1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official LG PZ550T Plasma 3DTV Thread

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Member 300569, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mrroboto

mrroboto Member

Ratings:
    +0

did you?
  2. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi, haven't been able to recalibrate, my girlfriend's mum isn't doing too well the past couple of weeks so have lent her my laptop to watch films on, when I get it back I'll post the updated settings. U still using the previous ones?
  3. MovieFan60

MovieFan60 Member

Ratings:
    +41
    I tried your settings yesterday - very good, but what level do you have colour set to? I've left it at 50 - how about you?

These settings make primary colours look very good without being bland, but do think brightness could be a bit higher say 48-50.

All the best
  4. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Geoff, the color settings are the default ones, the brightness can be adjusted to what you feel works for you, my brightness settings are for my room(normally v dark) but if you have a brighter room your settings will need tweaked a bit, hopefully that helps
    Mark
  5. MovieFan60

MovieFan60 Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Hi there, now that the clocks have gone back I've been doing some testing with your settings and overall prefer your brightness settings for most material unless the subject matter is very dark to begin with (Green Lantern BD) but I will be using your results most of the time.

Looking forward to when you get the chance to re-calibrate!

All the best
  6. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I have different settings for xbox, ps3 and pc, will post when I'm home
    Mark
  7. skyjuice

skyjuice Member

Ratings:
    +1
    :hiya:Hi all,

I am looking to get this particular model myself soon too, and would be intrested if any of you guys have any other pros and cons about it, I do use my PS3 alot for gaming, and would like to know what you guys thought bout it for this purpose, and of course for the 3D aswell, on doing my research, i notice that it has 2D to 3D conversion, can this be applied to any 2D HD channel/programme? And can it be applied to gaming also ? And Peahead1977 would love for you to put up those settings for the games console:lease:
  8. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    For the first couple of days just make sure u have reduced the brightness and contrast down to about 50 each. The pic quality is very good, a bit of image retention but goes away in an min. I play FIFA a lot and no retention probs at all. Ill post my settings for 3d for games and tv when get home. The 2d to 3d is good, better on HD sources than SD, I've even watched Jeremy Kyle in 2d to3d and even that was watchable ;-) oh and make sure u use the orbiter setting nb everytime u change from a 3d source to 2d source u need to change it
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  9. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    For 3D tv

Contrast 90
    Brightness 65
    Sharpness. 53
    Color 70
    Tint 0
    Color temp c30
    Dynamic contrast low
    Dynamic color medium
    Noise off
    Gamma medium
    Black low
    Film mode on
    Color gamut wide
    Edge enhancer on

Xbox 360
    Game mode
    Con 66
    Bright 48
    Sharp 50
    Color 60
    Tint 0
    Dynamic low
    D color med
    Noise off
    Gamma med
    Black low
    Film on
    Color gamut wide
    Edge off

Ps3 2d

Game mode
    Con 90
    Bright 50
    Sharp 50
    Color 60
    Tint 0
    Color temp 0
    D con off
    D color off
    Noise off
    Gamma med
    Black low
    Film on
    Color gamut wide
    Edge on

Will post ps3 3d settings next time I have it on
  10. mrroboto

mrroboto Member

Ratings:
    +0
    of course, are the best settings i found around. need to get a calibrator soon.. :)

thanx also for the 3d settings!
  11. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Hopefully the 3D are good. I still have to change the 3D viewpoint or depth depending on the film or sports but it's easy enough to sort out when watching 3D
  12. skyjuice

skyjuice Member

Ratings:
    +1
    :)This is all very, very good information, as sometimes its best to talk to someone who actually has the item, rather than speak to a sales person that allways generalise about their product..(ahem..curries..lol) . Oh and to mention one more thing, that i havent seen in this thread is. What is the audio sound like??. Even though i will be using my 5.1 surround sound. Just for those who are intrested:)
  13. UniQ

UniQ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does your gaming picture with this tv look like this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those edges look awfull. I have used peaheads settings.
  14. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    They do look bad. I have the settings set up just for FIFA so u should prob just remove the edge enhancer setting and maybe reduce the sharpness to 40
  15. UniQ

UniQ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Already done that :S Still looks like shiet! Those are close up shots, but still...in my firends sony tv it doesnt look anything like that.
  16. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    I've no idea what u can do now and why it is looking like that
  17. skyjuice

skyjuice Member

Ratings:
    +1
    UniQ, how come the 1st two pictures look alright and the rest look like you took the pics on a crt tv, and did you apply peaheads settings for the right games console, just checking mate. :smashin: And Peahead, i know that Fifa isnt really a fast paced motion game, could you possibly try out a game that has a lot of mayhem and action going on and let us know your thoughts on that mate, as this really is where it matters:thumbsup: thanks fella.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  18. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Skyjuice, like everyone else I'm waiting on MW3 being delivered so I can see what the tv is like for fast moving games ;-) the only games I play now are FIFA and NHL, both look good and the 3D works well and looks good when playing wipeout on PS3
  19. skyjuice

skyjuice Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Having said that, mayby you could add me on the PS3 my gamertag is SkyyJuice, i'll def be getting MW3, so hopefully we could squad up and you could give some real time info on the 550, mate.:)
  20. rovex33

rovex33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +45
    This TV doesnt need very much sharpening. To be honest 35 is more than enough. To get the setting right you need to program the expert modes and use about 45/25 for the 2 sharpness settings.
  21. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Rovex, I will try those settings :) skyjuice, I only play online on Xbox, can't get used to ps3 controller, have even tried the Xbox controller converter. Have more friends on xbox :)
  22. key

key Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got myself one of these last week and was just wondering when i try to adjust the picture settings in the menu not all the options are available "just scan " being one of them they are faded out and cant click on them.probably somthing stupid but im useless at all this stuff.
    Thanks.
  23. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    The just scan is only available through HDMI and I think only on expert 1 and 2
  24. skyjuice

skyjuice Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Peahead, no worries fella, i use to be an avid xbox gamer untill my elite console got the ring of death, and found the transition to PS3 controller unbearable, just takes getting used to i suppose. Anyway not long now for MW3 release (6hrs and counting...lol) i guess i'll be expecting a fast motion review, sometime tomorrow or when ever you get the time to write one.:thumbsup:
  25. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Skyjuice, u should get an Xbox again, is the better console ;-) I have 2 copies coming from game tomorrow but will prob get one from a store at 9 so I can get a good few hrs playing, managed to get tues and wed off work :) as soon as I play I'll see if u have the same experience as me re the fast moving pics :)
  26. UniQ

UniQ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Because they are still shots. Others are from a replay :) These are the first settings peahead posted here.
  27. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Skyjuice, I hope u r enjoying mw3, I have to say it looks very good on the tv and no trails so the tv is performing well :) I was at my mates today because he was having probs with his his Samsung ue46d6530, the trails behing the ball and players in FIFA was rediculous! He was not happy esp because it cost a lot more than this tv. The 3d crosstalk was unwatchable but we messed about with his settings and got it a whole lot better. It made my tv look amazing ;-)
  28. skyjuice

skyjuice Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Peahead , loving MW3 thanks mate, Right then, thats it, iam def gonna get this model.:smashin: and i am gonna go the whole hog and get the 60", just need to sell my 46" panasonic (TH-46PZ80B) to raise the rest of the cash. i have had it a couple of years now, so how much do you reckon i should sell it for, bearing in mind that is very ,very minamal wear to it, just the fans at the back are a lil dirty:)
  29. Peahead1977

Peahead1977 Member

Ratings:
    +24
    The tv u have now is going on eBay at the min with the lowest starting bid is £250 so I would think for the same specs as a new tv you could get £300-£400. Hopefully that will get u the 60 ( now I'm jealous :smashin:)
  30. key

key Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick qestion if anyone can help.how would i connect this tv to a surround sound system and my ps3? also do i actually need a full system as i have the ps3 to play the 3d disk' could i not get away with just speakers? Sorry for the such little no how. :confused: