1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official LG LM960V Smart Cinema 3D TV Thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Member 300569, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrb1972

Mrb1972 Active Member

Ratings:
    +278
    If you mean d7000 led then don't bother, not great tv's
  2. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Yea, but surly the same argument applies? It can be up to 3000 miles to transport to north America but only bout 900 miles to the uk from Poland. And as the pound is weak then technically these should be priceed no higher than the states as it's cheaper to get them from the plant to here that it is from the us plant to the north Americas. Plus the components in Europe will be cheap if imported from Korea (which no doubt thy are)

All I was saying was, they can't say it's going to be higher prices in the uk due to logistics as technically it will be cheaper to move stock to the uk than around the states...

Anyway, it's a pointless discussion, what I'd be better of saying is, if they price this tv higher than a direct $£ comparison, I'm off to :) as I'm missing my tv loads and will only wait for the girl... And if she (LG) ain't the one, then I've got some wild techno oats to sow :smashin:
  3. elhefepunk

elhefepunk Member

Ratings:
    +56
    I spent a while in richer sounds where they had a d7000 setup next to a lw550 both playing the same bluray and the the difference in quality was huge, there was so many areas of detail and texture i could pick out on the d7000 which just looked washed out an blurred on the lw550.. not to mention the clarity of the 3d! my only concern is i just don't know how well i'd be able to live with active 3d as i enjoy sitting for a few hours in the evening playing black ops etc on ps3 when the kids go to bed....:confused:

The zoom function i mean is the one where you can strecth the image up and down and then also move the image up and down without losing any image to either side of the screen, i used this alot to get rid of the black bars on movies and was present on pretty much EVERY lg tv i've owned until the 2011 screens like the lw550 (however the lower models lw450 and lw540 had it??)... It was labelled up as just 'ZOOM', the only one i can see listed for these new models is the cinema zoom which when you zoom in you start to lose the image to the left and right of the screen so by the time you have eliminated the black bars you have also lost about 5 inches of the picture either side of the screen which is not good! This really is a bit of a deal breaker for me and i know alot of people will say that your messing with the aspect of the video blah blah blah but i'd rather strecth the image slightly and fill the entire screen, as tbh watching movies was the reason i bought a big screen tv in the first place!
  4. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    I'm pretty sure that that IS the option I saw but i'll double check on Monday. :thumbsup:

edit: I just remembered I took a picture of the options!! :facepalm:
    Does this help confirm?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  5. elhefepunk

elhefepunk Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks for that, i just hope the production models are the same! I know it may not sound like a big deal but it really is a function i used alot on my previous lg and the one i've got in the bedroom... I think the major issue here is that LG have dangled the carrot in front of us by revealing the new models and we're all now desperate for info, then with all these links to external sources/ suppliers come to light it's very difficult to know what to believe..
  6. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Sure thing, I know what you mean, of course, we'll easily be able to confirm 110% before they are actually available to buy in April. I just thought it might help? :)
  7. Crunchie

Crunchie Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Dave - will your OLED TV (and the 960V for that matter) still have all of these user-adjustable controls: Backlight, Tint, Skin Colour and Dynamic Contrast?
  8. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    I'm not sure about the OLED (tech) but we've always been really proud of the reference level calibration settings on our TV's. We have no reason to want to change that! I'll be able to let you know 100% though as soon as I have the FULL spec sheets! :thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. panman40

panman40 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,148
    Hey Dave, You on overtime mate :eek:;):smashin:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. stevie72

stevie72 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Looking for a bi of advise here Dave . I have owned 4 LW650's in the last 5 months , all have had banding , Dse or clowding . 3 have went back before the 30 day return ! Because of Xmas and work I could not return this one , and to be fair was prob the best one out of the 4 ! Not spent that much time with this one aswell . Spoke to both LG + currys and they say they will repair it , this involves a new screen !! I don't think this is the road to take because it is only 2 month old . They both agreed with me on that but said that's all they can do ! A bought the sl8000 in 2010 and it developed these problems , so it was repaired with a new screen , but came back with bad light bleed so was wrote off + tbe money I got from that went towards this tv !! So u can see why I don't want this tv fixed ! I have already lost out with money and everything else . If it is a manufacture prob , why won't they exchange it or replace it . Can't get my head round it because ot costs between £ 300 + £ 500 for new screen I was told !!! Any advice mate !
  11. elhefepunk

elhefepunk Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Like you i missed out on the 30 day return period with my third lw550 because of xmas etc so i got passed onto LG customer services, they then raised a service call from celestica who are their contracted service engineers who told me that the fault cannot be fixed so there was no point in them sending someone out as they have already tried replacing screens etc... the tv has now been written off by lg after celestica reported back to them!
  12. stevie72

stevie72 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Did u agree for a repair + this is what they said ?
  13. elhefepunk

elhefepunk Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Yes it was a repair i asked for as this tv had no input lag and very good backlight uniformity... Unfortunately the repair engineer said he had been to many of these tv's and replaced screens, boards and other components and not fixed the fault so he said that there was no point anyone coming out as the fault cannot be fixed... it was a week later i received the letter saying the tv was beyond economical repair!
  14. stevie72

stevie72 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Where abouts are you , I am in Scotland .don't no if its tbe same firm that fix the tv ! Have you had a full refund , and what happens with the tv ?
  15. elhefepunk

elhefepunk Member

Ratings:
    +56
    I'm down in sunny cornwall lol... I've got a letter from lg giving me 3 months to return the tv to the retailer for a full refund! After speaking to richer sounds they have agreed that i keep the tv in the mean time until nearer when the new models are released and then do a direct replacement, they will pick up the old tv when the new one is delivered...
  16. stevie72

stevie72 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    That's good of them to do that , al try speaking to them tomorrow about it . Think its another company up here that deals with repairs called STS . They tried to fix my sl8000 last year wich was wrote off !! LOL
  17. hilljd00

hilljd00 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Any updates on this TV today?
  18. stevie72

stevie72 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Dose not look as if LG Dave is going to comment on my problem !!!
  19. stevie72

stevie72 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Don't think LG Dave wants to comment on my problem !!
  20. elhefepunk

elhefepunk Member

Ratings:
    +56
    My lg went back today, just couldnt live with it anymore... Went for the samsung d7000 and it is stunning, SD, HD and 3d are all amazing!
  21. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Sorry, I'm not really able to comment on individual service comments, unfortunately I don't work in that area. Sorry to hear that you (and anyone else!) has had a bad experience with our customer services and/or our products. :(
  22. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    It is a shame that so many have had problems, but surly you could point him in the right direction dave. Richer sounds are on these forums, and in all fairness to them, the guy actually emailed me privetly because he happened to read one of my posts complaining about customer service.

He then got some one to call me, they then sorted out my issues. That is customer service, I didn't even complain to him personally/directly, I didn't know he even existed, he saw my post and contacted me then pointed his customer service team in my direction. My issue was resolved. I posted how outstanding my after sales experience was, others read the lositive comments, and RS got great a lot of great replies and posts about the incredible level of service.

You've already lost a few customers on here, elf has just jumped ship because of his experience, due to lack of info we are off to the shops at the weekend and we may jump ship too.

You have a LW550 thread that is 8parts long :eek: and has been moved 8 (about to be 9) times by admin due to its size! This however is not a positive thing, it's a thread based on disgruntled customers posting images of faulty LG tvs... Detailed descriptions of how they have been left out of pocket by LG and glowing reviews of the tvs they have purchased in its place.

I know you try your best dave, but you must be able to do more? Otherwise your gonna find yourself working for a company that is like a cowboy builder! Im actually surprised that LG haven't yet been contacted to appear on watchdog.

I really want to believe that LG won't screw up again this year, but I am loosing faith also... How many unregistered users are reading these posts and thinking "that's seems like a mine field, I'd rather buy something else".

Point the guy in the right direction, you don't need to get involved but pass it up the chain if you need to. You must know a supervisor or manager in CS, so look after the guy that paid £1200 for a 55LW550T and get his problem sorted.

Also, post some prices dave, you must have access to tht data, you work for their marketing department... Otherwise I too will probably jump ship as LGs name is progressively getting worse online (just google yourselfs) and Im loosing fath in investing in your products.

Cut us a break...

Ps as usual, this was not a dig, I just find myself sighing at how little empathy LG show about our problems, yet gloat about how much profit they made from us this quarter :thumbsdow that's not good...not good at all...
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  23. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    If people 'land' on this section of the forum before calling us I ALWAYS ensure that I pass them to customer services (if the issue is a fault or something that I personally can't help with, i.e. a question that starts "Can you tell me about the Aspect Ratio on the new TV's" is a question that I am far more qualified to answer than our CS team perhaps.... in the same way if a customer has a fault with the TV then the relationship HAS to be purely with either the retailer where they have purchased the product OR with our CS team.)

Unfortunately I am not able to simply 'jump the queue' or perhaps decide the importance of a claim/customer, (every one of our customers are equally as important to us! People would get very upset if they were somehow 'ranked' by the amount of money they spent on a product!?) that is what we have a whole CS team, supervisors, managers and Directors for that kind of discussion...

If anyone is not happy with the Product OR customer service they have received then we strongly recommend that this is made clear when discussing the issue with the team who will then escalate the call if they are unable to resolve the issue themselves.

In regards to the lack of info, I DO understand your frustrations, I haven't seen much/any info on 2012 models from any other manufacturer yet either which just means that our retailers may need a little more time to decide what they are taking, volumes, pricing etc... we are in the same boat as everyone else... If the major retailers will be stocking the products are THEY not willing to tell you the price of one of our models? afterall it will be THEM that you guys purchase from? As we don't sell directly to the customer different retail law applies to us in regards to announcing/suggesting/pricing (RRP/MSRP etc..). There has been instances in the past where certain manufacturers didn't provide pricing info until 1 week before the product was physically available in the UK!.... I'll try as hard as I can (personally) to get as much info to you all as soon as possible. Apologies.
  24. immyh

immyh Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I personally think Dave is doing a great job. the fact that he on this forum running it shows that LG do want to listen and respond. This forum is open and anyone can say anything and yet Dave still tries to answer what he can leaving himself open to anything even abuse. So i think personally its brave of LG and him and its a lot more than most companies are doing.

At least we have somewhere to discuss our problems and issues directly and maybe even have some influence. So its a thank you from me.

P.S would love more pictures from the new models like the option one above.
  25. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Thanks, I appreciate your comment. we DO want to get insight from our customers and even if you don't see an immediate effect you can rest assured that your suggestions ARE indeed forwarded to the relevant powers! i'll try and sneak a few more up when I get chance. ;)
  26. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    From another thread...

Edit here is the post as the links didn't copy over:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/16380459-post33.html

In the review negatives include price too high compared with competition, smearing, unsharp image, judder, reflections, soap opera effect etc...
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  27. Crunchie

Crunchie Member

Ratings:
    +105
  28. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Yea, I think LG is beginning to remind me of the "just like a golf" adverts. Why buy one that's just like a golf, when you can buy a golf.

If they are charging Samsung prices for their tvs they have to be the same Quality. I can get a 55" d7000 (5*) award winning tv with glowing user reviews, glowing critic reviews and less faults than any LG tv, With a 5 year warranty for apx £1300 (from my dealer) that's about £400 less than LGs entry level 2012 3d tvs (if prices etc are correct) what on earth are they thinking :blush:

Entry level LG tvs, More expense than samsungs mid/high end? Really LG?

Anyway, review like this don't fill me with confidence, I think the guy on here who said the 2012 models will be the 2011 version in disguse may have been on to something, as the first review confirms the faults we were despised in 2011 are confirmed again for 2012 (yet they want more money from us for the privilege, go figure) :facepalm:
  29. ipabzi

ipabzi Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Im looking at a possibility of purchasing the D7000 and although it does look like a great tv(I am worried about the active tech though) look over at the official thread and you will see everybody complaining about light bleed and banding so I think these problems are present in all super slim TVs and it's not just LG's
  30. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Yea I've been in the thread and the offical forums too. The thing is, the complaints are not even close to the scale of the LG faults both in terms of ferocity and/or volume.

Every tv will have a it's flaws, but in 2011 the "minority" weren't those who got a duff tv, the "minority" were LG owners who got a fault free tv.

Samsungs threads are less than half the size and half severe... That says a lot to me.

I'm testing one tomorrow so I'll report back and let you know my findings :smashin:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.