Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The JVC LT-26DX7 and LT-32DX7 thread

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by David Mackenzie, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Get_Real

Get_Real Member

Ratings:
    +4
    The TV had been on all day so it was not a case of needing to warm up.
    Smearing seemed to happen only on wide shots, closeup shots were alot better. As I have only had this set since Friday I am still playing about with the settings (which there are alot) If anyone has any suggestions please post.

The reason I went for the DX7 over the DS6 was for the extra connections and DX7 looks alot better with it's black finish.
  2. ohanlon

ohanlon Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, I have to say I've never noticed any smearing when watching Football. I don't have Sky, but I did watch the West Ham match on terrestrial the other day, and noticed no smearing at all. Maybe it is where I have calibrated my set using DVE. Have you set the sharpness right to the bottom? That is what you have to do for the optimum setting (told to do this using DVE).

I'll try to watch a game on freeview or TV and look out for smearing, but as of yet I haven't noticed it.
  3. Get_Real

Get_Real Member

Ratings:
    +4

Yes
  4. Wolfspider

Wolfspider Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean by smearing as there is smearing on all football matches when watching from a digital signal ie Sky digital or freeview digital even watching from a CRT TV you get this.

It isn't as obvious with analogue transmissions as its a more softer picture.

When we start receiving high definition we should have a crystal clear picture & less catch up hopefully.

By setting DigiPure setting to auto or min seems the smoothest imo if you turn it off there's a slight flicker or if you turn it to max you get a lot of motion blur.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. RunDMC

RunDMC Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Try playing about (or turn off) some of the video processing in the menu (e.g super digipure and noise reduction). Maybe this might help...?
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Get_Real

Get_Real Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Have just spent some time changing the settings and the picture does seem to improve by turning off Super Digipure, still not as good at showing sport as my crt though.

Do not get me wrong I am more than pleased with this set. DVD, PC and xbox are all fantastic, and when I get SKY HD I am sure that will solve any small issues I have with watching sport.

p.s what are you using to clean the screen, my non-smear wipes are well you guessed it
  7. Wolfspider

Wolfspider Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this TV 26" model from Digital Direct last week for £879 but I've realised the price has dropped to £799 this is very frustrating.

Will I be entitled to a £80 refund does anyone know?
  8. nick270881

nick270881 Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Right I have tried a few others, JL in Sheffield and Quoting £1080 from Hi-Spec and RGB Direct but don't seem to get any joy!

I am now leaning towards the Interweb, as under £1000 is not a problem, What are Empire Direct like??? I know they have a store in leeds so its not totally Web based, but what are the after sales like etc???? Good/Bad???

Any other recommendations, even High street stores in East Yorkshire??:(
  9. ohanlon

ohanlon Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I read on this forum before that to clean an LCD, you should get a bowl of warm water and a little tiny bit of washing up liquid and mix it in. Then get a NORMAL cloth, soak it in the water and ring it till it has no more drips coming out, really squeeze all the water out. Then run it over the screen and panel, and use another dry cloth to dry it.

I tried this and it worked perfectly :thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Snakey2k5

Snakey2k5 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes thats where i got mine via buy now pay december took few days for finance to go through then the tv was dispatched asap and in good condition :)
  11. NishFish69

NishFish69 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    GaryB, just want to explore the 1:1 pixel mapping via the PC port claim a little bit further. I have a 32DX7, and have connected-up my PC with the resolution set to 1360x768. However the only way to get the display to be full screen is to set the Zoom to "Full". If you set it to "Regular" the screen is squished into the 1024x768 area. For true 1:1 pixel mapping I would expect the screen to be full with the zoom set to "Regular" i.e. no stretching being done by the TV. What zoom setting are you using when in PC mode?

By the way I bought my 32DX7 at the weekend and am very impressed with my purchase. DTV is excellent quality compared to others I have seen, and DVD playback via RGB scart is excellent too (am looking forward trying component which should be even better!). Have watched football/sport too (on DTV), and haven't notice any significant "smearing" myself to be honest.

Real life piccy below for those asking.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Houghsx

Houghsx Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,742

Can you let me know how long Amazon take to despatch. Ta
  13. Wolfspider

Wolfspider Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Here are some Sky Sports pic's I have taken via RGB Scart to the Sky STB.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. funcky

funcky Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Have to say, from those pics the grass looks pretty good, very tough for an lcd to get right. Though I would have to see it moving to make a better judgement, lcd smearing can make the grass look really bad.
  15. GaryB

GaryB Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,136
    1360x768 is a 16:9 aspect ratio so the screen must be in Full mode in order to display it correctly. The set isn't stretching anything when in full mode. it's just displaying what you feed it. I think it's just the Regular/Full terminology that's causing the confusion.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Music2000

Music2000 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never used them, but Crampton & Moore are based in Sheffield, sell JVC and they mention a shop on their website. (They have also been used for price matching.)
  17. petsim24

petsim24 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately I think that it is very unlikely they'll give you anything, I don't suppose it would hurt to ask, but on other websites in the small print I have seen it state that they wont refund you if the product is reduced at a later date, even if that is the next day.
  18. GaryB

GaryB Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,136
    They are a good dealer. Been around for years.
  19. madflex

madflex Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Does anyone know if this set supports 1:1 pixel mapping from pc over DVi-D to HDMI adapter I’ve heard it works over VGA so…. and what is the audio quality like eg: bass sound & clarity?:thumbsup:
  20. Randell

Randell Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I agree, it's better than the grass I've seen so far on mine. What picture settings do you use for Sky? My box is connected via RGB scart as well.
  21. GaryB

GaryB Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,136
    It will within the limitations of the HDMI input. This supports the following:
    525 (480)i @ 60Hz
    525 (480)p @ 60Hz
    625 (576)i @ 50Hz
    625 (576)p @ 50Hz
    750 (720)p @ 50Hz
    750 (720)p @ 60Hz
    1125 (1080)i @ 50Hz
    1125 (1080)i @ 60Hz
    VGA 640 x 480 @ 60Hz
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  22. Houghsx

Houghsx Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,742
    Just so people know. Amazon now showing the following

'This item is not in stock or has been discontinued'

Must have been snapped up quick
  23. Wolfspider

Wolfspider Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    These are my daytime settings for RGB Scart
    I use 0 for central - to go left + to go right ok

Bright 1 = 0
    Contrast = +13
    Bright 2 = -8
    Sharp = pushed to left
    Colour = +3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  24. Relocation

Relocation Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, sorry to post here but i thought i would get the best response from this thread. I have just received my jvc 32dx7 and after unpacking it, setting up sky+ dvd etc.... turned the set on...couple of seconds then jvc logo. Thinking all was well i proceeded to change a few sky settings contrast picture format etc... After this i proceeded to turn on the dtv, it asked me if i wanted to scan for channels, which i did. it then hung at about 39, so i cancelled the scan. turned of dtv went back to sky for a few minutes then decided to return to the dtv in the hope i could scan for channels again, proceeded as before, and before it got to 30 the tv turned itself off!! This is the position i am in at the minute. No picture, standby light comes on but then nothing, no picture, no sound nothing. I tried unplugging everything and starting again just with an rf signal. Still nothing. I am at my wits end over this as the picture was much better than i thought it would be with sky, and the missus gets in in about 40 mins and this could be humiliating.:rolleyes: Please anyone cast some light on this, is it fixable?? Will i have to return the set?? Or am i just missing something glaringly obvious!! HELP!! :lease:

JUst left it off for ten mins and i turned on ok, but then 5 mins later it shut itself off again?? Is it overheating, does anyone else have this problem??

Regards,
    Steve.
  25. Houghsx

Houghsx Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,742
    Just a quick question to those that have brought the set. Could you give the rest of us a quick pro's and con's list. Im sure those of us looking at this set would appreciate that.

Thanks
  26. Randell

Randell Member

Ratings:
    +15
    cant think of any cons that are not LCD specific - eg poor SD picture on low bitrate broadcasts.

Pluses

Great connections - 2xHDMI, 2x RGB Scart, component, PC, Compsoite, S-Video

Looks great

Sound is very good for a TV

adjustable backlight.

Great price if you think the prior model debuted at £2000!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  27. freshcheese

freshcheese Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The only (very) minor cons I have with my 26dx7 are:

That there doesn't appear to be a discrete remote control code for all the inputs (i.e. I can't program a programmable remote to go directly to one of the HDMI inputs) - this is easy to work around though

Also analogue teletext doesn't seem to be working on mine - this doesn't bother me though as I'd only use the digital text anyway.

On the plus side, it's superb! I owned four LG 26lx2r TVs previously (had to return them all), and in my opinion the JVC is a much better buy even though it is more expensive. The JVC doesn't have any of the blotchy patches that I had on most of the LGs - the picture is pretty much the same otherwise (very good). The sound is better, it looks nicer, has a better remote, you can adjust the backlight, it has better connectivity, is smaller, etc.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. martinsaunders

martinsaunders Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gary, I wonder if you can help.

I'm trying to drive this TV using a Mac Mini and the PC D-Sub port. I've managed to get 1368 x 768 @ 60Hz to display, except the output is slightly overscanned so I'm missing a dozen or so pixels top and bottom, and the general display quality isn't quite right.

The software I'm using is DisplayconfigX (http://www.3dexpress.de/) which allows me to set parameters like horizontal pixels and lines, Front Porch, Sync, Back porch, Bandwidth, Horizontal frequency and Refresh. Are there any known best values for the 32dx7 for these settings, or will I just need to fiddle until it eventually works?

Also, I tried using a DVI to HDMI cable, but the TV refused to accpet anything more than 720 lines in progressive scan, is that a limitation of the HDMI port?

Cheers!

Martin
  29. RockySpieler

RockySpieler Member

Ratings:
    +137

Does this mean overscan is always applied to HDMI input (therefore it cannot be 1:1 pixelled mapped via HDMI)????
  30. GaryB

GaryB Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,136
    As far as I know it will be scaled but I'm going to try a few experiments when I get time.