Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official LG LD690 LCD Thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Member 300569, Mar 3, 2010.

1. coggs

coggs Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm also running 3.20.89 on 32ld690, on website says latest firmware is 03.09.63. Tried that on tv and said current firmware is newer.
    Below latest firmware on lg site is 03.21.62, not sure to try it or not. Anyone else using this ???
  2. Stout Fellow

Stout Fellow Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm using 3.21.62 and it seems okay, I had a few problems with 3.21.61 which was on the website previously, I still have sound problems with 5.1. broadcasts though but I've had that since I got the TV.

You can easily revert to the previous software anyway if you don't like 3.21.62.
  3. Black Hole

Black Hole Member

Ratings:
    +219
    Any noticable benefit?
  4. Stout Fellow

Stout Fellow Member

Ratings:
    +11
    One thing I've noticed in that some programmes on BBC1 HD keep rapidly switching between 1080i and 1080p (or at least that's what the info bar says), it was doing it throughout the the movie Severance on Saturday for example, but I don't know if this is a broadcasting or software fault yet.

Haven't noticed any benefits yet.
  5. vikingbones

vikingbones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the 32" version of this TV for a while now. It's OK but I'd probably opt for another manufacturer if I was about to get a new one.

The main problem I have with it is it's ability to play some video from an external HD.

Some MKV files it will play others it won't. The same goes for some avi files.

Has anyone discovered a workaround for this. I'd be extremely grateful to learn about it.

Cheers
  6. Fireflye

Fireflye Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've got the 790 and yes it's picky about what files it will play either by external HD or DLNA. Shortly after I got the 790 I bought an LG HB405su home theatre and it plays anything I throw at it including DTS audio and full 1080p MKVs. Bit odd really as the HB405 came out over a year before the 690/790.

I suppose the only option is to find a format that your TV likes and re-encode your files. There should be plenty of info on how to do it if you do a search.
  7. Black Hole

Black Hole Member

Ratings:
    +219
    The LD690 range was pretty budget.
  8. risheet_03

risheet_03 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Wonder if anyone can help...

Thought I'd make use of the USB slots this weekend and watch some movies, connected optical cable from tv to my amp (sony dav-dz260)...

Anyway seems I'm getting some form of 5.1 passed-through the tv but my amp isn't displaying DD for dolby digital as it usually would.

Any ideas?