Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Modern Warfare 3 Moaning Thread (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PS3 Call of Duty (COD) Forum' started by uzer, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conrod129

conrod129 Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Anyone...?
  2. uzer

uzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +907
    Nothing that I am aware of. Just how many kills (or points) you have to earn to get it.

Assault is 3
    Support is 4

I'm also assuming that 3 UAVs that came from any killstreak package still add up to an advanced UAV
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. SlinkDaddy

SlinkDaddy Active Member

Ratings:
    +302
    I disagree. Having read the last page or so I can't be bothered to argue about it to be honest. I'm not sure my fingers could take it...
  4. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,416
    I agree cloyster. I played today cuz I got 35 invites from fps pro otherwise I was going to keep playing a rental I had. Didn't have any desire to play cod and while I was playing it just kept reinforcing how much I don't like the lag in this game.

And is it just me but does it feel like there are more tactical campers in this iteration? People that camp in a spot till they get a kill or two then move to another spot they can ambush you so you are shot in the back when you go to kill them. Or perhaps I'm just unlucky? Lol
  5. PygoShlee

PygoShlee Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Another moan

Where is the 'Mute all the little ***** who shouldn't be playing this game' button?
  6. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk Active Member

Ratings:
    +325
    Hundreds of campers in free for all, there's the insertion idiots, the dumb campers who stay in the exact same place so you just go back and kill them as they haven't moved, then you have the campers with a brain cell who kill you from a corner then stay in the same room but move to a different corner to hide then you have the patrollers who just take the high ground and play defensive covering a patch of turf.

Really I can't play FFA anymore, when it used to be my fav game mode it's a bit broken here, it's full of campers, maps are too tight for FFA which makes it hectic as hell (I'm not good enough to survive when it's like that?) and means I get shot in the back constantly but worse of all is the evil spawns, I love getting killed by the same bloke three times in a row because I end up spawning a hundred metres away from where I died in the direction my killer was running when he shot me.
  7. Dan684

Dan684 Active Member

Ratings:
    +298
    3 games tonight and 3 disconnections :suicide:
  8. mark74uk

mark74uk Active Member

Ratings:
    +816
    I was enjoying FFA actually, however its started to grate on me. As you say campers everywhere, so so frustrating when you are trying to play the game as it was designed. If everyone sat in a corner the whole game, christ it would be soooo boring.
  9. willywinker

willywinker Active Member

Ratings:
    +257
    FFA is a sad state of affairs nowadays most definitely for all the reasons mentioned above.
  10. Clarky5000

Clarky5000 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89
    :)

Anth really likes FFA
  11. kchain

kchain Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Not sure the patch has done anything for the lag compensation either.

Playing FFA on Underground last night went 15-0 up in about 2 minutes (I literally couldn't be killed even when it was obvious they'd seen me first), then the host obviously rage quit and for the next 5 minutes I lost every single 1v1 before I rage quit too.

I just want an evenly balanced game where you know that skill and speed are the deciding factors, not who's got the best/worst connection.
  12. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,416
    Me too kchain
  13. StevePSIV

StevePSIV Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,134
    Been having a lot of games recently where it just doesn't feel right.

I generally know how long it takes to kill people with certain guns, but I'm havig games now where people aren't dying as soon as they should be. Getting to the point now where I can't be bothered with the game anymore.
  14. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,416
    Same askew. I wasn't going to play yesterday but I got invited numerous times to. Good games btw. Lockdown can suck on my left nut tho.
  15. FadgewackeR

FadgewackeR Active Member

Ratings:
    +356
    Catching up on this thread has given me a migraine...
  16. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +351
    402 has been busy on his Twitter feed last night... One particular comment is interesting where someone wrote:

"I love your game, but its frustrating to deal with the lag comp. Yesterday i was half a clip behind the enemy, not much fun
    ".

And his reply was "Don't worry, this will be a thing of the past soon"

So not only are IW acknowledging the problem, they claim they are going to fix it.. FIngers crossed.....

Jon
  17. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,416
    /all ten fingers crossed

First CoD game I've contemplated selling. How soon though because I have no desire to play it until it's fixed and by then I might move onto Skyrim.
  18. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +351
    This is exactly my observation too, but I found it hard to put into words... I too find that on a few rare occasions, I have been on fire.. I can kill anyone and everyone and they didn't seem to have a chance..But it felt dirty as it just seemed too easy to kill them and I knew something was wrong.. But then suddenly just as its going so well, something changes and the entire dynamic changed. I can longer kill anyone and its like everyone has a sixth sense and can dodge my bullets or come out of nowhere.. I didn't suddenly loose my ability. Something changes in the game and I loose out.

Unfortunately for me, the times that I am "on fire" are few and far between.. Generally I am on the relieving end of a whopping which is why I hate the game so much right now!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. uzer

uzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +907
    I just don't understand how this was ever a problem to begin with. What is the thought process of "let's artificially lag people with good internet"?
  20. Sharpy76

Sharpy76 Active Member

Ratings:
    +999

"Yesterday i was half a clip behind the enemy, not much fun"

Exactly how it felt for me last night bar a couple of games:(

I really feel i get punished for having BT Infinity and having a good connection. I consider myself lucky if i go positive on nights like those:rolleyes:
  21. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +351
    I have to agree.. I have been a fan of COD ever since MW and have played it almost every day.. But with MW3 I just can't be bothered. When I decide to have a go, I usually switch it off after a few games deflated and frustrated.

No other COD has made me feel like this and like you I just wonder if its worth it.

Jon
  22. bLiNx32

bLiNx32 Member

Ratings:
    +66
    So the tactic is, kill while you can, when you see the tables turn, go ghost and hide in a bin somewhere until the game ends.

I was getting shot last night, I turned and battered the person shooting me, I felt like nading myself each time to redress the balance.

I agree too that sometimes it feels like one side has all of the power, it's not like a random 6 get god mode, it's one side or the other.

my biggest pain last night was going toe to toe, me with an AK and him with a silenced rifle, and me dying like he'd got a Barratt.
  23. trent steel

trent steel Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    looking forward to seeing how it will play after they have done the fix.. I think:rolleyes:
  24. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +351
    I don't know if this has always been like this, but this is my observation since the 1.06 patch.. Now it seems like one 'team' has the benifit.. YOu only have to look at the score board at the end of the game to see that one side has the kills and the other has the deaths.

For me, the only thing which changed in 1.06 is that now I appear to occasionally (and I mean 1 in 10 games) and up on the 'good' side. Where as before that, I was always on the loosing team.

Jon
  25. Cha1ky

Cha1ky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10,486
    @fourzerotwo
    Robert Bowling
    Finalizing the last set of #MW3 updates before the Holiday break. We plan to get out a Lag Compensation update & introduce Hardcore Ricochet
  26. Masked

Masked Member

Ratings:
    +119
    I've been following 402's tweets ref the lag comp fix. Does anyone here think it's possible for them to change the net code so it's like MW2 i.e host has slight advantage?

I'm hoping it is fed up with having to gank my connection via torrents & streaming when searching for a game
  27. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +351
    Is it possible that we are in this position now, because people are deliberately 'breaking' their networks to gain an advantage?

My fear is that I never (Rarely) get an advantage, yet my internet connection is pretty poor as standard.. And none of what I have read about 'ganking' the connection has worked for me..

So I don't know why some people find that a slow/poor connection gives them an advantage, yet I have never experienced this?

Jon
  28. willywinker

willywinker Active Member

Ratings:
    +257
    I have the bt homehub from 6 or 7 years ago and it does me fine. Not noticed any difference from mw waw blops kz2 to mw3 re unplayable or unfair lag.
  29. Soundburst

Soundburst Active Member

Ratings:
    +958
    A lot of people moan about the spawning in MW3. . .check out my 10 second clip from BF3. You don't know how fortunate you are to have MW3's spawn system! lol

30. Cha1ky

Cha1ky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10,486
    Dont know what your problem is there. Youve obviously spawned into an action area. Happens all the time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.