Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To downgrade from Sky+HD to Sky+... or not?

Discussion in 'Sky Forum' started by P-P-S-S, Jul 6, 2009.

1. P-P-S-S

P-P-S-S Member

Ratings:
    +66
    A couple of weeks ago i had Sky+HD installed in my house. We chose the variety and music package and the HD package (obviously). The box is an Amstrad. Was having a chat with girlfriend and we couldnt see the point of paying £10 extra a month just to have HD. Most of the HD channels are those that we dont watch and some we cant access since we dont have the movies or sports packages.

Are there any other benefits to having the Sky+HD or should we downgrade to Sky+?
  2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte Active Member

Ratings:
    +671
    If you've already got the box then if you dont notice the difference in picture quality (or watch channels that are in HD), probably not much point in paying the £10 sub.

only problem you've got is your going to have to pay the £10 sub until your 12 months are up.

ya never know tho, some of the channels you like might go HD in the future. eventually most channels will as new stock (as in programs) is filmed in HD.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Broadz

Broadz Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,480
    He's only had it two weeks. There's a 28 day cooling off period.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. P-P-S-S

P-P-S-S Member

Ratings:
    +66
    as Broadz said i have still 2 weeks left in which i can cancel the subscription. We dont really watch much of the HD channels at the moment so it kinda seems pointless.
  5. robfosters

robfosters Member

Ratings:
    +215

Are you a football lover?

If so, your view might change come August.