Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that's a pussy shot, Jim. :rolleyes: :devil:

Thank God that you didn't get rid of your TZ! :facepalm: :devil:

;)

No - it's a Cat's Ear Calvin :devil:

..."Soon" ;)

shotokan101 said:
Panasonic LX5 Macro mode is looking good - once you know how to turn it on that is :facepalm:

Jim

How does the macro mode compare to the TZ?

Could you post the same shot of something taken at minimum distance with each camera so we can compare? :smashin: and then maybe one with the macro zoom mode x3 on the TZ and one with the super macro mode on the XZ-1? That would be very interesting, to see the difference in macro distance and also in image quality :)

How does the macro mode compare to the TZ?

Could you post the same shot of something taken at minimum distance with each camera so we can compare? :smashin: and then maybe one with the macro zoom mode x3 on the TZ and one with the super macro mode on the XZ-1? That would be very interesting, to see the difference in macro distance and also in image quality :)

That's the sort of thing I full intend to try out FOB - so I'll probably be adding some shots as I go along :) - but perhaps on a separate thread to compare the images....

...also I don't know how I stripped the EXIF from that shot so will need to sort that out...

Jim

Couple from my iPhone again - I shot some photos similar to this a while back on my TZ8, thought I'd have a go with the iPhone and olloclip to add how they compare. I prefer these iPhone ones I think!

Inner Space by FotoPhace82, on Flickr

Inner Space by FotoPhace82, on Flickr

Mike.P®;16542538 said:
First macro shot for ages.

The Oliver Twist of Flies "Please sir can I have some more"

only a mother could love that face :)

...and I love it as well...

Couple from my iPhone again - I shot some photos similar to this a while back on my TZ8, thought I'd have a go with the iPhone and olloclip to add how they compare. I prefer these iPhone ones I think!

r

I have just got a 4s and the pictures it produces are very impressive.....

Taken with the LX5.

TBH I'm not that impressed with the macro on the camera, I have invested in a filter adapter for it and am going to attach the Raynox to see how much more magnification it gives,

Marmalade Hoverfly by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

Now't wrong with that shot Mike - what's the problem ? - just not "macro enough" ?

What filter adapter did you get BTW ?

It takes brilliant pictures but that's quite a heavy crop ... I need more magnification :D

Mike.P®;16544991 said:
It takes brilliant pictures but that's quite a heavy crop ... I need more magnification :D

LOL - "get closer" :D

Mike.P® said:
Taken with the LX5.

TBH I'm not that impressed with the macro on the camera, I have invested in a filter adapter for it and am going to attach the Raynox to see how much more magnification it gives,

Marmalade Hoverfly by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

That's a lovely shot, quality looks superb, especially being a heavy crop! Very interested to see what it's like with a Raynox attached! I'm guessing you'd be able to use the Raynox with the LX5 lens at full telephoto, so you wouldn't need to be too close to the subject in order to get a nice close macro image?

Mike.P®;16545029 said:

Mike.P®;16545037 said:
That was as close as it gets.

...now you're confusing me - I thought the LX5 macro focusses as close as 1cm ? :confused:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Lovely shots Mike and FOB.

+1

Where did you find a hoverfly?!? argh..

They've burnt down loads of plants in the field at the back of my workplace which was a great source of insects :(

I myself have got myself a new toy i got my Canon 100mm macro yesterday :D

Very nice Rex. You'll get a lot of joy out of using it. :smashin:

I was wondering if i should put a UV filter on the lens or not to bother and if so what are the preferd ones.

It's a debatable one. Some people say that UV filters don't do anything. Others say they do. I actually bought a Hoya 58mm Pro-1 Digital UV filter 2 weeks ago from Amazon for £21.60. I got it initially as protection for my 55-250mm as I was going to take some shots at a local motocross meeting. It's access all areas and there's lots of dirt and stones flying around... and, as a bonus, if there are any UV/helpful properties, then great. I actually swap the filter around on my lenses now, and always put it on my 100mm macro when I take it outdoors.

Funnily enough, the filter wouldn't have helped a few months ago when at a motocross meet ... I was standing taking pictures, when a bike kicked up a 3" stone that whizzed past my head about 2 feet away and smashed through the rear windscreen of a parked car, a further 30 feet away! :eek:

Enjoy the lens. :smashin:

Edit: You can get the above filter a couple of quid cheaper on Amazon from one of their "sellers", but after reading the problems that one of our members on here had with a fake filter recently, I paid the extra and got it from Amazon themselves to make sure that I got a genuine one.

Last edited:
Where did you find a hoverfly?!? argh..

They've burnt down loads of plants in the field at the back of my workplace which was a great source of insects

Don't panic .. I took that last year. :laugh:

I have the same thing, we had loads of bushes and plants round the back of our house, great source of insects. Council came round a few months ago and instead of just trimming them back they hacked everything down to the ground. :(

To late orderd it allready thought better to be safe than sorry paid £26 for mine wasn't sure if they where the same as the cheaper ones, it came today and i put it on, pitty about the rain though :( cheers anyway

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom