1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The LG PZ570 Plasma 3DTV Thread

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Member 300569, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    The LG PZ570 Plasma series provides active 3D in Full HD 1080p quality, with 600Hz Sub Field Driving and built in Freeview HD to provide 5 times better picture quality compared to standard definition freeview. Also built in is LG's brand new Smart TV technology, giving access to thousands of movies, customisable apps, videos and the ability to browse the Web through an easy to navigate interface.

If you own the PZ570, please take our quick survey by clicking <a href="http://www.avforums.com/forums/survey.php?do=take&sid=45" target="_self">here</a>.

[survey=45]180[/survey]

[​IMG]
    PZ570

• Plasma
    • Active 3D
    • THX Certified
    • Full HD 1080p
    • 600Hz Sub-Field Driving
    • Freeview HD
    • Smart TV
    • DivX HD Plus
    • Available in 50&#8221; and 60&#8221;

More information is available here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFCVtcHDX9s&feature=channel
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. Doz007

Doz007 Member

Ratings:
    +75
    I'm looking at buying either the 60" version of this TV or the SamsungPS59D900.

Has anybody got one, what are you impressions on picture quality and black levels?
  3. mjbtin

mjbtin Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Available for preorder dont know of anyone who has one yet probably in the next 2-3 weeks.

Regards Martin
  4. sinfield

sinfield Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I did have a 50PZ250T on order for £791 from very.co.uk, but cancelled it and went for the 50PZ570T for £854 for the THX 3D certification and smart TV :)

According to very.co.uk it's due for delivery on the 20th May but I guess that could quite easily change
  5. zAndy1

zAndy1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,300
    My local Currys have just got the PZ570T in, it was still boxed up so couldn't have a look at it. They also have the PZ550T on display , must say it looked very nice. PZ550T was £999 and advertised as a Smart TV (tut tut), PZ570T was £1099. The chap I spoke to said that the LG 3D glasses were half price (£50) when bought with a TV which didn't sound like a bad deal. Is the only difference between the PZ550T and PZ570T an extra HDMI socket and Smart TV?
  6. Mose

Mose Member

Ratings:
    +149
    FUnnily eough having just seen the PZ550 and PZ570 side by side, they were both had SMART TV point of sale cards attached to them. Sales guy didn't actually know when I questioned why the PZ550 was being advertised as a SMART TV.
  7. sinfield

sinfield Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Looking at the LG website, I thought the difference between the PZ250T and the PZ550T was the THX certification, then the difference between PZ550T and PZ570T was the smart tv. It is possible that currys have it wrong...LG website would be the best point of call but they done have a comparison tool on there
  8. zAndy1

zAndy1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,300
    Did we ever get an answer as to whether whatever was causing the brightness fluctuations on the PX990 hasn't been carried over to this years models i.e. is that issue fixed on this years sets?
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. snooks

snooks Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I am waiting on Richer Sounds giving me a date for the 60PZ570. Pictures and comments when I get it up and running. They have price matched Robert Whyte with the 5 year Guarantee. I cannot wait to get my hands on this.
    Can anyone tell me how to connect headphones to this TV?. Can it be done via the phono inputs?.
  10. George Mead

George Mead Member

Ratings:
    +185
    PZ550T definitely doesnt offer Smart TV - the info on the Dixons site i just checked seemed correct and didnt say it had Smart TV on-board.
  11. George Mead

George Mead Member

Ratings:
    +185
    Hi Andy,

I have very little info on what has happened on this subject - could you PM me in one message so I can forward it onto the factory side to see what response I get? It's something I can't answer without sending onto the R&D team.

Sorry I can't give you the answer you're looking for right now...

George
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Insanity202

Insanity202 Active Member

Ratings:
    +3,867
    George I thought you was on holiday?
    Now get back to drinking cold beers and having a good time :lesson::D;)

Regards

John
  13. George Mead

George Mead Member

Ratings:
    +185
    Thanks John..
    :) Golf tomorrow so wont be on as much. The App on IOS is legendary and makes my life a bit easier to able to get onto the forum.
  14. Insanity202

Insanity202 Active Member

Ratings:
    +3,867
    Where you gone if you dont mind me asking?
    And golf:boring::laugh:. I jest nice relaxing sport though I suck at it. Crazy golf anyday of the week for me. :D
    I guess you have gone to Florida??

I dont get Apps on my phone its too old :laugh:
    Maybe next year I'll get a iphone/iphone like phone.
  15. zAndy1

zAndy1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,300
    No problem, PM sent

Cheers
    Andy
  16. sinfield

sinfield Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'll second that...the iPhone app is class, although it would be nice to display any attached images as I keep having to refer back to the PC to see them.
  17. George Mead

George Mead Member

Ratings:
    +185
    And to be able to give thanks too !
  18. sinfield

sinfield Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh yes...I agree, it is certainly my favourite at the moment, I don't know why my wife hates it ;-)
  19. zAndy1

zAndy1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,300
    Right, do I get this or the 47LW550T? I can't decide someone please help lol!!!! Picture looked nice on this from what I saw in Currys this lunchtime and it's not a bad price at £1099 but there's the cost of extra pairs of glasses to consider and the fact I got badly stung by the PX990 and do I really wanna go through that again....Can only buy from Currys cos it's credit for my C680 I'm getting towards a new TV and there don't seem to be many other options really....
  20. sinfield

sinfield Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I've opted for the 50PZ570T active 3D rather than the LW550T passive cinema range mainly down to the fact that I keep hearing that passive 3D comes with a drop in resolution and you don't get a full HD image to both eyes.

Yes the glasses are cheaper but at the end of the day, if you have to wear glasses you want to have the best image possible surely.

To be fair though this is going to be my first 3D tv and mainly taking the plunge as an upgrade from my old 40 inch 1080p Samsung LE40N87BD
  21. zAndy1

zAndy1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,300
    Currys had the PZ570T on display playing the normal 3D loop, I asked if they had any glasses so I could see how good the 3D was and the chap brought a pair over, switched them on and tried them himself and then passed them to me to try at which point it immediately became apparent they weren't working so I mentioned they must be last years glasses and wouldn't work, cue blank expression and confusion.... Honestly I despair at the way some of these TVs are being displayed and promoted in Currys. George or anyone at LG how about you pay me a half decent wage to go around and make sure these are set up and promoted properly and I bet it would be the best investment you'd make for a long time. What's the point of spending all the money LG spend to get these TVs to the shops and then have them undersold and make to look like crap, it honestly beggars belief :(
  22. zAndy1

zAndy1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,300
    Would someone kindly go buy this today and let me know if it's any good so I can make my decision between this and the LW550T lol! There is so little info around about this you'd think it wasn't even being released :( I need to let Currys know what I'm using my credit for asap but with so little info about on whether this suffers from the same issues the PX990 did like line bleed and brightness fluctuations on 3D stuff it's really difficult to make an informed decision and the instore displays are hopeless. What's putting me off this at the moment is how reflective it might be and reports of the glasses losing sync 2 or 3 times during a movie, also not sure what the blacks are like and what IR is like....do I have to be the guinea pig again? I like the price of this, less money for a bigger screen but of course there's the price of the glasses to factor in and the fact they don't seem to be available anywhere :(
  23. Mose

Mose Member

Ratings:
    +149
    Its frustrating mate I know, I'm on the verge of spending the wife's shopping allowance and there sin't a set to be seen as yet. I'd be opting for the 60PZ950 as 50" has become way too small in my room now, so time to upgrade to something a bit bigger without going down the PJ root. I'm also wanting to take a look at the Sammy 64" as well but they don't seem to exists anywhere.

It'll deffo be a toss up between these two sets though and right at this moment in time I'm edging towards the LG, particularly as it will be a cool £1200 less than the Sammy.
  24. snooks

snooks Member

Ratings:
    +5
    60 inch 570 for me too, but you cant buy one if you cant see any anywhere.
  25. zAndy1

zAndy1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,300
    Well after just watching avatar on my ld920 its passive all the way for me now, wow! Just so easy to watch a film with passive glasses on, LG you've convinced me finally :)
  26. sinfield

sinfield Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The AG-S250 glasses which are required for the PZ570 are RF rather than IR s so they surely shouldn't lose sync unless you go out of the room or the battery runs out.

Active all the way for me I reckon...I don't think passive sets are quite there yet
  27. sunderland

sunderland Member

Ratings:
    +244
    so was it fine watching in passive then andy mate as i cant stand active myself so might move over
  28. panman40

panman40 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,125
    Rather oddly i have read on an american forum that the new RF glasses are loosing sync maybe 3 or 4 times throught a movie, Maybe just theres as there is no feedback from the UK yet:confused:.
  29. zAndy1

zAndy1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,300
    There are reports of the glasses losing sync from owners in the US:-

Amazon.com: LG AGS250 3D active shutter glasses for LG 3D HDTVs: Electronics

'The glasses did lose sync probably 5 or 6 times during Alice in Wonderland and 2 times during Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (watched one each night to make sure we were not straining our eyes.) Luckily the red light flashes and you press the button and you sync right back up. Funny enough, my daughter and I seemed to lose sync at the same time while my husband lost his at different times'

'Okay, I don't notice any buzzing as another review stated, and I have 3 pairs. However it is rather annoying having the glasses lose sync 2-3 times a movie, not a huge deal but I dont understand how they just lose sync suddenly and its not the tv because not all glasses drop it at the same time. You can sync back up in 3 seconds with the push of a button though'

Also reports on avsforum of the same problem

I don't agree passive isn't there yet, quite the opposite I don't think active is there yet..
  30. zAndy1

zAndy1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,300
    Superb mate, no odd feeling I used to get from extended viewing with active glasses, no flickering from the light outside, great picture, no crosstalk whatsoever, loved it :)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1