The Walking Dead Comics & Graphic Novels

Advice for anyone thinking about reading these books, dont! They are like the very Zombies they depict in the story, slow meandering beasts that creep up on you and dont let go....:D

Yep - and now, not only do we have to wait between issues, we now also get the joy of having to wait between episodes (and since it's only a 6-episode season, the added joy of waiting between seasons!!!).

Don't get involved people, it'll only break your heart - or more aptly, tear it out and eat it....

Remind me of how 7 ends please ? (With spoilers of course :D)

The Governor arrives at the prison gates in a tank, surrounded by trucks full of armed people, and yells "Kill 'em all!".

Frantic scrabbling for volume 8 ensued!

Edit: Anyone noticed how if you angle the screen slightly, you can read spoilers without highlighting? Possible issue for us poor laptop users...

Last edited:
Oh yeaaaaah ! Thats so good. Infact that whole volume 7 is awesome.

Ha! Never noticed about viewing angle revealing spoilers though. Back in my home forums I have to read spoilers regardless :(

Oh yeaaaaah ! Thats so good. Infact that whole volume 7 is awesome.

Ha! Never noticed about viewing angle revealing spoilers though. Back in my home forums I have to read spoilers regardless :(

Don't know which forums you Moderate, or if there's a quick way to find out, but basically, if it's the TV/Movies forums, then that would totally suck!

Thankfully, I knew that I can read spoilers in this forum as I do Moderate here - your white writing appears on a pink background and can be visible, so I quickly scrolled past it.

Maybe PM's in the future? :smashin:

Sorry dude, didn't think about that! Naughty Hillskill encouraging ruining other moderators fun. However, since you said you already finished book 7, I wouldn't have thought it'd be much of a spoiler for you. This time....

Who better to look after all the posts about Comics? Possibly Iccz, but he doesnt count. :D

If you had Iccz modding this forum too, it'd probably breach some child labour law or other...

Dont worry, he wont be out again. I locked him in the basement with the rest of the Phillipino children I have making trainers and iPods for my market stall. I made the mistake of giving him some responsibility, and he repaid me by creating a transdimensional warp paddler that enabled him to escape his chains from the left shoe of an Addidas Originals Forest Hills Advantage (Blue/Grey colour in a Size 9 I believe) the guts of a pink 8Gb nano, and a spork.

Never again......:nono:

...with the rest of the Phillipino children I have making trainers...

:rotfl:

Reminds me of Flight Of The Conchords song "Think about it"

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers
But what's the real cost, 'cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper...
Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?
What are your overheads?"

Ditto mate for 10, 11 and 12. Cue the nervous chewing of nails waiting for the postman to arrive....

Wow. Didn't have to wait too long - they arrived this morning! Now I have to sit and stare at them while I work....

Bloody hell, did you order them delivered by 1st Class?

Mine are coming via the free zombie post :D

Yes, was first class, actually - though in recent times, First Class means it arrives three days later, so was expecting Saturday, Friday at the earliest... I couldn't risk the zombie mail option, as I'm in the office on Monday and Tuesday, and didn't trust it to turn up before then...

:rotfl::rotfl:

Too many book threads in this board for my liking, if it was a pure comic board however... perhaps! :D

Thats what IronGiant is here for, the interlectual stuff :smashin:

8, 9 and 10 came through the post.....:smashin:

Not sure if it will of interest to anybody here as you all probably have or are planning to buy the graphic novels but in January they will be reprinting the entire series in a weekly comic called Walking Dead Weekly.

I won't be buying it myself but if you'd like to read it in comic form it's there but it does seem like a bit of a cash in to me.

Just finished Volume 13 which was very good but now I need to decide if I should switch over to the comics...

Curse this Xmas lark! I ordered Vol. 13 from Amazon the other day and got an estimated delivery of 17-23 Dec :mad:. Granted, it was the free super saver delivery, but.... 3 weeks:eek:!

Sacrilege I know, but I forgot I had bought the vols 8-10 :blush:

Just re-read 7, then 8, which I kid you not, my jaw was on the floor all the way through :eek:

Just finished Volume 13 which was very good but now I need to decide if I should switch over to the comics...

I am now in the same boat, and wonder how long I will last as I have just finished 13 tonight, especially as 14 is probably April? May?

I bought it in Greenwich Waterstones, were the lovely lady assistant said "I am watching these on TV" - I said they are very good, but only 6, adding more are due. I also said that they are different enough from the books to be able to read both.

Spread the zombie love!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom