1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Modern Warfare 3 Moaning Thread (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Call of Duty (COD) PS3' started by uzer, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uzer

uzer Active Member

Ratings:
    +879
  2. WolfCarnage77

WolfCarnage77 Member

Ratings:
    +83
    On Wario, only when he pulls host :)

I don't dislike this game. I'm just uninspired by it.
  3. conrod129

conrod129 Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I think that if your little chap hasn't moved for 30 seconds then it should auto walk forwards until you next spawn.
  4. willywinker

willywinker Member

Ratings:
    +257
    What little chap we talking bout willis!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. conrod129

conrod129 Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Who is willis ? confused, I mean the little guy on the tv.
  6. ynneBenny

ynneBenny Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I thought I'd try out the akimbo FMG 9's.........they make me feel dirty. They are so op'd it's laughable. I now see why so many people use them. You just point them roughly in the direction of the enemy, hold it down and within 0.5 seconds they are dead.
  7. AllThatDaz

AllThatDaz Member

Ratings:
    +143
    ^^^ Enjoy them whilst you can...
  8. willywinker

willywinker Member

Ratings:
    +257
    eurghhh... FMG akimbo
  9. Simon Lill

Simon Lill Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I don't claim to have a clue about the technology behind the multiplayer element of the CoD series but can someone explain why I'm always matched up with people of a much higher level in MW3?

I'm not a CoD noob, though I'm far from brilliant, but having enjoyed MW2 and the relatively 'fair' match making that enabled me to get to Prestige Lv1 with some enjoyment, I'm finding the same 'run-in' period (I've only had the game a couple of weeks and get limited game time) much more of a chore as I'm continually pitted up against players with superior classes...and to be fair to them, talent!

Maybe I'm just a bitch, but I would find it more enticing if I felt I would matched up against players of an equal (ish) standing.
  10. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,773
    [​IMG]

Wario is sorely missed here... we would have already been working on Moaning Thread 3 if he were here.

@ Simone: Matchmaking works off ping, not level or skill unfortunately. If it was based on skill and level then everyone would have a 1kd.
  11. Simon Lill

Simon Lill Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for the response. I don't have a great bb connection (3mb at best) as I live in the sticks.

So when you say based on ping do you mean I'm only connecting to those in relative close proximity?

Also, would that explain why I fail to get kills even though it seems to me that I've taken someone clean out?

I never noticed this in MW2 though I lived in a different house, with a different ISP back then, albeit the same village.
  12. Det

Det Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,773
    Theoretically, yes to close proximity (but doesn't always happen)... try to get games where it says <50ms... if it gets any higher than <75 back out and try again.

And yes, lag's a bitch.
  13. Simon Lill

Simon Lill Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Cheers for the advice mate
  14. lee667

lee667 Active Member

Ratings:
    +290
    Was host tonight on a few groundwar games with some of the A2A chaps and i couldn't hit a barn door, doesn't help when most of the opposition are frogs and spaniards with crap connections.
  15. PygoShlee

PygoShlee Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Not sure how but over the last few days my gaming has turned into utter ****. Doing proper crap now, negative in every game.

Not quite sure why.. I havent changed anything.
  16. willywinker

willywinker Member

Ratings:
    +257
    Some of the guys on here have gone back to dial up to try n get a decent cod connection
  17. PygoShlee

PygoShlee Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Just joined a random TDM, our score was 700 the enemies 6800. What the actual ****?

As I joined, a Pave low and Strafe were called in.

Then found someone on the other team 22 - 0.. and a guy on our team 0 - 14. ******s.
  18. FadgewackeR

FadgewackeR Member

Ratings:
    +298
    To be fair, the Frogs and Spaniards probably have much better connections than we do!
  19. trent steel

trent steel Active Member

Ratings:
    +339
    +1 Seems to have gone backwards for me
  20. trent steel

Ratings:
    +339
    Not so sure on the Spanish, how do you come to this conclusion?
  21. FadgewackeR

FadgewackeR Member

Ratings:
    +298
    Because generally, we're behind on infrastructural developments like high speed internet, train networks, motorways etc... compared to other major European countries.

Of course we have areas where all is rosy, but we have huge areas that are sadly lacking.

Shouldn't be the case but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
  22. trent steel

Ratings:
    +339
    Did a little checking to satisfy my curiosity...

Uk average DL speed 589 KBPS
    Spain " " " 394 KBPS

Source http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/pando-media-trumpets-global-download-data/

Spain’s Internet usage has climbed dramatically in recent years. As of January 2007, Spain had over 19,204,000 Internet users, almost 43% of the population (source). As for broadband (cable and ADSL Internet), this is still somewhat lower than the overall EU market average penetration

http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/information/internet_in_spain/

It's all the Spaniards fault :smashin:
  23. bLiNx32

bLiNx32 Member

Ratings:
    +66
    bloody hell, I didn't expect the Spanish inquisition.......
  24. Stuey1

Stuey1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +575
    It shouldn't be the case but unfortunately reality is that the infrastructure needs to be paid for and therefore it needs to be cost effective for the companies installing the infrastucture (Where its not publically funded)

Im willing to bet that the countries you are reffering to have equally as bad problems in rural areas.

The other thing to note with the internet is that alot of the countries that have super-fast internet are relatively newly developed countries (Korea etc)
  25. Tall_Paul

Tall_Paul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition! :D

On-topic - the connection in this game is un****ing believeble at times, shooting someone and taking half a clip to kill them, seeing someone and apparantly putting a lot of bullets into them but seemingly according to the killcam never even firing a shot, or my favourite... getting killed by what seems to be 1-2 bullets, instadeath (and I mean even quicker than normal for MW3) :suicide::suicide:

If you're on a 3-bar connection in this game, forget it. It's not gonna end well. :mad:
  26. lovemovies

lovemovies Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I've moaned a lot about this one, but I finally found a way to give me a good connection more than I have a bad connection. It seems to have held quite stable for days now, which is good.

I now enjoy it far more as I'm now believing the other player killed me fairly due to their faster reactions or better skill. I still die loads due to stupidity, but that is slowly changing now due to map knowledge.

I have to do all of the following to get a good connection in this game.

1) Connect my PS3 wirelessly
    2) Take my PS3 out of the DMZ. This changes my NAT from open to moderate.
    3) Stream a 1080p film on Youtube. I have bookmarked one that is almost 3hrs long that I now use every time.
    4) Upload some popular files via torrents.

The above is being done on a BT Infinity setup with a HomeHub3 router which gives results on speed.io of 38 down, 9 up, and 20ms ping.

If I use wired, DMZ, and switch off all other internet using devices I have no chance what so ever of having a good game. Because every other player has superhuman reactions. Every weapon kills me in one shot no matter what it is or how far away they are. Also lag can be what appears to be a second or more, and it picks me as host almost every time.

I'm glad I have unlimited bandwidth as doing all of the above makes the game enjoyable now.

I do wonder how long it will take me to find the right connection/setup after the next patch though.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  27. lovemovies

lovemovies Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Double post
  28. sympatex

sympatex Member

Ratings:
    +39
    If i have a moderate NAT type i find it difficult to connect to certain people on my friends list. If you're on BT infinity i think Mark has done some looking into the QOS settings and by reducing your uploadspeed you can 'encourage' the game not to pick you as host and it should play better.

I'm amused by the spanish internet thread trent. lol blame the spanish or mostly french its always their fault. sadly it is down to geography. turns out distance kicks your internet connections arse... oh and a sea inbetween.
  29. Simon Lill

Simon Lill Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I'm on the verge of giving up with it!

Whilst I don't have a great download speed, I get a 21/22 ping with 0/1 jitter yet on my wired PS3 I get 60/70 ping with 7/8 jitter.

I've done the whole MW2 disc thing to get an open NAT and still I fail to connect to any game below 100ms.

That I'm on a BT Home Hub 2 can't be helping!

Any tips greatfully received!
  30. mark74uk

mark74uk Active Member

Ratings:
    +808
    The Homehub 2 is terrible for cod. Blops was pretty much unplayable for me until i ditched it and got a Linsky. The HH2 also caused problems with MW2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.