The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) 4K UHD

Mine arrived from Wow today.minty mint. After a crappy week at work will be chilling tomorrow watching one of my favourite films in hopefully it's best home video presentation ever.
Let us know what you think šŸ‘ enjoy

Read elsewhere Kino have sold out of their initial pressing and more are being replicated and will arrive mid-May, minus the slipcover. So i imagine it'll be similar timeframe for Wow restocking.

Ordered mine on the 19th, it shipped on the 22nd but Wow orders for Ireland since Brexit reship from mainland Europe so Iā€™m not expecting it for another couple of weeks yet.

I know the previous 5.1 mixes had added fx etc but at least they had the music in stereo, is it just me or does this 5.1 sound more like the mono but through a mono expander dsp? even without hdr this does look amazing though, great detail :eek:

This is an interesting comparison video of screenshots from the various home versions of the film, from DVD to the new 4K release.

I watched it yesterday, it was my first viewing of the movie too šŸ™‚The lack of HDR is a loss-it's a Technicolor movie after all, but the PQ is still very good and on a par with other well regarded 4k Blu-Ray releases of vintage titles. I have attached couple of photos, made with my crappy S8 camera. BTW, I have seen the 4k Blu-Ray of another western from 1966 too- Savage Pampas! Shot on 70mm and with flunctuating PQ(better than the The Good... in places), it is a very entertaining flick and worthy of a cult status too...

Attachments

• 20210501_070026.jpg
    20210501_070026.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210501_070103.jpg
    20210501_070103.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 41
Watched this earlier, very impressed,it looks fantastic. Clearly the best this has ever looked on Home Video, i'm sure it could be improved again with HDR but for now for any fans of this classic this is clearly the go to version.

So no UK release on the horizon ?

Hoping this shows up for cheap like Mad Max did on Amazon UK.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom