then i turned on tomtom it start but it gives message "no map founs "

Can some one tell me whats the problem
    uk & ireland map folder is on the root of sd card.
  2. mroshaw

mroshaw Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Watcha!

You need to put the map files in a folder with a specific name on the root of the card. Not sure what the folder name is for your maps, but for Western Europe, the folder is called 'Western_Europe'. Could it be that your folder is not named correctly?

You'll then probably need to activate the map with an activation code, when you switch the TomTom back on.

I've had the same problem recently with my ONE V2 - TomTom Customer Services were hopeless and refused to help me recover my maps, telling me I needed to either spend 125 getting the unit 'fixed' or 60 pounds on new maps. That's after they sent me on a wild goose chase, trying various steps that would never work as:

1. They were for a TomTom GO
    2. They assumed I'd made a backup when I'd made it clear that I hadn't.

Grr, rant over - good luck with recovring your maps. If you still have problems, post up the full contents of your SD card, along with subfolders etc, and I'll compare it to mine, now that it's working again.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. zaqana

zaqana Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hello

its working you thanks.
  4. guitardave

guitardave Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I have the same problem - SD suddenly doesn't work, and I have no backup. Is there any way to fix it? I've got s spare SD card that I've put the TOMTOM software on, but I can't install the maps?.... Any ideas? I can't get Home to see that I have the UK map on my computer, and I don't feel like forking out another £39.99 to buy it again!

Any help much appreciated!

Dave
  5. Damien

Damien Member

Ratings:
    +38
    I have had a similar problem, in the sense that the SD card does not get recognised. I have to shove a peice of cardboard in the hole to push the SD card towards the metals strips then it loads up. PITA

D