The iPad Jailbreaking & iPad FAQ thread.

Trying to jailbreak my ipad using the redsnow jailbreak bvut when i try to download to 4.3.1 firmware i get a zip file and then once extracted i get lots of files,, how do i get the file to download as the ispw file????

Hey, changing the file name didn't work for me also every time I tried to download using Internet explorer it always downloaded it as a .zip file so in the end I download firefox and downloaded it using firefox and it worked a treat I've now jail broken my iPad.. Happy days

Trying to jailbreak my ipad using the redsnow jailbreak bvut when i try to download to 4.3.1 firmware i get a zip file and then once extracted i get lots of files,, how do i get the file to download as the ispw file????

When you 'save as' the file. Change it from a zip file to all files and name the file .ipsw then it will be fine

HI mate I wasn't getting the option to save as, anyway doesn't matter now as I said above I downloaded it using firefox instead of Internet explorer and have now jailbroken my ipad...

Hey folks I've got lock info installed on my iPad but how do I get the weather app to work on the lock screen as it takes it's info from the pre-installed yahoo weather app that comes on the iPhone but this isn't on the iPad anyone help here, I've tried inputting the weather code from the yahoo weather site but to that didn't work either..

Last edited:
when on earth will the ipad 2 jailbreak be released?

Cydia is back up and running properly.

Yes me too ..I have a buyer lined up for my Ipad1 but not letting it go until I at least see a hint of a working jailbreak

Looks like it might happen very soon now. Even today / 2 / 3 days time !!

Very little development so far on the iPad 2 jailbreak. 2 people have worked on an exploit but no confirmation if they will release the jailbreak the 2 are known as iOnic and msuiche (twitter names for both).

Comex who has been involved heavily with the recent jailbreaks has said he is bored of iOS hence not working on a jailbreak.

From what i can see no one from the iPhone dev team is working on an exploit.

Nice if True

Twitter

p0sixninja Joshua Hill
"I challenged geohot to dump the iPad2 bootrom before me. Maybe having a worthy opponent will motivate me to work harder =P"
19 hours ago

p0sixninja Joshua Hill
"he accepted, he said he didn't have an iPad yet but he's getting one really soon"
19 hours ago

I bought my iPad1 from Apple 10 months ago. When asked which Sim I said O2 but have never used a sim in it. WIll my iPad be locked to O2 or will it use any Sim?

If I use Redsnow and my iPad is currently unlocked to any network will I lose the unlock?

I bought my iPad1 from Apple 10 months ago. When asked which Sim I said O2 but have never used a sim in it. WIll my iPad be locked to O2 or will it use any Sim?

If I use Redsnow and my iPad is currently unlocked to any network will I lose the unlock?

You will be able to use any sim and it will be officially unlocked, using redsn0w will not affect it.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom