The KEF Blade Thread

Luckly KEF are only a 30 minute drive from mine lol hope you did not mind me keeping them warm over night for you lol

All in good spirt..........

Alan / Gixer1970

Hi All,

Guys, considering that these speakers are pitched to the "Audiophile, High End, Purist and/or Connoisseur" end of the market, they are actually quite very cheap compared to many others pitched to the same sort of market - there seems to lots of other speakers that cost the same sort of wonga & in many
cases, a heck of a lot more!

Suave!

Every manufacturer has their own idea of the perfect loudspeaker. Some will be expensive, and some will be extortionate.

Plus, there will be different types of speakers, all producing a different sound based on their strengths and weaknesses - passive, active, electrostatic, single driver, multiple driver, flat panel etc etc. There's no way to make any of these different technologies sound the same - they can't.

I've heard many, very nice loudspeakers, and I've liked them all for different reasons. ProAc Carbon 6/8's sound beautiful, in a warm and cosy sort of way. Smooth, but still detailed, and never in your face. Celestion Kingston's are about as transparent as I've heard, with no hint of cabinet coloration. Maganaplanar panels for the same reason, and their delicacy. Now the Blades. As much as I like speakers that make music listenable (even the rough stuff), I prefer accuracy. I want something that says to me, "this is what's on this disc, take it or leave it". While you can have an idea if what many instruments sound like, there's no way you can know what much of the electronically produced music out there sounds like, unless you happen to have the same equipment! So I'd rather my system tells me what it sounds like. What price do you put on that? Some would spend 6 figures, some feel they already have that for 4 figure sums.

Maybe the Blades aren't as accurate as I think. Who knows? Who cares? Not me. I like what they do, which is quite hard to explain. Those familiar with Reference and it's goals will 'get it' quite quickly, others may not.

6100471039_d10be18e25.jpg

We are looking, and trying to work out how to make two rooms into one at the same time and also sort out the sale of some bits that will not be needed.

Alan / Gixer1970

Do it all, only live once lol and no hassel of future upgrades.

P.S the colour does not get SWMBO approval so thats one less choice.

Alan / Gixer1970

Do it all, only live once lol and no hassel of future upgrades.
That's what tipped me to buying the Blades.I might not be here in 10 years time - screw it! :laugh:

P.S the colour does not get SWMBO approval so thats one less choice.

Alan / Gixer1970
For me, it was between the Sapphire and Garnet. I like blues, particularly darker blues, so decided on the Sappihre. If I hadn't have gone for either of those, it's either be the standard gloss black, or Graphite. We have yellow 203/2's in the window a the moment, and should get another colour in a week or two.

Loving this image
6101016100_c6a0d3fae9_z.jpg

Sorry, can not read the sign on the floor, at a guess it says keep your hands off and ex demo for sale only £20,000 :rolleyes:

This is what its all about for us, not just the sound, its the presence, the shape, the design, so unique and almost bespoke, KEF you get the :thumbsup: its about walking in to a room and never being bored with looking at any angel.

Alan / Gixer1970

You need something in the pictures for scale but I'm presuming they are 4ft tall or so ?

Sorry, can not read the sign on the floor, at a guess it says keep your hands off and ex demo for sale only £20,000 :rolleyes:
Cyrus price list :)

This is what its all about for us, not just the sound, its the presence, the shape, the design, so unique and almost bespoke, KEF you get the :thumbsup: its about walking in to a room and never being bored with looking at any angel.
I assue you meant angle there :)

I don't think the photos do them justice. The press pics so far looking head on to them made them look a bit dull and plain, but I stood head on to the today and they looked much better in the flesh.

The Blades will more than likely be moved upstairs tomorrow (not looking forward to 2 narrow flights of stairs with over 60kg!!), so I'll take a piccy next to the 900's and 700's, and maybe a Reference model as well.

Out of interest, if used in in an HT what could be used as a centre?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom