Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Panasonic SD9 and HS9 thread

Discussion in 'Camcorders & Video Editing' started by rickyd, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albie

Albie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Are pansonic still doing the cashback on the SD9, as I just took a look on the Panasonic site, and cannot see anything about it.

Comet are doing the SD9 for £369.99 (web exclusive - although you can collect at store for that price), so wondered if I could still get £50 off?
  2. booty

booty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think comet are in the list for cashback. I just went into currys and got them to price match empire direct who sell it for £371. Also now got the form to claim the cashback so will totall a nice £320 which is a great price for this camcorder. The offer ends on 31st of dec so be quick.
  3. A n d r e w

A n d r e w Active Member

Ratings:
    +250
    You didn't look hard enough: Panasonic - ideas for life - Panasonic HD Camcorder

Scroll down and look for the "£50 cashback" promotion ad in the right-hand column.

Andrew.
  4. drbloor

drbloor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Comet IS DEFINITELY included in the cashback offer.

In the smallprint of the offer leaflet is a phone number for the Panasonic Extended Warranty Helpline: 01344 706723

Call that number if you want and they will confirm which retailers are included.

I called them this morning to confirm that Comet was legit.

EDIT: Comet probably don't advertise this offer because they are currently selling a 2 year extension to the manufacturers warranty for £89.99. It doesn't help them for Panasonic to be giving it away for free...
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  5. avid fan

avid fan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear that – I’m still pondering the camcorder to go for, and after a good read of this (and other) threads I must say that I’d started to question my original decision to go for this due to the many negative comments about indoor recording.

Would love to hear from any others that have settled into using the SD9 to hear if any of those issues had any foundation.
  6. Captain-K

Captain-K Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I've just reserved my SD9 at Comet, and will go and pick it up tomorrow. Before I do, I want to confirm that my PC will be able to handle the editing of AVCHD files (this is my first brush with this format).

Processor is AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+ 2.10 Ghz, with 3Gb of RAM, running Vista Home Premium. Will this be OK?
  7. davidhunter

davidhunter Member

Ratings:
    +10
    CaptainK I run a similar set up with a X2 3800 and 2 gb memory and it struggles a bit supposidly an X2 4000 is the bare minimum. I only built this PC a few years ago its amazing how slow it has now become. Are you using x64 or 32bit Vista? that will also make a difference.

David
  8. Captain-K

Captain-K Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks David. Running 32 bit Vista. As long as it will allow real-time editing without locking up, with one of the major packages, I'll be happy. I got used to leaving my (very) old XP machine overnight to convert .avi files to MPEG2, so any lengthy final encoding process won't worry me, provided the fun bit of cutting, pasting, adding audio/titles etc works OK.
  9. gunneredw

gunneredw Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Went to catford comet and they do not have any leaflets for cashback and did not know anything about it or whether they were involved. Manager also confirmed this.
    So Do you need the cashback leaflet to get the cashback from comet or is a receipt good enough if they ARE involved n the cashback? And how do i claim if i buy from Comet? Has anyone else had success?
  10. senu

senu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,979
    WE can carry this on Here chaps;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.