Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The LG LD450 LCD Thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Member 300569, Mar 3, 2010.

1. iligor

iligor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hllo everyone,

I have a problem with optical output on my TV set. I cant set it to give me 5.1 sound. It only gives 2ch down mix. I see that on some LG TVs there is an option Digital Audio Out: PCM/Auto. I dont have this option on my LG 42LD450. Is there a way to turn on 5.1 sound on optical output on my TV.
  2. The Angry Lion

The Angry Lion Member

Ratings:
    +5
    From what other people have written on another audio/video forum in their official LD450 thread (and possibly on this forum as well -- I can't recall), it will only output stereo through the optical out, so I think you're out of luck there.

Other bad news on the audio front is that several people (including me) have reported that there's major crackling noise when using the headphone jack of the TV (not that this has anything to do with your question though). I was kind of bummed about this, myself. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with the LD450.
  3. thefearvm

thefearvm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Someone ?

4. Mr_Moo

Mr_Moo Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm assuming you've got a 5.1 sound system... Rather than going through you're TV (which I can't see the benefits of), why don't you just put the optical direct into your amp?

Eg: If it's your Virgin/SKY box that you're using for optical, just put the optical direct into your amp.
  5. Mr_Moo

Mr_Moo Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Use the stereo output on the back of your TV (the red & white connection) to your amp. Make sure you are using the 'OUTPUT' source, though.
  6. The Angry Lion

The Angry Lion Member

Ratings:
    +5
    The LD450 has no such output. All connections on the back of the set (besides the optical out) are inputs. Besides the optical out, the only other output is the headphone jack on the side of the set, and it's been reported by many (including me) that the headphone jack suffers from some major crackling when used, unfortunately. It's possible some people's sets have a headphone jack without this issue, so it may be worth testing if anyone's considering using it for a stereo output, but yeah, many have reported having the crackling sound.
  7. Timbrin

Timbrin Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi guys
    I have a question about the remote control, hope someone can help me.

I currently have a LG 32LD450 its a great TV and fantastic value, I am very please. I am planning on buying a LG42LD450 and will have both TV's next to each other, one to watch TV and the other as my PC monitor.

I have just realised I may have a problem with the remote affecting both TVs at the same time. I cannot see any option the set the TV and remote to a channel. In the past I have owned TVs and there has been this option but I cannot see it on this model.

There is an option which says "Set ID" in the option menu but the manual does not explain exactly what this does or if indeed it has anything to to with the remote control.

So to recap I plan on having two almost identical TVs next to each other and two remote controls but is there a way of making sure each remote will only operate one TV and does not interfear with the other.

Hope someone can help I would hate to have to get a different make and model.
  8. Dibils

Dibils Member

Ratings:
    +39
    wow that is a great question lol cant answer that but interested in the answer
  9. Crunchie

Crunchie Member

Ratings:
    +109
    Just picked this telly up from Comet today, loving it! Can anyone with Virgin please advise the remote control code please?
  10. Shoka

Shoka Active Member

Ratings:
    +241
    I'm thinking of picking 42" incarnation of this set up at the weekend, price seems very good (and within my budget), the specs are OK would have liked a bit more connectivity but I'm not going to complain, but I just wanted some clarification from people who own this set on a couple of things.

Refresh rate is 50/60hz, Correct? How does this effect gaming, is there much (noticeable) lag?

I've got a US BD player and my UK PS3 currently running, which are also used for Region 1 and Region 2 DVD respectively, any issues with NTSC/PAL?

I've read a few people saying that they don't get good detail gaming through PS3 is this merely a few settings that need tweaking or is it generally pretty poor for gaming.

Also what size is the footprint of the stand?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  11. Timbrin

Timbrin Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Update

I tried twice to ask the question on the LG customer service part of their website and both times after typing out all the information I got "Page not found" error

So next I tried the 0844 "charged at international rates" number. Asked the question if I have two LG TVs side by side is it possible to set one remote to only operate one TV and what does "Set Id" do in the options menu it does not explain in the manual PDF.

I was told she did not know and all the engineers were in a meeting, she was very arrogent and wanted to get rid of me as fast as possible.

Guess if I cannot find an answer my second TV will have to be a Sony Bravia.

Anyone own two LG's can you help me.
  12. Mr_Moo

Mr_Moo Member

Ratings:
    +12
    It gives you the codes in the Virgin Media menu... That worked for me and I set the TV up at work the other day using the code in the menu.
  13. Crunchie

Crunchie Member

Ratings:
    +109
    Mr_Moo - thanks for the reply but the TV screen goes blank when I try to get to the "codes" page in the Virgin box, and the dozens of codes I found on Virgin's website didn't work.

Can you remember the code that worked for you please?
  14. Monarch

Monarch Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I don't know the answers to any other questions you asked (although, the people having trouble with detail probably have an issue with settings somewhere). But with this one, the refresh rate doesn't really affect the input lag, most games are 60Hz as far as I know (or at least that's how the PS3 outputs them), and it will run them fine. As for input lag, just make sure all the unnecessary processing is turned off, you don't have trumotion, which usually adds the most to it, but still, things like dynamic contrast etc...add little bits. The lag is pretty decent with all of that off.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Pikeyp

Pikeyp Member

Ratings:
    +25
    I just had a look at this .. try 2260 .. works for me (although I rarely use the Virgin remote!)
  16. sinistro

sinistro Member

Ratings:
    +74
    This is the reason why I still looking around for a game room tv.

I want low inputlag and the LD450, the samsung C530 and also the philips 5605 are interesting because of this though all 3 dont have any RCA audio output :mad:

What other options are there? Using the headphone output with the possibility of crackling sound hmm, I dont know and because of this still looking around.
  17. gorfuc

gorfuc Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I have the 32" of this TV with an LG panel and i'm thinking of getting the 37", i'm wondering what panel is used in these though as i'm sure there's a size LG does'nt make, am i right in thinking they don't make the 37"?

Thanks for any help :)
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  18. sinistro

sinistro Member

Ratings:
    +74
    I cant find the LD450 here but here I see in the shops the LD420 and in one shop they had the LD465 which the sale guy said was the new and improved model of the LD450.

I want the LD450 for gaming as it has a good low input lag and I think this would be the same for the 420 but cant find any info on the 465, any one could give me some info on this?
  19. Underwoo18

Underwoo18 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, just bought this tele after returning the 50pk350 plasma three times due to several different faults. Happy with this LCD, after having nothing but problems with plasma televisions. Just wondered if anyone could suggest some picture settings for watching my blu ray films, I've tampered a little bit but believe my blu ray could look a little better with the right picture setting.
  20. Mr_Moo

Mr_Moo Member

Ratings:
    +12
    In a nutshell, no. It's known on here and everywhere as panel lottery. Read through this thread and you'll learn how to distinguish between what you want and what you don't want.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  21. Mr_Moo

Mr_Moo Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I use this as my normal TV viewing through Virgin V+ / DVD / avi's.

Aspect ratio: Just Scan
    Energy Saving: Medium
    Picture Mode: Cinema
    Backlight: 30
    Contrast: 90
    Brightness: 50
    Sharpness: 50
    Colour: 50
    Colour Temp: W50

(anything ive not mentioned ive not changed)

Advanced:
    Dynamic Contrast: Off
    Dynamic Colour: Off
    Clear White: Off
    Skin Colour: 0
    Noise Reduction: Off
    Digital Noise Reduction: Off
    Gamma: Medium
    Black Level: Low
    Real Cinema: On
    Colour Gamut: Standard

For Bluray, I just change the picture mode to 'game'. Or one of the others, depends what suits!
  22. deepblu

deepblu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to enable the video hack on LD340 model? Any help would be appreciated.

How about on the plasma PJ250, any video hacks for that?

Thanks in advance.
  23. Superflyguy_uk

Superflyguy_uk Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all, I have just taken delivery of 2 of these models from dixons, both sets were built January this year, both have LG panels and I can confirm there is absolutely no crackle through Headphone jack, so overall I am impressed with my purchase.
    Does anyone know whether you can use an external hard drive as a pvr once the tv has been hacked?
  24. Timbrin

Timbrin Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Superflyguy

You say you have two of these, can you tell me can you use either remote control on either TV and if so is their a way of assigning one remote to only one of the TV's.
    The reason I ask is because I already have one of these but am getting a second TV for my PC monitor but as they will be side by side I presume if I go for the same model the remotes will activate both TV's when I only want to operate one of them.
    I am in two minds weather to go for different makes or get the same model LG and tape over the sensor on one of them.
    If their is a way of seperating the remote control to each individually TV I will deffinatly go for another LG.

Can you check for me and let me know

Thanks in advance
  25. Superflyguy_uk

Superflyguy_uk Member

Ratings:
    +15
    the remotes work on both sets, I did see something on the menu about set ID which can be changed..I will look into it soon
  26. Timbrin

Timbrin Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks superflyguy
    I saw the same option "set id" but what does it do it does not say much in the instruction manual I thought it could have something to do with the remote but cannot find anything about it.

Anyway I think the LG is a great TV I am going to order another one I will worry about the remote comtrol problem later
  27. Shoka

Shoka Active Member

Ratings:
    +241
    I picked up the 42" version on Saturday from richer sounds, the serial number has a w as the fourth letter so looks like I've got one of the SIS(?) panels.

Set it up and only really had a few games of Black Ops (birthday yesterday so was out all day) but so far I'm impressed. I'm going to go through and play with some settings later for blu-ray and normal TV but thanks to dave7coopieman for the game settings they work a treat. :smashin:
  28. Superflyguy_uk

Superflyguy_uk Member

Ratings:
    +15
    i had a look at setting the id on another tv to number 2 and it didnt change anything, maybe its something to do with pc multi screen.
  29. Timbrin

Timbrin Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for looking

I thought it may not have anything to do with the remote control

Does anyone know what the "set id" in the options does
  30. thefearvm

thefearvm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you tell me the settings to try