The LG LM670T Smart Cinema 3D TV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea it is but i think its a missed opportunity for LG to not include dual view for inputs aswell as for multiplier gaming. I would have thought it was a no brainer and may have created a stand out feature for many. Simply putting in side by side or top and bottom pip option would have worked and maybe splitting audio for left and right.

Even if there was no audio for one input it would be enough.

Completly agree with this, was going to hold out for this tv and spend the extra, but think i may as well go and get 2011 model as they are far cheaper and if i swap the lenses round in teh glasses i can have dual view gaming without spending loads on this years model.

After having Samsung's for years I've thrown in the towel afer having nothing but problems. Every set has had power supply issues within 12 to 24 months. So I've been looking at LG and Sony.

What's made me choose LG passive 3D over the active 3D Sony is purely down to how bright the picture is. I suffer from an eye condition called Retinitus Pigmentosa (RP). My night vision is badly affected but my day vision is ok. So when I put any glasses on that make things darker results in me not being able to see things properly.

I had tried only active 3D glasses and even with the sets brightness turned fully up things were just too dark for me. I was a bit gutted as I really wanted a 3D TV. Then when I put on the LG passive glasses I was really pleased to able to see 3D and everything was nice and bright. Ok, I understand the whole "it's not full 1080p viewing with this standard" but I really don't care about that. Being able to see the picture and 3D is more important.

I was going to buy an LG set this month but I'm holding out for the new range as I really like and most importantly, the wife likes these. So I'm hoping I don't have to wait too long for these to arrive.

I just thought I would share that with you becasue because there are a lot of RP sufferers who might stumble on this and discover these sets will benefit them.

Still no confirmed release dates and prices, Im starting to get impatient, come on LG:lease:

The new TV Range will be released from April.

Last edited:
I appreciate that you can't provide full spec details and prices yet, but are you able to provide the dimensions for the 42" LM6700 and the 37" LM6200. Thanks in advance.

I think prices will be comparable to those in America and most likely it will be made in Poland.
LG is in for profit not charity, they will perform market research (they probably already have) and charge whatever they can; regardless.

Only strong competition will bring them to reason!! Except if they agree some price fixing between them or assign one outlet each, to distribute certain models. Like LG did by allowing one outlet to distribute the LW650t.

I would have thought monopoly is illegal under European law!!; or is this another loophole that needs to be closed in a recessionary year??

Last edited:
Which of course ALSO applies to all our competitors too.... ;)

That quote doesn't fill me with confidence dave? It's as if your agreeing with it and therefore validating it.

I agree LG we're sneaky with the "1 model to a specific store" routine as it stopped direct competition and price matching etc for the customer. This year, well see... Ive gone cold now though, I'm not as active in here any more, I think this year LG will try and rinse us dry for what is essentailly old tech before OLED takes and crystal LCD take off at the end of the year and forthcoming years.

Instead of watching our pc monitor and waiting on a vapour ware LM960v we are now sitting watching a cheap 3D tv (lg panel) via tesco which cost us literally a few quid after club card vouchers... And to be honest... Totally honest... All ******** aside. For what it cost, we're now gonna make do with it as its honestly not that bad, its better than the active LGPZ550 plasma we had and it cost £1120 less :rotfl:

It's essentially a freebie, so were gonna wait and see how it goes with OLED as I'm bored with all this now, the general concept of forplay is to excite us, your doing a "duke nuke forever" instead of a ten minute playboy channel preview :laugh:

So LG just lost the sale of 1 LM960V here today, and they lost one last week or so to a sammy d7000 ... I assume lurkers are getting bored too (many folk impulse buy) and with no news, no price, no features etc it's all still vapourware like the 980T was until its actually relased.

Remember the 980T was due to launch march 2011.... LG led everyone up the garden path, made those buyers wait, (read the thread) then postponed the realise month after month after month until about October when they eventually relased it and then immediately discontinued it :smashin: many of those users are still waiting 1 year on as they then had to wait for the 2012 models after lg strung them along for so long.

I'll buy a tv later in the year or in a few year time, we got a 50" 3D tv for
Pretty much free via tesco (using club card vouchers and paid about £80 cash) and it'll tide us over until OLED or apple tv or until the prices are reduced again later in the year or at Xmas 2012 or 2013 or whenever...

LG had my interest, but never held my Interest long enough, and they lost a sale.. No big deal it's only 1 ... But others may have lost interest too...

For what it's worth, these cheap no brand tvs with LG panels are actually really quite good, they have good uniformity and as most of us disable all the features of trumotion, dynamic contrast, dynamic colour, super resolution etc these are exactly that, LG panel with all the useless software disabled.

I calibrated using my usual discs and the results are no worse than my plasma was... 3D is fine, it does all we need and as we watch very little anyway it works fine... Plus no lag and hooked up to a htpc so smart is not required :)

We've now got £2000 spare and are going either have a hol or pop it toward an OLED in 2013 :hiya:

Last edited:
That quote doesn't fill me with confidence dave? It's as if your agreeing with it and therefore validating it.

I have deleted this message to avoid confusion based on the edited version that appears to suggest price fixing! which we are most certainly NOT.

The TV's will be available from retailers in April.

The design is pretty damn good, I really want one

I am still interested in buying a good passive 3D TV. Having tried two LW650t's, I returned them and got a refund in spite of the good discount.

The problem dave is that ZXSpeccy is correct. There would be very little case when a TV (LG) which is only marginally better (and in some aspects it is not better) than the NOBRAND but is three times the price !!?? mainly because it looks fashionable, because as ZXSpeccy said, all the other advantages are better turned off any way!!

I will wait a little and compare the products (brands) available in April, I will certainly be looking for the best value for my money after all.

BTW, ZXSpeccy it would be great if you could provide a subjective/objective review and comparison to the LW series.

BTW, ZXSpeccy it would be great if you could provide a subjective/objective review and comparison to the LW series.

don't encorage him!! :eek:

What does everyone think of the prices quoted, big jump in price for the new thin bezel cinema screens. I can't see me paying the premium for this but would be interested to get the views of others on here.

What does everyone think of the prices quoted, big jump in price for the new thin bezel cinema screens. I can't see me paying the premium for this but would be interested to get the views of others on here.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: So the most basic cinema screen design 47" tv is going to be £1350??? thats over £500 more than a lw550!!! Well i'm so glad i decided not to wait for these new lg's after 3 replacement lw550's and went for a d7000 instead!

Edit: oops the 47" cinema screens start from £1299 so now they're a bargain lol.... Looking at the specs though the motion index listing of all the screens up to the lm760 which is £1449 are all rated at 400hz which is the same as the bog standard lw450u from 2011, the lw550 was rated at 600hz and lw650 was rated at 800hz...

Last edited:
elhefepunk said:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: So the most basic cinema screen design 47" tv is going to be £1350??? thats over £500 more than a lw550!!! Well i'm so glad i decided not to wait for these new lg's after 3 replacement lw550's and went for a d7000 instead!

Edit: oops the 47" cinema screens start from £1299 so now they're a bargain lol.... Looking at the specs though the motion index listing of all the screens up to the lm760 which is £1449 are all rated at 400hz which is the same as the bog standard lw450u from 2011, the lw550 was rated at 600hz and lw650 was rated at 800hz...

Makes you wonder what they are actually expecting us to pay the extra for considering QC issues widely noted for last year its a big gamble charging these premium prices.

To be honest, these are the MRP's I expected. The street prices will be discounted 10-20% or so.. to become more reasonable around Christmas.

It is not that I cannot afford the listed prices; it is that I am not prepared to pay this kind of money just because it looks fashionable or to show off. LG will conduct its business in a way that makes "most" profits and I will conduct my purchase as an avid consumer. If our paths do not meet, then they will not have me as a customer or I will not have them as a manufacturer of my TV, whichever way you like to phrase it. I guess this applies to most of us.

I think LG needs to do "much" better..

Last edited:
elhefepunk said:

I've just ordered a 55"'D7000 for £1499 with 4 pairs of glasses :) looking at those prices I feel I got a more advanced tv for the price (with the slim bezel look) even though it's a 2011 model. A bit nervous about active 3D but excited! Cheers for your advice on this

Simple said:
To be honest, these are the MRP's I expected. The street prices will be discounted 10-20% or so.. to become more reasonable around Christmas.

It is not that I cannot afford the listed prices; it is that I am not prepared to pay this kind of money just because it looks fashionable or to show off. LG will conduct its business in a way that makes "most" profits and I will conduct my purchase as an avid consumer. If our paths do not meet, then they will not have me as a customer or I will not have them as a manufacturer of my TV, whichever way you like to phrase it. I guess this applies to most of us.

Very well put and I totally agree.

I agree. This is very eloquently put.

I'm happy for the time being (no immediate rush any more thanks to a club card spree) but if the price of the 55LM960v comes close to £2200 I'll buy one, if not I'll hold on and buy it at that price when it gets there.

I know many will disagree, but we were upgrading on impulse and bought the LGs based on Instore performance. The at home expereice was not the same and therefore our impulse buy became a regret and a headache.

It's very that thy do build good tvs, have good tech, and have good features but I think 2011 was a bad year for LG. I just hope they are vigilant this year on build quality.

And again, I know many will disagree but as a current LG owner and being stuck in limbo, this no brand LG IPS 3D panel is actually as good as the LW range I saw. It doesn't have any of the special features or Internet or DLNA, or wirless, or camera, or bezeless, or loads of Inputs etc, but as I said previously. I use an AVR and only need 1 hdmi on my tv, and 1 arial and thats it (this has 3 hdmi)

I don't use trumotion, or dynamic contrast, or dynamic colour, or super resolution, or Noise reduction, or energy saving mode etc as I honestly disable all of them on all my tvs prior to calibration. This cheap model is a 2011 LG IPS 3D panel inside a black plastic frame and lit by LEDs. It's essentially what I do to my expensive LG ... It's not going to win awards, but it meets my essentials, and my Disney calibratin and my AVS calibration specs. So it's giving out 709 perfectly and has blacks as good as the leaky grey 550s ...

It's an LG panel at the end of the day, and the panel is the most important component.

It's not gang to let 5 years, but for a few club card point, £80 and 5 minutes of my time I'm more than happy with a 55" LG 3D IPS 2011 panel for a few months until the 2012 prices come down to a more customer friendly level.

That said, the new range does look very pretty and that means a lot to the wife :)

Once prices of the new products are revealed, stores start discounting old products to make way for new stock. However, business models being followed now are cross between the (Ramp-up and made to order) which allows for better control over what they sell. It is all well and good if it was to maintain sales momentum in a free competition open market, but it is not. To circumvent outlawed dealership monopolies, manufacturers opt for exclusive distributers. Under the banner (ensuring quality of service); nice trick!!

In recessionary times the EEC commissioner needs to monitor such practices rather closely to avoid price fixing scams (I am not pointing to one manufacturer here). Such practices are neither good business practices nor do they incentivize the consumer to spend in order to revive the economy. I was reading yesterday that the government of the United Arab Emirates is studying the local market and will repeal the license of a number of exclusive agencies in a bid to ensure free markets and allow more people to do business.

The UAE is (a no tax country) hardly in a recession and they do not necessarily need to open markets, but they do what's good for business. Wake up EEC commissioner, smell the coffee!!

Last edited:
do we have any picture or an official thread for the LM620t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom