1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official LG LW450U 3D LED Thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Member 300569, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derek500

derek500 Member

Ratings:
    +315
    If you watch a lot of SD channels you may want to connect by SCART too as the HDMI only outputs at 575p and not native 576i which should give better SD quality.
  2. andy2322

andy2322 Member

Ratings:
    +220
    here are my gran turismo 3D settings

parallax 8

convergence 0.98

if someone could test then let me know if they are the best quality
  3. loganbiffy

loganbiffy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Try parallax 3 and convergence 0.8
  4. jj1234

jj1234 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Still waiting for the price to reduce....
  5. alfiehillman123

alfiehillman123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Keep an eye on quidco and top cashback, quidco recently had 10% of all click and reserve orders and £50 of any tv over £399
  6. andy2322

andy2322 Member

Ratings:
    +220
    just had a go at them settings in car view is ok but car view need a tweek it hurts my head :thumbsup:
  7. koobi

koobi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got my 55LW450N, havent tried a real blue ray dvd yet just some sbs files from the internet, ex LG demo sbs files.
    Sometimes its looks great sharp image etc but sometimes i get crosstalk ( Ghosting in the corners ) . Using vlc player.
    Notice on the picture that the fish isnt the same in the right and left picture, this is where i get ghosting .
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Is this the way it should be or isnt vlc player anygood for this? Have tried playing with PS3 and with USB . Its the same. Lots of ghosting in corners on some scenes where the image right and left isnt matching up correctly.
    Defect TV? sometimes its looks very good! have tried some PS3 demos , havent seen anything like this there.
    Thanks for help!
  8. smashie

smashie Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I Dunno bout vlc, but I get great results with xbmc.. The reason the images differ slightly is down to the way 3d works, the two images are filmed simultaneously from differing angles and the sbs 3d function of the tv then renders both of them full screen at the same time with each eye seeing only either the left or right image.. Which in turn produces the illusion of depth... Give xbmc a go you won't regret it.. Also are you playing the files windowed in vlc if so take them to true full screen..
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  9. donkeykong

donkeykong Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thought there was a new firmware, but it isn't the right one :(
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  10. apawiper

apawiper Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We have received a 47LW450 (47LW4500 in Spain) this Christmas and I haven't see any important problem. Sound is good, HD tuner is very sensitive, freetuner quality is really good even in SD, media player is great to play downloaded 3D mkv files (no DTS compatibility but AC3 is enough for me, and no reproduction compatibility problem found, just check that the file has no compression in the header, using software mkvmerge to solve in case of compression), 3d is awesome with cheap glasses, soccer matches don't show any problem, gaming has noticeable lag but it's solved labeling the input to PC, no banding, no ghosting, no audio/video delay...

But of course, the screen is not perfect. The uniformity, as with most panels, is not perfect. But you can only notice (bad uniformity or blooming) for example on the rolling credits of a film (white fonts scrolling in the middle of the black screen) or when a title is shown in a black background, because near black zones are brighter than the black supposed to be. It's more noticeable with the Local Dimming at ON, but It's better to have a low Backlight and the Local Dimming ON rather than puting it OFF. If you put it OFF, you are just using an LCD TV, and the blacks are really poor, although there is no blooming (the poorness is uniform). So put it ON please.

With 3 weeks playing with the Tv, I would really recommend it to anyone. My family is really impressed, and we are a big family (films, 3d, gaming, tuner... all is great). Each one that seats in the living room to watch any content (specially 3D) get stunned. For me, for this prize, this set is unbeatable. We are really happy with it and we hope that it lasts for longer.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  11. gilburton

gilburton Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I get the message tv will switch off in 5 minutes. Press any button to cancel (or something like that) I think it's something to do with an eco setting and only happens after a few hours but if you happen to be doing something else or the remote is not immediately available it can be annoying. Can this be switched off as I can't seem to find anything about it in the manual??
  12. loganbiffy

loganbiffy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi mate. Hit the Home button and go into the Time section. Then scroll to automatic standby. You can turn it off there. :)
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. andy2322

andy2322 Member

Ratings:
    +220
    is there any update coming for this tv?
  14. AGWW

AGWW Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just before Christmas I was looking to buy a new TV and liked the passive 3D sets more than the active ones.

Visited the LG UK website and saw a competition to win an LG LW450U.

So I did the 3 on-line games and filled in the reason why I wanted an LG FPR 3D TV and on Monday I got an email saying I had won :clap:

I'm really chuffed because despite a lot of complaining on this thread I still think it a good TV, especially for FREE :cool:

My kids think I'm a hero and my other half is as pleased as she ever gets about home cinema, games consoles and PCs etc :rolleyes:

I had confirmation that it will be delivered next week...I can't wait :D

Now I can spend the money I had put in my gadget fund (wife proofed!) on something else...
  15. andyr300

andyr300 Member

Ratings:
    +102
    result!
  16. AGWW

AGWW Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Andyr300 :smashin:

Got any good ideas about what to spend my cash on?
  17. andyr300

andyr300 Member

Ratings:
    +102
    AV Receiver and 5.1 speakers?

Should come in around the same amount as the TV would have (depending on the size of screen you are getting?)
  18. stevo_gti

stevo_gti Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Wow well done AGWW!

And I agree with getting a 3D receiver and 3D blu ray player with the spare cash
  19. AGWW

AGWW Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The prize is for a 47" one, this is great as it will be replacing my old Sammy 46" LE46N8 which must be 5 years old now.

I have a reasonable AV receiver and speaker set; Denon AVR-1911 and Kef Eggs (7 of them) and Kef sub.

What would recommend as a good 3D Blu-Ray to replace my old/cheap Sony one?

Are the LG ones any good? (don't need internet connectivity as I have HTPC for that)

I have looked at the reviews of the Panny's and they seem to be the critics favorites.

Also any advice about a good centre speaker, the Kef Egg centre is not that great?
  20. stevo_gti

stevo_gti Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I only have an LG BD660 3D blu ray player that was thrown in when I bought the tv. It does the job for me and has Internet connection, can be had for £99 from richer sounds
  21. gilburton

gilburton Member

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks loganbiffy,sorted:clap:
  22. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,149
    Discussion continued here!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.