1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The girl with the dragon tattoo

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by emthree, Nov 21, 2009.

1. emthree

emthree Member

Ratings:
    +147
    Any info when this Swedish movie is coming our way? Is it available on DVD yet (in Europe)?. I have breathlessly read the first two books back to back. If they can capture even half of the 'action' of the book, it should be a great film!
  2. Todd Tomorrow

Todd Tomorrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,260
    Heard great things about the film when it got shown at Frightfest in August. On IMDB it says the film will get a release here March 2010, so still quite a wait.

It's a shame how long good Foreign laguage movies take to make it to the UK. :thumbsdow
  3. systemsdead

systemsdead Active Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Watched it a month or so back really enjoyed it,somebody mentioned the full trilogy is out dont know if they where stv though.
  4. Ightenhill

Ightenhill Member

Ratings:
    +44
    I beleive one DVD version is out but there are no English subs available as yet.. hopefully when the subs are completed for the ltd UK release (one set exist but they are very rough) a DVD release will quickly follow..

The Trilogy of novels is superb (though I felt the third book lacked some of the power of the first two)

One things for sure it will probably be 10 times better than any hollywood adaptation, though I must admit on a sidenote Brannagh did a good job with the Wallander adaptations..
  5. MovieJam

MovieJam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Want to see the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo first and for free?
    Head to our Facebook page where we’ll shortly be announcing details of free preview tickets – plus enter our comp for a holiday to Sweden!
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo UK | Facebook
  6. LanceR

LanceR Member

Ratings:
    +466
    I've been reading a lot about this, I like the look of it but my other half keeps telling me to read the books before I go and see the film!
  7. Gromit

Gromit Member

Ratings:
    +42
    The whole Trilogy will be shown on Swedish televison starting March 20th. This will include the Extended Edition of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", which runs 180 min.

I watched the Theatrical version of TGWTDT yesterday, and was blown away by it. 10/10 in my book.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  8. Digitalism09

Digitalism09 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I really like the look and story of this. I'm ashamed to admit I never read the book even after getting it out from the library, and then getting a free audiobook copy of it, but hopefully I'll be motivated to go back and see what I've been missing once I watch the film.
  9. modem

modem Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I m waiting for movie The girl with the dragon tattoo, last day i watch Brooklyns Finest, nice flick
  10. systemsdead

systemsdead Active Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Watched the follow up The Girl Who Played With Fire not on par with the first but still very good,just was'nt as polished and looked like a made for tv drama. 7/10
  11. Gromit

Gromit Member

Ratings:
    +42
    It wasn´t meant to be shown at the cinema. The initial intention was TV. So, that explains it. ;)
  12. OnTheFly

OnTheFly Member

Ratings:
    +99
    I saw this film recently and enjoyed it a lot. There was a moment I thought it was turning into The DaVinci Code and I'm not sure about the 'final' ending but overall I would recommend it.
  13. jalaldevil

jalaldevil Active Member

Ratings:
    +957
    Yeah great film but dragged at the start. I thought part two was absolute pants regardless of being shown on TV. Not gonna bother with part 3, got a long list of films to watch.

Part 1: 8.5/10
  14. David 8

David 8 Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    Sony's Columbia Pictures has set a Wednesday, December 21, 2011 release date for director David Fincher's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

So far it seems that pretty much every young, female, Hollywood A-lister is/has been attached to the lead role.
  15. Miss Mandy

Miss Mandy Active Member

Ratings:
    +611
    The main rumour circulating about the lead female is that it will be either Noomi Rapace who played the role in the Swedish version of the film, or Carey Mulligan who will play Lisbeth. Its also possible that a complete unknown would be chosen.
    It seems that Daniel Craig will be playing Mikeal Blomqvist.
    Daniel Craig set to star in Girl with Dragon Tattoo | Entertainment | People | The First Post

As for the Swedish version of the film, I think it was excellent. I think it kept to the book pretty well and really did the story justice.
  16. David 8

David 8 Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    Carey Mulligan gets my vote, she's exactly how I pictured Lisbeth. There are loads of names in the hat though. I think it depends what articles you read as to who are the front runners. It'll be interesting to see who gets this one.
  17. Ightenhill

Ightenhill Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Has it been confirmed if this remake will be also re set (as in Insomnia, The Vanishing) for the help of the majority of Americans who don't seem to know theres a whole world out there beyond the state they live in..

Loved the first part by the way, the cinematography was excellent- it must be something to do with the light in these nordic countries but they do produce the most beautiful looking images and lighting crew..Light and shadow is used so well, hardly ever is a main light source used on an actor but they are lit perfectly as if they are living in the shadows..

Thought the pacing good (however it seemed to me to be aimed at those who had read the books, not a problem in this household)
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  18. raigraphixs

raigraphixs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,749
    Daniel Craig has closed the deal to star as the lead in David Fincher's remake - "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"
  19. David 8

David 8 Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    Oh great, now when I'm reading book 3 I'll be picturing his stupid pouty face :laugh:

I'm sure he'll do a fine job with this though.
  20. David 8

David 8 Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    I'm assuming we're sticking with this thread for the remake news... unless any objections ?

Talking to MTV David Fincher has confirmed that the film will be set in Sweden.
  21. Ightenhill

Ightenhill Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Thats good news.. Not to sure about Craig though, would have preferred a new face in the role.. Then again he has suprised me in some things..
  22. David 8

David 8 Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    I'm not sure about Craig either really. He has quite a physical presence on the screen, maybe they'll make it more action-y.
  23. Pincho Paxton

Pincho Paxton New Member

Ratings:
    +649
    I don't understand this thread. The movie has been in Morrisons for ages.
  24. David 8

David 8 Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    a bit confusing isn't it :laugh:
  25. cabanatuan

cabanatuan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,728
    Also the book!!

Just saw the movie. 8/10. roll on the girl who plays with fire!!!!:clap:
  26. Leumas_10

Leumas_10 Member

Ratings:
    +167
    Another hollywood remake on the cards then, brilliant. And with Daniel Craig in the lead role, think I'll stick with the original.
  27. jalaldevil

jalaldevil Active Member

Ratings:
    +957
    I like Daniel Craig, his a solid actor. Would easily prefer him than other measley hollywood actors.

Defiance, Layer Cake and Road to Perdition have been great performances.
  28. Leumas_10

Leumas_10 Member

Ratings:
    +167
    My main problem is whats the point? What is the point of remaking a film that has literally just come out? I'd say the only reason is to cash in on those people who won't watch foreign language films.

I haven't got a big problem with Craig, but I know already I will be watching this thinking, corny remake. Maybe thats just my problem I don't know.
  29. cabanatuan

cabanatuan Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,728

Add in the fact that the original film has been advertised as if its a holywood movie across the UK makes it even more strange for it to be remade unless the yanks never saw how big this movie was even in the uk!

You seriously would have thought this was some kind of new holywood blockbuster. even now along the way to work i see LOTS of posters advertising this movie out on dvd/blu ray.
  30. LanceR

LanceR Member

Ratings:
    +466
    By ages you mean about 2 weeks and what don't you understand? There is a remake on the horizon.