the championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the BBC, Forest "are close to signing former Blackburn Rovers striker Matt Derbyshire"

According to the BBC, Forest "are close to signing former Blackburn Rovers striker Matt Derbyshire"
Good player imo, be a great signing.

All got confirmed last night joined us on 3 Year Deal. Great signing imho he is a Premiership Player and we have done well to get him:thumbsup:

a championship player no more could do a decent job for forest

Bloodzeed said:
a championship player no more could do a decent job for forest

Disagree i think he is premiership, just not a great one. Can finish but not much else

Disagree i think he is premiership, just not a great one. Can finish but not much else

Can finish?? 76 games played in the premiership 10 goals scored that's bad

Last edited:
Bloodzeed said:
Can finish?? 76 games played in the premiership 10 goals scored that's bad
Playing for poor Blackburn and Birmingham.. Yes, great point made.. ;)

Don't really recall him getting a proper go at it either, surely most of those appearances have to of been from the bench.

Anyway, good signing for Forest, good player.

Any signing for us I see as a plus point at the moment!

JohnG said:
Any signing for us I see as a plus point at the moment!

Totally agree ... our squad is too thin to really compete over a full season, we are a couple of injuries/suspensions away from playing reserves which doesn't help when you're trying to keep up with the top teams.

Derbyshire is a good signing - am sure he'll score goals for us, am liking the look of Findlay too and once Dex is back we should be able to hit the net regularly - plus if needs be Wes will just have to hammer one in.

Midfield is looking good, I still think we need a proper left back tho

I agree we could do with signing a LB but nigel doughty has said they are not looking for LB at moment due to having Cohen,Lynch,Gunter And also got Freeman coming through who has been playing well in Pre season and looks like a good up and coming LB. Also i hope we can complete the signing of Ishmael Miller as think he would be good signing for us aswell:smashin:

From the BBC: The Football League announce that all league games in London will go ahead as scheduled this weekend.

Well I reckon that Steve McClaren must now be realising that he's been brought to Forest under false pretences. He's been pleading with the board to bring more players in it would seem and nothing. These are worrying times for Forest :(

indeed. he's a decent manager who is gonig to struggle with that squad

hows Matt Derbyshire looking

If it's any consolation, we haven't exactly made any headline signings either. Although we are at the correct end of the table :devil:

I thought Forest might be struggling to finalise any last minute deals, as I was listening to talk sport last night, covering the transfer deadline, and David Pleat was one of the pundits!

But if you like, we'll swap back Tyson for Derbyshire.

Although we are at the correct end of the table :devil:

:laugh: Wasn't it the same story at this time last season though? I think up until the West Ham game this was our best start to a season for ages believe it or not!

I'm not bothering to the game against Derby as I know we'll get thrashed :(

I think the most worrying thing for Forest is that our defence just isn't solid - it's same players that defended well (at times) last season but so far this season they have looked very vulnerable and like their confidence is shot. Whether this is down to the centre midfield changes and a lack of confidence in Boateng I'm not sure.

Miller is looking good though and once he's bagged a few goals hopefully his confidence will soar. Derbyshire on the other hand looks slow and unfit, give him time and he will hopefully come good too. Have been very impressed with Findlay so far though :)

International break couldn't have come at a better time for Forest, 2 weeks for Schteeve to decide on the best line up and get them to gel. Forest always start seasons slowly - I'm fairly certain Forest fans were glad of the break this time last season too, and apart from a hiding by the bookies champions; results haven't been all that bad so far - there is no need to give up hope after four games ... after all, when we thrash derby we'll be promotion contenders again

...I think up until the West Ham game this was our best start to a season for ages believe it or not!

I'm not bothering to the game against Derby as I know we'll get thrashed :(

Including the result against Burnley, this is still our best start since 1905 :eek:

And it's my mates (Forest fan) birthday on 17th Sept... we're going for a curry instead of the game, as neither of us fancy our chances! Loser pays :suicide:

It wouldn't surprise me if McClaren walked away from this job. I think he's had enough already.

If he walks away from this (and I wouldn't blame him if he did) I can't see anyone else wanting to take the job. The whole management structure and in particular the acquisition panel needs to be dismantled.

I've just put TalkSport on and they are saying that he's considering his future at the club. What a farce. They must have promised him transfer money and that just hasn't happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom