Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The PS Vita Accessories Thread

Discussion in 'PS Vita & PSP' started by marsland95l2cr, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Dubliner1

Dubliner1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +735
    The only 2 brands I'd use are the official Sony Protector or the Japanese brand Hori...you can barely notice them when applied correctly....getting a scratch on the screen will ruin the look of your Vita.
  2. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,288
    Just back from Asda, and they are selling the Official Vita Travel Pack, for £15.

Pretty cool padded case, with pockets, game card case, car charger, screen protector, cleaning cloth, and Wrist strap.

Beats Shopto by £10..

The Snakebyte one I had originally ordered seems to either be rubbish, or delayed, as the Asda staff had it crossed out on their stock sheet, and were only stocking the official one.

EDIT: They've even removed the Snakebyte pack from their site now...
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  3. dragonuk

dragonuk New Member

Ratings:
    +28
    The thing is screen protectors scratch really easy because they are made of plastic. The ps vita screen is made of glass so won't scratch as easy.

So if you put on a screen protector you will have a lot more scratches than if you didnt so you will need to keep changing it if you want it to keep looking good.

The plus side is though obviously if you do scratch the screen protector you can just remove it and your screen is fine.

Also I just got this case, read the reviews but will see what its like. Its the only one in stock on amazon anyway.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Licens...KBY6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329664150&sr=8-1
  4. syko67

syko67 Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Mine should be arriving tomorrow, I'll let you know what I think after I've dropped it a few times..without the Vita being in there of course ;-)
  5. maniac886

maniac886 Member

Ratings:
    +51
    Just fitted the screen protector that I got with the Vita starter kit, it fit's perfectly but the rest of the unit is exposed. Just bought a cheap crystal case off fleabay until I can find a better alternative.
  6. leamspaceman

leamspaceman Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,007
    Ordered from Zavvi weeks ago...delayed until 29th Feb. Cancelled and ordered from Amazon who have it in stock.

Ordered a grip from Amazon and that has been cancelled and money refunded. I've gone for this though:

Amazon.com: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips: Video Games

Getting it sent to a US re-ship address and will be marked as 'gift' with very resasonable shipping.

I also ordered EG from choices and went to check today and it'd been cancelled.
  7. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly Active Member

Ratings:
    +245
    whats the better value out of the starter kit or travel kit if they are the same price in Asda.

I have also pre-ordered the snakebyte kit but there is no sign of it being delivered yet
  8. jimsgill

jimsgill Member

Ratings:
    +53
    They're not the same price. Just been at lunchtime. Got the normal starter kit for £15. The travel kit has a more padded case (no slip case though) and has a car charger included. Meh :rolleyes:
  9. Dubliner1

Dubliner1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +735
    The 'Hori' brand screen protector covers the screen and to the left and right too around the buttons but I don't think those areas are at risk of any scratches anyway.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Dubliner1

Dubliner1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +735
    I've had a Hori screen protector on my PSP since march 2005 (U.S. launch) and it still looks like new. I suppose since Vita is touch screen it will have more wear & tear but unless you have very sharp fingernails I can't see a prob...why not try one out for a while see how it goes?...I got the Sony version with the travel kit and you can't even tell its on the screen.
  11. Dubliner1

Dubliner1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +735
    ...just got the 3G model with Uncharted, Lumines, 16GB stick, travel kit at HMV here in Dublin for about 360 UK Pounds.
    The Travel kit is quite good as you get the nice soft travel pouch which can hold several games and headphones etc in addition to the console. Also comes with the screen protector, large cleaning cloth and wrist strap which I definetely wanted and I think are 'must haves'.
    The card holder is a bit gimmicky and the car adaptor I suppose could be useful if the Vita can be used in the car eventually for Sat Nav/ GPS...
    I originally ordered the starter kit as I wanted the soft pouch but the leather case in the starter kit seems completely daft and badly designed.
    I'd definetely recommend the travel kit. The only thing about any case with a zipper is you should be careful putting the Vita in and out as it might get scratched from the zipper itself.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  12. crzgt

crzgt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone ordered the Official starter kit from Play.com and received theirs yet? Both my Little Deviants and start pack where dispatched at the same time, however my game came yesterday but still no Starter pack :(
  13. monkey business

monkey business Active Member

Ratings:
    +355
    Looking to buy another mains charger and came across this one on eBay.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Thinking of getting it. Any reason why I should not? Price seems reasonable.
  14. Hi/zuum

Hi/zuum AVF Table Tennis Winner 06

Ratings:
    +175
  15. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,288
    Tell them to go get the stock sheet...they are the same price..same price instore, same price online.

I've already had a mate go and get one, from another Asda, the bigger one, in our city, and he paid £15 for the Travel Pack too.
  16. Dubliner1

Dubliner1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +735
  17. Dubliner1

Dubliner1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +735
    +1 :thumbsdow
  18. gazhowell

gazhowell Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Both the travel kit and starter kit were £15 in my local Asda. I went for the Travel kit obv ;)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,288
    Cheers, I knew they were, but for a moment, I thought I was going loopy or something. :laugh:
  20. small763021

small763021 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I have the 4gamers black version to come,it was posted a few days ago so should be here soon.
    It seems to get good reviews/comments so went with that,and it was cheap.
  21. jimsgill

jimsgill Member

Ratings:
    +53
    Yeah sorry. You're right. Just had a mate check. It must have been priced differently at the branch I went to. £15 for starter and £20 for travel kit. The one he went to had both for £15.

Didn't like the saggy look of the travel case and only got the starter kit as I wanted a wrist sling, cloth and slip case til my VIP case arrives :confused:

It's all good. Horses for courses and all that.
  22. Hi/zuum

Ratings:
    +175
    wrong. :nono:
  23. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,288
  24. Hi/zuum

Ratings:
    +175
    are you telling me its the same as this...

Playstation Vita Travel Pack | Accessories | ASDA direct

double wrong. :facepalm:
  25. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,288
    No, that's the wrong picture...they removed the Snakebyte kit, but substituted the Official picture of the Travel Pack, for the Snakebyte pack..so, it's the official pack, just not the right picture.

What you get for £15 in Asda is this:

PS Vita Official Travel Kit

I bought one this morning mate, and it is the same travel pouch you ordered, but also comes with strap, screen protector, cleaning cloth, game case, and car charger.
  26. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +352
    Thanks for the Travel Kit tips... Just popped into my local ASDA and they had the Starter and Travel kit for £15.. So I picked up a Travel Kit ready for my Vita which should be delivered tomorrow.

Jon
  27. Dubliner1

Dubliner1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +735
    15 quid for the official Sony Travel kit from Asda is an absolute bargain- sell for 30- 35 euros here in Ireland. :thumbsup:
  28. Dubliner1

Dubliner1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +735
    Don't worry mate- we all get ripped off from time to time :rotfl:
  29. monkey business

monkey business Active Member

Ratings:
    +355
    What is the official name of the travel kit that is selling at Asda instore for £15? I really like the look of the case.

I have no asda near me so Im having a friend try and pick one up for me. Scared to order it online as it shows are completely different kit.

Cheers.
  30. Dubliner1

Dubliner1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +735
    The Official Sony Travel Kit comes in a blue rectangular box about 9 inches long. On the front it has the Sony brand name on top left corner and six small black & white pictures of all the items contained in the box...from left to right...the travel case, the car charger, the game card case, the screen protector, the wrist strap, the cleaning cloth. Below the picture of the wrist strap it says 'Travel Kit'.
    On the back of the box in the bottom right corner there is a barcode with the numbers 7 11719 29671 3.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1