The Modern Warfare 3 Moaning Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave my copy of this lag ridden joke to a neighbour I don't like. After a night of 3 bar misery I have had it.

I was going to deface the disc and bin it, but to be honest the fact that it will drive him up the wall like it did me it so much more fun.

Goodbye MW, and good riddance.

Anyway... back to the MW3 moaning, has anyone seen any difference since the patch for connection/lag?

Nope,the best connection i can get is 3 bars. Cant understand why,even when in a full lobby of fellow sCudders with 4 bars i constantly on 3 :confused:

Hakagure said:
I gave my copy of this lag ridden joke to a neighbour I don't like. After a night of 3 bar misery I have had it.

I was going to deface the disc and bin it, but to be honest the fact that it will drive him up the wall like it did me it so much more fun.

Goodbye MW, and good riddance.

Hahaha made my day. Runs fine for me.

Last edited:
JDWT88 said:
They are promising 20 pieces of DLC over 9 months so that could be 4 map packs of 5 maps or any combination of maps and equipment. Feel it will be 3 packs of 5 maps and some weapon/camo stuff

I also think they might stick a new game mode or two in the dlc

I had quite the chuckle thinking this morning that COD can no longer claim to being the "most played" game.

2011s champ...is...Skyrim. :smashin:

In fact, COD wasn't on any of the "most" lists except shooter (obviously). Granted they didn't have "most lag" "most frusterating" "most annoying brat little kids screaming into their mics".

Some website tracks Xbox usage of games played and all those stats.

Skyrim tooks most played game. I also stand corrected from my OP in that MW3 took most played shooter.

These are hours logged per person playing the game, not total hours as obviously the game that sells the most would win. This is amount of hours that each person averaged each day playing the game. Skyrim averaged like 2.93 hours per day played by each person. While MW3 was like 2.12.

I really don't get what this stat is meant to mean or what point it is supposed to make? People on average play an RPG more hours a day than they do a pick up and play arcade shooter:eek:! Wow I must say I'm shocked....

You will be telling us next that Warcraft gets more hours play than minesweeper:boring:.

Last edited:
I guess it'd also pain you (and maybe need explanation) that Black Ops average playtime per person was higher then MW3.

WOW I'M SHOCKED!:rolleyes:

I guess it'd also pain you (and maybe need explanation) that Black Ops average playtime per person was higher then MW3.

WOW I'M SHOCKED!:rolleyes:

I'm not really bothered to be honest, I didn't like Black Ops very much and I do like MW3. I don't need any kind of stat to tell me what I like as I'm sure you don't either. If you prefer BO then great, people like different things and have different tastes. But championing meaningless stats is kinda pointless all the same. I don't know what it really is meant to mean anyway. If it's getting played at an average of over 2 hours a day, it still seems an awful lot.

Does it prove BO or Skyrim is a better or more popular game? No it doesn't, not that it matters they could easily be better games for lots of people. I don't think BO had the COD franchises biggest competitor BF released just a few days before it's release did it? It's pretty obvious that this will have affected the stat that you have brought up.

If you take some kind of pleasure in the stat "chuckling" to yourself at it. Great:smashin:. But for me the stat is meaningless none the less.

Last edited:
I really don't get what this stat is meant to mean or what point it is supposed to make? People on average play an RPG more hours a day than they do a pick up and play arcade shooter:eek:! Wow I must say I'm shocked....

You will be telling us next that Warcraft gets more hours play than minesweeper:boring:.

I thought it was pretty simple really, I took it to mean that he was illustrating that people are enjoying Skyrim more than MW3 because they are playing Skyrim more than they are playing MW3. Holds true for me, mw3 an hour a day, Skyrim lots of times throughout the day.

What did you take it to mean then?.

Also why would MW3 being an 'arcade shooter' (do they really have any shooters like this in an arcade?) mean the average playtime would be less, if it's so pick and play then surely its something you could do multiple times a day all adding to your total gaming time?.

I don't know about you but by the time I've faffed about logging on, fiddling with my classes, struggling to join friends games then searching for games then sitting in lobby or joining a game near the end only to be back in the lobby again it sure doesn't feel like a pick up and play game to me, minimum amount of time I would play for is an hour, if I've only got half hour then I wouldn't bother switching it on.

I do think it's an impressive stat as the COD community are well known for being totally addicted to their franchise.

This stat itself is not meaningless it tells me that a lot of people are enjoying Skyrim. What is more pointless is comparing it to the wrong game, now if you replaced MW3 with Oblivion then it would be a more impressive stat.

I thought it was pretty simple really, I took it to mean that he was illustrating that people are enjoying Skyrim more than MW3 because they are playing Skyrim more than they are playing MW3. Holds true for me, mw3 an hour a day, Skyrim lots of times throughout the day.

What did you take it to mean then?.

Also why would MW3 being an 'arcade shooter' (do they really have any shooters like this in an arcade?) mean the average playtime would be less, if it's so pick and play then surely its something you could do multiple times a day all adding to your total gaming time?.

I don't know about you but by the time I've faffed about logging on, fiddling with my classes, struggling to join friends games then searching for games then sitting in lobby or joining a game near the end only to be back in the lobby again it sure doesn't feel like a pick up and play game to me, minimum amount of time I would play for is an hour, if I've only got half hour then I wouldn't bother switching it on.

All good cos it's your opinion:smashin:. But comparing the average play time of an RPG to an FPS is not gonna wash for me personally (my opinion). You can put COD and play a game for 10 mins and then switch off if you want. You can play for a short period and get your COD fix. RPG games don't tend to have the quick fix "stick it on for half an hour while my Mrs watches Corrie" playability. It is arcade like in it's playibility and as you well know saying something is an arcade shooter is a means of descibing the game, it's not saying you can go down to your local arcade and play it for 50p.

When you also add that lots of people have bought both BF3 and MW3 and it has split the COD loyalties a little then this goes some way to offsetting the usefulness of the stat for me. If Skyrim had a direct competitor released roughly at the same time that offered something different but was of a similar quality then it's average play time would be lower too would it not? Not that it matters if Skyrim is better for you then top banana! I intend to pick it up at some point down the line when I'm bored of MW3.

So for me the stat is meaningless. Compariable to saying the LOTR series on Blu-ray can't be any good cos it takes much longer to read the books...

Last edited:
Ill sum this conversation up:

Cod 4 = immense
World at war = decent
MW2 = really good
Blops = bucket of *****
MW3 = good

Skyrim = why the **** is it even in this thread being talked about?

That is all folks. Mon e arsenal.

Cod 4 = immense
World at war = mmm poor
MW2 = good
Blops = best treyarch game to date, average
MW3 = very good

I prefer MW3 over MW2 personally. I think the pace and balance of the game is better. The support package and some of the perks make the air support not as critical which kinda spoiled MW2 a little for me.

yep i think MW3 is better than MW2. Just a shame they have been a bit lazy. For sure they have put right all the bits in MW2 that ruined it, but it is so simalar that in the long run i'm not sure MW3 will have the staying power MW2 and cod4 had. Time will tell.

Cod 4 = immense
World at war = mmm poor
MW2 = good
Blops = best treyarch game to date, average
MW3 = very good

I prefer MW3 over MW2 personally. I think the pace and balance of the game is better. The support package and some of the perks make the air support not as critical which kinda spoiled MW2 a little for me.

WOW its like you crawled into my mind, 100% agree with this

I'm confused. . . people on average are spending more time per person playing a story driven RPG than a pick up and play online shooter?

Well that is a real shocker. :O

The people who buy Skyrim are the type who enjoy spending days on a single game's story.

This is as surprising as saying that the sun blinds you if you stare at it.

I think that people played BO on average longer then they are playing MW3 speaks numbers. By almost an hour.

Where is this stat?

Which platform is it?

Is it an average of the amount of games sold (higher for MW3) vs BO? divided by some random number?

Is it determined via 3 weeks after launch vs 3 weeks after launch (i.e. same period of time?)

Link to it please.

Not a moan but a question :)

What is the difference between an assault uav and a support uav ?

That is all, thank you :)

Soundburst said:
Where is this stat?

Which platform is it?

Is it an average of the amount of games sold (higher for MW3) vs BO? divided by some random number?

Is it determined via 3 weeks after launch vs 3 weeks after launch (i.e. same period of time?)

Link to it please.

Its on xbox, which admittedly isn't PS3 but anyone who is going to argue its significantly different on xbox then PS3 should have their head looked at. And I'm on my phone so feel free to google. I will get links at my conveinience.

Oh so it's on one platform out of three and it's still a random stat with no official word?

Does xbox live know the exact minute that people have spent in games on each title? And it publishes those as a factual press release? :S

I know for the first 6 months I had black ops I spent 3 hours in lobbies for 10 mins of playtime :D

I also assume that only those who play some actual games count towards the stats (i.e its not those you log in.....register their copy as being "online" by having a browse around the classes and then quit) and those that don't play online at all don't count?

I think that people played BO on average longer then they are playing MW3 speaks numbers. By almost an hour.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/call-duty-cod-ps3/1547183-do-you-prefer-black-ops-mw3.html

We could all trawl the net looking for stats to make one game look better than the others. I'm sure somewhere there is a stat that would make WaW look like the best game by far.

You can find stats to make any arguement you want if you just pick the one that suits you (and then don't even provide a link).

Is this the link.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57340283-17/skyrim-beats-out-modern-warfare-3-as-most-played-game/

The average gamer played Skyrim for 23 hours in its first week on store shelves and averaged three hours of playtime per sitting, making it the most-played game this year, according to data complied by gaming network Raptr. The game was also the most-played role-playing game this year, beating out Dragon Age 2 with six times more playtime.

Raptr tracks user activity on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Users can find out what their friends are up to on those platforms and chat with them through the service. Raptr also includes Facebook and Twitter integration, as well as support for several instant-messaging platforms.
Skyrim's achievement is quite impressive if one considers that it only launched last month. However, unlike many of the top games this year, Skyrim is designed to keep people engaged for an inordinate amount of time. Completing the main storyline can take dozens of hours, and the sheer number of side-quests allows users to play the game indefinitely.
Looking beyond Skyrim, Raptr found that Modern Warfare 3 was the most-played shooter on the year, with gamers averaging of 20.45 hours of playtime the first week it was available.

The critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham City was the most-played open-world game and Rockstar's L.A. Noire took top honors among new franchises released this year.

"2011 is turning out to be a boon for gamers, and our awards highlight how gamers are investing the most amount of their precious time playing every day," Raptr CEO Dennis Fong said in a statement.
Raptr's finding were based on the total amount of playtime the network's 10 million users engaged in the first week a game was available; total playtime over its first month of availability; and the average play session during a game's first 30 days on store shelves.

I can't understand anyone that enjoys Black Ops.

It was the epitome of video game diarrhoea. It took six months to work , and when it worked. . .you could still heal people and it was much slower than every other CoD.

it didn't feel like CoD.

Then again, CoD's developed by Treyarch don't. They look the same because Treyarch pillage and plunder the game engine - but in terms of how it plays. bluergh.

In.My.Opinion.

Yes Chalky, that is the company that tracks game stats. Thanks for posting that link. Although somewhere it says that stats for that report were for Xbox only as data was unavailable for PS3.

Soundburst: I personally didn't care for Black Ops, my playtime going down on the yearly installment from 20 days on MW2 to 6 days on Black Ops makes that obvious. But it doesn't mean that Black Ops was a bad game. I'm just not as excited with newer CODs as I was with the old ones.

This is a moan thread, aka trash whatever game its about. I don't get why people are coming in to praise/defend the game. Create a new topic that.

I think there actually was a praise thread for previous games...kind of funny no one has created one for MW3 yet.

Edit: LOL, turns out it was a Black Ops praise thread...expectedly a short topic.

Last edited:
Don't XBOX users need to link Raptr for it to count their stats and playtimes?

EDIT: Your stat comes from Raptr's 10 million users :D

Yes that's ten million out of the 110+million PS3 and 360 owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom