1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official LG LM960V Smart Cinema 3D TV Thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Member 300569, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    hahaha! :rotfl:
  2. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Cheers elf :smashin:
    We'll need that for later :blush:

Higher prices than expected, but at least it gives me some knowledge, I was aiming for £2200 for a 55lm960v so I'll hold onto my "el freebie" until they hit £2200 :smashin:

Also, just looked at the spec sheet again, the 760T and 860V look identicle? What's the difference between them Davie-pie x

Also, this is exactly the price I quoted a few weeks back that was given to me by my retailer, he did say that he's not stocking them this year, as he was stuck with a lot of bad stock from 2011 and will/would only stock LG on a sale or return basis... but again he called it as it appears you guys don't do that model, you sell em and run.. Hence the "their" in your previous post :)

At least I know, that after shopping with the guy for 8 years he still doesn't bullpoopy me :)
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  3. darnun

darnun Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Speccy, the only difference I can see, between the 760T and 860V is the column on the right use before the THX column but I have no idea how relevant that is. Also, from looking at the pics on Flickr, I think the stands are very different too between T and V models????

Also, your love for dave is so obvious, and he has done so much to get the prices out, that I think you should ditch the durex and go bareback LOL
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  4. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I echo that sentiment... Dave, is this ok with you :thumbsup:
  5. elhefepunk

elhefepunk Member

Ratings:
    +56
    I think you've scared dave off with your very forward approach and to be fair you are kinda smothering him now, maybe you should go back to the treat them mean keep them keen attitude and you guys will soon be making sweet (out of sync) music once again... lol :thumbsup:
  6. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    lol :) and no matter how much tinkering we do, well never quite get it "just right" :(

Your right, he's useless.. What's the point of him any way...

Told the wife the prices today and she laughed.. Then she said Dave was pointless as he never offerend us any discount after all the **** we went through with LG.

So looks like we're waiting for the priced to drop and sticking with our free tv for the time being.

I'll still follow the threads though for when you guys buy one and see how they perform :)
  7. Crunchie

Crunchie Member

Ratings:
    +105
    All I hope is that Currys, PC World, Apollo 2000, Euronics, House Of Fraser, Comet, etc, have the 960V on display this spring so I can compare it with other new models out on the shop floor and make the right decision to purchase based on actual performance and price, and not solely on a review like with the doomed 980T.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Outfoxed Ya

Outfoxed Ya Member

Ratings:
    +276
    Totally agree with you Crunchie surely you MUST have your best sets on display in stores if you don't want to repeat the 980 fiasco? Sure LG had a roadshow going round various city's in the UK but if someone's seriously considering buying one they need to be able to compare it against the opposition to make sure their investments a good un. Still loving my 980 btw :thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. meyerovb

meyerovb Member

Ratings:
    +6
    http://edinw.com/Spec_Sheets/LG_LM7600_SPEC.PDF
    http://edinw.com/Spec_Sheets/LG_LM8600_SPEC.PDF
    http://www.edinw.com/CUST_Portal/results.aspx?pKey=818&pType=C

Dual core cpu, voice remote, resolution upscaler PLUS, mhl

Not worth it for me, neither was the 240hz, I just stuck with the 6700, lowest end available in the USA with cinema screen design.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    i'm still here.... just hiding behind the sofa from ZXSpeccy.... :eek:

p.s. the difference is, design, slightly better upscaling processing and voice command remote control! :smashin:

ooops, didn't read meyerovbs post first!.... grrrrrrr!! what is the POINT of me!!?
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  11. darnun

darnun Member

Ratings:
    +47
    OK I wanna ask a question.
    Can I ask people genuinely what the difference is between me buying an LCD (interested in the LM760T or 860T) and the plasmas. I mean I can buy the top of the range plasma for about the 760T.
    What is actually better about the LCD?

I currently own a plasma, albeit a 5 year old one and the colours are still fantastic on it and the blacks are divine.
    Based on that, I would imagine that the 60" plasma, coming out, would be even better.

So what are the pros and cons.? Is it down to the 3D better clearer and crisper on a LCD?
    Why the big price difference?????
  12. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    :rotfl: :smashin:
  13. Crunchie

Crunchie Member

Ratings:
    +105
    I look forward to a comparison review of the 960V with Sammy's ES8000 (in regard to clarity and motion handling of SD & HD material - 3D is not all that important to me).
  14. darnun

darnun Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Can anyone answer my question above please?
  15. Crunchie

Crunchie Member

Ratings:
    +105
    darnum - I moved from two Panasonic plasmas to an LG LED a few months ago. To my eyes, the LED has deeper, more natural colours, a brighter picture and a much sharper one. The screen is also much less reflective than the glass plasmas, but, on lesser resolution pictures, the motion can be slightly juddery and blurry. The plasma pictures were smoother with motion but the colours were dull. The main disadvantage of plasmas is image retention and screen burn-in which manifested itself with the "Sky News" logo being permanently burned into the screen only a few months after having the TV. No such problems with the LED TV so far.
  16. darnun

darnun Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Thanks Crunchie. I have a plasma currently and have never suffered permanent screen burn, although the sky thing did annoy me at the beginning.

I am just trying to weigh up the cost of their new top spec plasma. It's basically the same price as the 760T LED, which is not top spec LED at all. Wondering if the Plasma is just plain crap compared, hence the price difference or the only issue is down to what's cooler to have. Is the Plasma going to be as good but just not as cool as the LED or is the difference noticeable enough to spend the money on the LED, even though it's only 47" compared the 60" plasma????
  17. ipabzi

ipabzi Member

Ratings:
    +13
    It's worth noting that only LED/LCD can offer passive 3D. Plasma can only do active
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Crunchie

Crunchie Member

Ratings:
    +105
    All I would suggest is find a retailer that has both sets on display and take a DVD or DVDR with you of some material that you're familiar with and see which you prefer. Take your time and have a good tweak with the settings of both models. Just make sure that the retailer allows you to exchange/return the set if it's not to your liking when you watch it at home.

Also check out the various online reviews of these new sets to see how they perform for the experts.
  19. darnun

darnun Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Well if Plasma can only do active then that is my question answered really. It's passive I have to go with in the first instance.
  20. darnun

darnun Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Dave where have the prices gone. That link just takes me to the link to the range comparison sheet and your new TV ad page.?????
  21. GerardH

GerardH Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Dave (probably) has deleted some posts where the prices where mentioned. So this means he probably shouldn't have posted these :devil:
  22. darnun

darnun Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Have to say, this thread has gone ultra quiet all of a sudden, with no response from Dave.????
    Has he been sacked? I bloody hope not.
  23. elhefepunk

elhefepunk Member

Ratings:
    +56
    all the new lg threads have pretty much died of death, not really a great sign when these are supposed to be hitting the shelves in under a month!
  24. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    And that handsome, shiney headed, Dave character removed all those prices he posted?

Does this mean they are/were deemed to low to post?
    If they were 'too high, as a marketing guy, I'd say they leave them up and show customers how aggresive we have been at reducing them for launch.. You can't do that the other way round.

I've got a feeling were gonna see higher prices.

I'll ask my retailer if he has any idea. He has an LG rep he deals with and gets a lot of back hander information, he did say that the cost would be between £2700 and £3000 for the LM960v (and nailed it) as dave posted £2900 for tht particular model... But this deletion of posts etc makes me think we're gonna see even higher prices on launch day.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  25. darnun

darnun Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Well if we do see higher prices, then its a LW650T for me. Not gonna **** around with the new models, if they end up being higher than the ones Dave posted. That's just taking the **** really.
    I do feel as though we forced those prices out of Dave, he supplied when he probably wasn't meant to and now it's all gone quiet and they have been removed.
    He did say that he would update everything on March 1st, so we will have to see if that happens.

I went to have another look at a 650T over the weekend and I was still very happy to get that, if push comes to shove.
  26. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Yea,

I won't buy a LW due to issues with their builds. I'll wait a bit longer for prices to drop.

@Dave any news why you removed the price post.

@all of us why the hell didn't e quote him lol :facepalm:

I really do think the prices will be raised, as it makes no sense to remove them if they were too high, as it could be gret marketing to say we expected them to be £2900 and are actually selling them at £2700 but my feeling on this is that the retailers want to set a MSRP of £3400 and then claim a reduction of £400 and sell for £3000.

I'm going down to see Scott today (the guy who gave me info last time tht I posted) and see if he has spoke to his guy at LG ad see what's new.

What will be funny though is if currys etc try to sell these higher than the LG prices we know about lol :)

I checked google cache but could find a post with the prices on :( im kicking my self for not quoting him :facepalm:

All I remember was

55LM960v - £2899.99
    55LM860v - £2299.99

Any one care to fill in the rest :)
  27. darnun

darnun Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Well the 760T was £1499
    860T I think was £1749
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Cheers,

What sizes where they Though? Also was there an 860T as well as an 860V or was tht a typo?
  29. darnun

darnun Member

Ratings:
    +47
    47" they would have been as that's what I am looking at getting.

Not sure on the 860T and V, only know there was definitely a T.
    The difference was the dual core processor etc.
  30. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Hmm..
    I didn't think the T was in the higher range? It doesn't show on LGs blog for the 2012 tange/specs here:
    I think the T range were the cheaper/lower end of the range were they not?

http://www.lgblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/2012-Model-Master-V3.6.pdf

Ok folks,
    So far we have these prices remember from Daves post :D

47LM760T - £1449.99
    47LM860v - £1749.99
    55LM860v - £2299.99
    55LM960v - £2899.99

Anyone else care to add what they remember :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.