1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official LG UK 2012 TV Range

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Member 300569, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Hi Everyone!

As promised, here is the link to the PDF of our entire 2012 TV range. we'll be getting a 'cleaner' version, (and of course, all the product pages!) onto our website in the near future, but until then this is just to get them into a single file, where you can easily see the differences between the series' this year and what features each model offers.

I'll be adding more Official AV Forums threads over the coming weeks before April and updating the spec for the OLED as soon as I have the confirmed UK info.

Please feel free to comment on this thread about the overall range and i'll try my best to answer them. Alternatively you can also visit the official threads by series for more info an images etc...

Here is the link
    LG 2012 TV Range | LG Blog
    :thumbsup:

p.s. Unfortunately, pricing is still unavailable (from LG) This is due to the sensitivity of pricing amongst the retailers, we would encourage you to obtain this info from your preferred retailer.
  2. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Hi,

Thanks for the update...
    First that sure ain't an iOS friendly PDF :D i was scrolling around my iPad like a mental case :laugh:

Second,
    That's great at least now I can compare what I want. I think I'll get a 47/55LM960v as long as LG don't try to all of a sudden start charging more this year.

Last years models were plagued with issues from users and LG have said they have improved the 3D capability and the backlighting of these tvs. Let's hope they are not bleeding light or banding like the previous 2011 sets.

I think LG have a lot of ground to make up with their customers, I owned a LE5500/PZ550T and my LG montiors 2x 24WFP so I am an LG fan, but I do think after trying to buy a passive TV this year, that LG dropped the ball with their manufacturing or QC.

Let's hope you also tell the Retailers to keep the price low! If not, I'm sure like the rest that have been burned by LG, i will forgo the 2012 models and look else where.

That said, the 2012 modes look great, the have a more modern look, like the samsungs, and as long as these dirty screen, banding, back light bleeding issues have been resolved (and you don't try and hike the price) I'll be sure to invest in one until OLED is within my price range.

Thanks for the info, and if you can supply us with pricing that would be great, because to be honest, if retailers are keeping tight lipped about it (as you say) doesn't that speculate price fixing?

Why do they need to even discuss this matter, they are competitors?
    You make the product for (x) pounds you want (y) profit you tell them it's MSRP is £1200 for the 55LM960V and they don't rip us off by hiking the price... Seems fair and open to me? Why keep it behind closed doors for retailers to price fix amongst them selves? Is that not a tad underhand?
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  3. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Hya, sorry about the size of the PDF... I got the file as an Excel which was even less friendlier on my phone!!...

I understand your point about the pricing and i'm sorry I can't give you more of an indication yet. Nearer the time of launch, and after the majority of our retailers have started to place orders, it would probably be a better time to help give you an idea of what they will be selling. I'll update as soon as I can. Apologies
  4. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Thanks for the reply, and I look forward to future updates. Just tell whoever you need to tell that the current cinema 3d owners got screwed this year and it would be down right rude to do it again.

I do hope LG listen and respect the customer, having awards doesn't mean it's a success.

Concorde is the best way to fly but it wasn't a success in the end...

Keep the price realistic, keep the defects to a minimum and we will stay loyal :) Ypu guys have some making up to do :)

As soon as you know I hope you still pop in and let us know any info regarding availability and pricing etc.

Thanks again,
  5. celle

celle Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I am disappointed, that there isn´t a 60" version of the LM960 or LM860? Why not and why only the LM620/640 without LED-Plus or Nano backlight?

When can we expect the 60LM620/640 and how looks the frame and is there a chance that LG uses in the 60" a Sharp ASV panel or is it a low contrast IPS panel?
  6. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Looking at the LG blog it seems to mention the IPS panels (and LOGO) a lot so Im gonna assume it's an IPS panel in these tvs...

Funnily enough none of the ces shows from revision 3 etc say much about this range from LG? There are not many independent reports on them? I've found loads of reports on new headphones and other tech but these models got very little actual write ups and reviews which is a tad strange...

I really hope LG sort it out this year, and I hope they look after their customer base!
  7. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Absolutely!! in fact, we'd really like to get your opinions BEFORE we look at doing our marketing campaigns for the TV's to make sure we REALLY know what you guys want and are looking for in a TV! i'd really appreciate it if you could spend just a couple of minutes and give us some feedback on our brief survey?

the survey is here:

TV Research Survey
  8. noobybooby

noobybooby Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did the survey. Do I get a cookie?

Which one of these models is the replacement for the LK450U? I can't tell.

Also, forgive me if I'm being stupid here, but what's FHD and HD - is it Full HD (i.e. 1080p) and HD (i.e. 720p)? If that is the case, then it seems strange that you guys are still shipping TVs that are anything other than 1080p.

It also seems strange that Freeview HD isn't standard on all models in 2012.
  9. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Hi, you may certainly have a virtual cookie!! (your ibrowser should be able to help you with that!...) You'll notice that the only LCD TV we will be doing this year is the CS460 so there isn't REALLY an obvious replacement model. I would suggest an LS3 or 5 would be a natural progression perhaps?

You are correct, there are FHD and HD Ready models still in the range, with a large portion of people who still only use their TV from Freeview general day to day viewing and don't perhaps own a Blu-ray player (My parents are actually a prime example) the benefit of a FullHD panel may perhaps not be seen as much? Also, in the same way that some people who already have a STB as their way of watching TV (i.e. Sky or Virgin) may not require the internal tuner at all and wouldn't need a DVBT2 tuner. We try and cater for as many different types of people as possible, otherwise the choice would be far more limited and all TV's would have exactly the same features....
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    All done,

I've got a bit of feedback regarding it though if your interested. It asked me about what is important to me when buying a tv and gave 3 examples of things I don't really look for... You should mention things like 24p compatible (via 1:1/2:2/3:3/5:5 pull down) reference quality d6500 whites and colour palate, rich blacks from local dimming, fast response times, etc those are the things I look for :)

Again, David I do hope you don't think I am moaning... It's certainly not meant in that manner... I just feel let down a bit this year.. My LG plasmas were all faulty and had to be returned, we then opted for an LED and that was a mine field as LG are discontinuing some of the LW range and writing off panels left right and centre... We were then forced to wait for a refund (up to 30days) and were left out of pocket... we now have no tv (just a monitor) until April ...

I have a 6yo daughter who is angry at me as we have no tv and she can't watch GLEE ... a wife who things I'm an idiot and should just buy the Samsung... and me, well I'm just missing the F1 season opening races in a few weeks :(

I am jut being honest about how bad QC can affect an individual customer, and I harbour no grudges toward LG or you and am not on a smear campaign, I'll wait until April and be the bad guy in my house, as I really do want to give LG the chance to prove that they are not all bad.. (and to be able to say I told you so to the wife) :rotfl:

Any way,
    Good luck with the launch,
    Keep us posted with any updates if you can and I hope all is well for 2012 :smashin:
  11. elgriego

elgriego Member

Ratings:
    +65

I did it too. Have to say that it is a little bit biased for passive 3d TVs although it may be the whole point of it. I wonder what the purpose is as I can't see it doing anything else than analysing how buyers of an LG passive 3d TV(current and future ones) would behave towards the different cinema models and it does not take into account the spending power of each individual as I am sure it is directly related.
  12. Bwlmog

Bwlmog Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Just completed survey, no interest in smart TV ability what so ever and would never use it. Really hoped that LG would release the cinema screen TV in 37" but for some reason they are only being released in 42"+ which is really disappointing. May wait now and see what the Panasonic passive screen tv looks like.
  13. noobybooby

noobybooby Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

Also, to reiterate what a couple of others said above - the survey seemed pretty keen on 3D and SMART functionality. For me (and I guess a disproportionately high number of people on the forum) issues such as picture quality/motion handling/backlight bleed etc. are going to be much more important.

Looking forward to April.
  14. beaker656

beaker656 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    What he said :lesson:
  15. Bwlmog

Bwlmog Member

Ratings:
    +8
    +1
  16. rogdodge

rogdodge Member

Ratings:
    +33
    PQ is what I look for first. Get that right and I might look at the other things the TV offers, but probably won't as I will most likely never use them. :smashin:
  17. vontexx

vontexx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    First official Pricelist ?
    Flat Panel LED | JR.com

LG 32LM6200 = 749,99$
    LG 42LM6200 = 1199,99$
    LG 47LM6200 = 1499,99$
    LG 55LM6200 = 1999,99$
    LG 65LM6200 = 3299,99$

LG 42LM6700 = 1399,99$
    LG 47LM6700 = 1699,99$
    LG 55LM6700 = 2199,99$

LG 47LM7600 = 1899,99$
    LG 55LM7600 = 2399,99$

LG 47LM8600 = 2199,99$
    LG 55LM8600 = 2699,99$

LG 47LM9600 = 2699,99$
    LG 55LM9600 = 3299,99$
  18. ipabzi

ipabzi Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I wonder how well these prices will convert to £s? If the LM 6700 55inch is $2199, that equates to around £1,388.... And I got my 550t for £1,260 a couple of weeks ago. Is it worth it to have no tv for a month a wait for the LM 6700??
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  19. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    A really big thanks to everyone who has given us their feedback on our survey, I really appreciate your comments.

we still would love to hear from more of you about your views and opinions of your TV purchasing wants and needs!
    :smashin:

TV Research Survey

Thanks again
    Dave
  20. ipabzi

ipabzi Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I just went back from a thread back last April and the 47LW550t was £1399.99 on release!
    Pretty sure I won't be able to afford these new ones if that's the kind of prices they'll be!

I was hoping the 55LN760t would be around £1500 but I highly doubt it now! :(
  21. meyerovb

meyerovb Member

Ratings:
    +6
    See retailer price list in USD here: Flat Panel LED | JR.com
  22. ipabzi

ipabzi Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Cheers but usually with technology the US to UK conversion screws us brits over! For example the Apple tv is $99 in the us but £99 here! So I reckon for example the TVs that are $2199 will be around £1999
  23. immyh

immyh Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi LG Uk

Will picture in picture make it back onto the range. Would be good to utilize dual play glasses to watch two inputs?
  24. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Hi, there is SOME kind of PiP coming on 2012 models but i'm not sure about inputs and/or dual play features. i'll be getting my hands on the range in the coming weeks so i'll be able to confirm all your questions before they hit the UK shelves. :smashin:
  25. rumblesushi

rumblesushi Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Any prices floating around for the new 60 inch plasmas? Presumably similar to the 2011 range?
  26. Fake Shempz

Fake Shempz Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah...bit of a loaded survey to be honest (all about 3D and Smart capabilities)...its as if LG are trying to manipulate the responses to what they want - which is strange.

If you ask the majority of people, I'd like to think that Picture Quality is the first thing they look for in a tv.
    In my case the most important is PQ, followed by gaming lag. For me, 3D and Smart capabilities are additional items that are nice to have, but not essential.
  27. rumblesushi

rumblesushi Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I couldn't care less about 3D and Smart TV stuff.

I buy LG plasmas because they handle SD stuff brilliantly, and have excellent PQ, very natural picture. The only thing lacking is pure black levels but I find that very overrated, I think shadow detail is more important and LG plasmas handle that very well.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. J4CK DANIELS

J4CK DANIELS Member

Ratings:
    +241
    Just did your TV survey and not sure why it was just aimed towards if i wanted to buy an LG TV!? (or was that the point?) anyway, love passive, hate active so who cares about banding clouding bleed etc... (youre never gonna get a perfect TV!) so I reckon its about time to update my 6 year old PG6000 plasma! now if only there was a passive 3D plasma!! Any plans LG UK?!
  29. rumblesushi

rumblesushi Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I agree with that, I wish they did passive 3D plasmas. I'm not a big fan of 3D either way, but I find active 3D hideous and headache inducing, passive looks much better.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  30. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Unfortunately there's no 'current' plans for a Cinema 3D plasma, I guess it would push the price up a bit too high and take away the advantages of the plasma vs LED argument. Never say Never though!.... :smashin: