1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo box costs

Discussion in 'Virgin Media' started by woody57, Dec 8, 2011.

1. woody57

woody57 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi i have two boxes,both HD.
    I believe i am paying £6.50p,although because the bundle online shows as one amount,and is not itemised im not sure.
    Several years ago i paid £100 and bought one box outright.?

It now seems that the Tivo box is £3 monthly,is that each or is there a catch for the price of the second box.?

If i a paying £6.50 for my box im out of pocket,this loyalty bonus lark Virgin employs :mad: leaves me baffled ,how much it's WORTH to me or them seems to leave no room for manouvre on the customers part.
  2. dante01

dante01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,426
    VM don't sell their boxes and the STBs you have remain the property of Virgin Media. You paid a one off fee for services rather than having to pay for the associated service on a monthly basis.

The £3 for TiVo is for the TiVo services. Additional boxes will still cost you £6.50 plus the £3 TiVo service fee.

If you have another box of any sort you pay £6.50 a month per box. The £3 TiVo fee is per account.

In some instances the AO (Additional Outlet) £6.50 charge is being waived for existing customers keeping the V+ for a different room and upgrading to Tivo, so plus £3 Tivo monthly fee but minus the normal £6.50 AO fee.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  3. woody57

woody57 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you Dante----------I think i will stay as i am,saw my Brother in Law's
    Tivo last night ,and thought my Hd box was slightly better thank you.Jim.:)