1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The LG LM670T Smart Cinema 3D TV Thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Member 300569, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elhefepunk

elhefepunk Member

Ratings:
    +56
    That's great news, i really missed this feature on my lw550!

thanks
  2. ipabzi

ipabzi Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Is this TV edge lit LED? And if so I assume it has local dimming?
  3. Rob_1984

Rob_1984 Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Hopefully the input lag is fixed on these 2012 models as I held off last years models for that reason
  4. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Yep, thats correct, it is and it does. :thumbsup:
  5. Rob_1984

Rob_1984 Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Love the design of these sets plus glad the gloss black is gone, pain in the neck cleaning them every time
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. immyh

immyh Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Are these tvs gonna dvr mode enabled in the uk or are we going to have this feature cancelled for us again.
  7. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    DVR mode WILL be available on selected UK models.
  8. connorfitz89

connorfitz89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have also held out, hoping its sorted.
  9. ipabzi

ipabzi Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Can I request a summery of all specs improvements of this TV over the 550t? Cheers
  10. connorfitz89

connorfitz89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LG UK

Could you answer me a query regarding this TV as it might be make or break weather i chose this or a Sony.

Will the dual view feature be specifically designed for games or will I (for example) be able to watch the footy while the wife watches the soaps? I seen Sony are including this feature in the 2012 models by by one having to use headphones to avoid a clash in the sound.

Cheers
  11. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    We do have PiP and Dual View (also a mode that allows you to view the TV on your mobile device which i;m really looking forward to testing!) but I can't confirm if we have dual tuners just yet. Sorry.
  12. connorfitz89

connorfitz89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, i'm taking it PIP you mean from two inputs, so i could probably use dual view for wife to watch soaps thru hdmi 1 and i could play fifa on hdmi 2?
  13. immyh

immyh Member

Ratings:
    +6
    this could be awesome thanks for letting us know. When are you expecting to get the test tvs in your hands?
  14. immyh

immyh Member

Ratings:
    +6
    could we possibly get some more details about the feature to view tv on your phone. Will we need to download an app? or buy a specific phone?
  15. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    i'll get more details as soon as I can but i'm quite sure that the app will be available on both Android and iOS devices. I don't think it will allow you to view different channels though but will be awesome if you're watching the footie and need to pop to the loo!!? :blush:
  16. ipabzi

ipabzi Member

Ratings:
    +13
    That sounds amazing! Will the lm670 and the lm760 support this??
  17. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    Hi, I need to get 100% confirmation on this but it is unlikely that it will support twin tuners, sorry :(.

The PiP mode that I have seen working on our test model is really cool though, it allows you to use the web browser and watch TV in the corner at the same time. perfect for facebook and twitter streams!?

I will get more info on the Smart Screen function as soon as I can and we'll be posting up some videos soon of the new features on Youtube. :thumbsup:
  18. immyh

immyh Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Dave

so just to clear things up we most likely wont have twin tuners so we wont be able to watch two different channels from freeview. But we may still have an option to watch freeview on one part of the screen and hdmi on another?
  19. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
    That also may not be an option, Sorry, i'm not sure of the final spec of the PiP. the TV that we have here is not a production model and the only obvious PiP mode is the TV over the top of the internet browser. still a nice little feature over our previous ranges I guess, right?
  20. immyh

immyh Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yea it is but i think its a missed opportunity for LG to not include dual view for inputs aswell as for multiplier gaming. I would have thought it was a no brainer and may have created a stand out feature for many. Simply putting in side by side or top and bottom pip option would have worked and maybe splitting audio for left and right.

Even if there was no audio for one input it would be enough.
  21. connorfitz89

connorfitz89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Completly agree with this, was going to hold out for this tv and spend the extra, but think i may as well go and get 2011 model as they are far cheaper and if i swap the lenses round in teh glasses i can have dual view gaming without spending loads on this years model.
  22. carrtim1

carrtim1 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    After having Samsung's for years I've thrown in the towel afer having nothing but problems. Every set has had power supply issues within 12 to 24 months. So I've been looking at LG and Sony.

What's made me choose LG passive 3D over the active 3D Sony is purely down to how bright the picture is. I suffer from an eye condition called Retinitus Pigmentosa (RP). My night vision is badly affected but my day vision is ok. So when I put any glasses on that make things darker results in me not being able to see things properly.

I had tried only active 3D glasses and even with the sets brightness turned fully up things were just too dark for me. I was a bit gutted as I really wanted a 3D TV. Then when I put on the LG passive glasses I was really pleased to able to see 3D and everything was nice and bright. Ok, I understand the whole "it's not full 1080p viewing with this standard" but I really don't care about that. Being able to see the picture and 3D is more important.

I was going to buy an LG set this month but I'm holding out for the new range as I really like and most importantly, the wife likes these. So I'm hoping I don't have to wait too long for these to arrive.

I just thought I would share that with you becasue because there are a lot of RP sufferers who might stumble on this and discover these sets will benefit them.
  23. roguejackal

roguejackal Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Still no confirmed release dates and prices, Im starting to get impatient, come on LG:lease:
  24. vontexx

vontexx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The new TV Range will be released from April.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  25. roguejackal

roguejackal Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Lets hope so, but prices would be good
  26. meyerovb

meyerovb Member

Ratings:
    +6
    $2,100 + shipping from J&R for the LM670 pre-order Flat Panel LED | JR.com

MSRP $2300/2400 (also see EDI #55LM6700)
  27. roguejackal

roguejackal Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Not sure they'l ship to the UK, and even if they did customs would hit me with a s**t load of tax
  28. Bwlmog

Bwlmog Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I appreciate that you can't provide full spec details and prices yet, but are you able to provide the dimensions for the 42" LM6700 and the 37" LM6200. Thanks in advance.
  29. Simple

Simple Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I think prices will be comparable to those in America and most likely it will be made in Poland.
    LG is in for profit not charity, they will perform market research (they probably already have) and charge whatever they can; regardless.

Only strong competition will bring them to reason!! Except if they agree some price fixing between them or assign one outlet each, to distribute certain models. Like LG did by allowing one outlet to distribute the LW650t.

I would have thought monopoly is illegal under European law!!; or is this another loophole that needs to be closed in a recessionary year??
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  30. ZXSpeccy

ZXSpeccy Member

Ratings:
    +28
    That quote doesn't fill me with confidence dave? It's as if your agreeing with it and therefore validating it.

I agree LG we're sneaky with the "1 model to a specific store" routine as it stopped direct competition and price matching etc for the customer. This year, well see... Ive gone cold now though, I'm not as active in here any more, I think this year LG will try and rinse us dry for what is essentailly old tech before OLED takes and crystal LCD take off at the end of the year and forthcoming years.

Instead of watching our pc monitor and waiting on a vapour ware LM960v we are now sitting watching a cheap 3D tv (lg panel) via tesco which cost us literally a few quid after club card vouchers... And to be honest... Totally honest... All ******** aside. For what it cost, we're now gonna make do with it as its honestly not that bad, its better than the active LGPZ550 plasma we had and it cost £1120 less :rotfl:

It's essentially a freebie, so were gonna wait and see how it goes with OLED as I'm bored with all this now, the general concept of forplay is to excite us, your doing a "duke nuke forever" instead of a ten minute playboy channel preview :laugh:

So LG just lost the sale of 1 LM960V here today, and they lost one last week or so to a sammy d7000 ... I assume lurkers are getting bored too (many folk impulse buy) and with no news, no price, no features etc it's all still vapourware like the 980T was until its actually relased.

Remember the 980T was due to launch march 2011.... LG led everyone up the garden path, made those buyers wait, (read the thread) then postponed the realise month after month after month until about October when they eventually relased it and then immediately discontinued it :smashin: many of those users are still waiting 1 year on as they then had to wait for the 2012 models after lg strung them along for so long.

I'll buy a tv later in the year or in a few year time, we got a 50" 3D tv for
    Pretty much free via tesco (using club card vouchers and paid about £80 cash) and it'll tide us over until OLED or apple tv or until the prices are reduced again later in the year or at Xmas 2012 or 2013 or whenever...

LG had my interest, but never held my Interest long enough, and they lost a sale.. No big deal it's only 1 ... But others may have lost interest too...

For what it's worth, these cheap no brand tvs with LG panels are actually really quite good, they have good uniformity and as most of us disable all the features of trumotion, dynamic contrast, dynamic colour, super resolution etc these are exactly that, LG panel with all the useless software disabled.

I calibrated using my usual discs and the results are no worse than my plasma was... 3D is fine, it does all we need and as we watch very little anyway it works fine... Plus no lag and hooked up to a htpc so smart is not required :)

We've now got £2000 spare and are going either have a hol or pop it toward an OLED in 2013 :hiya:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.