Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official LG SL8000 LCD TV thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Member 300569, Sep 4, 2009.

1. br5times

br5times Member

Ratings:
    +7
    yeah same question from me - updated with ease thanks to previous poster! much appreciated - however, have not seen any difference in anything... or is it not supposed to be that obvious?
  2. BiLLi0

BiLLi0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    - You can't and you shouldn't because it's a way to prevent image persistence / screen burn. Also, if you choose an input that has no cable/image displaying, you'll see a screen saver.
    Image persistence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- Check the Format_Profile of the video codec. Has to be L3.1 it won't play the 3.0.
  3. ch33psk8

ch33psk8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Firmware updates ok...
    haven't noticed any diff or improvements ?
  4. whoop

whoop New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No idea what the updates are supposed to do, all I know is they're taken from the Polish LG website.

Does anyone know how I can make it remember the language settings for a channel? I switch the language and, for a mysterious reason, it resets every time I go back to that channel.
  5. Raitsa

Raitsa Member

Ratings:
    +1
  6. Beatwolf

Beatwolf Member

Ratings:
    +4
    thanks for that latest firmware upgrade. Although the file isn´t named properly to something the tv will recognize (at least not my sl8500). So you will need to just rename it to the same name as the one that was posted earlier, and that will work.
  7. FlameDB

FlameDB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know that this TV has bluetooth, but can I use it with a bluetooth headset? It's because my TV is so close to the wall it is impossible to connect any more wires to it.. So will all the audio go to the bluetooth headset?
  8. br5times

br5times Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yes you can pair a bluetooth headset with the TV - as long as it has the functionality for audio playback - I say this as an old jabra bluetooth set I had failed to work on this TV however a logitech one I have which can be used as headphones also works fine.

BT Headphones will be the better option and will definitely work.
  9. br5times

br5times Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I think it is time for me to possibly upgrade my TV. Any ideas on how much i could get for my 32SL8000 today? It's in MINT condition, no scratches or marks not even on the stand. I still have the original box and the remote is in pristine condition.

I would only have another £100-£150 on top of what I get for this to spend on an upgraded TV!