Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the championship

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by pilgrimkenna, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,386
    Unless Forest move soon and get rid of Cotterill then we are as good as down. I've never been a massive fan of Billy Davies but he has said that he believes he could still do a job here and I think he might be the only person who could get some confidence and belief back in the players. That all seemed to go when he was sacked.

It's madness to carry on with the present manager, God knows how long a contract we gave him but we need rid now.
  2. severe dainjah

severe dainjah Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Thing is, can Forest even afford to sack him?!?

I agree he needs to go ASAP, nothing has changed in terms of performance since he arrived - in fact it's got worse, and time is running out fast and the gap to safety ever increasing.

I think his post match comments from Tuesday sum up his ineptitude "if we hadn't conceded we would have won 1-0"
  3. piros

piros Active Member

Ratings:
    +414
    3 and a half years :( We are down this season (I do hope to eat my words), I have come to terms with the fact Cotterill is here to stay, I was a big Billy fan and agree that bringing him back would be the only thing to save us now.

Just not going to happen though is it :(

Couldn't believe it when I heard him say that, real :facepalm: moment! :(
  4. garts76

garts76 Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Well we got warnock at leeds. I dont like him but we gotta get behind hi?.
  5. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,386
    I wonder when the moaning will start from Whingenock ?
    :D
  6. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +600
    I think you missed a 'c' out of that John :D

And it looks like Portsmouth will do something Cotterill hasn't been able to manage, that's get you out of the bottom 3 :laugh:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. BB3Lions

BB3Lions Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Blackpool away tonight, they're playing good & in form while we are well, winning with penalties..

Time to turn it around.

BB
  8. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles Member

Ratings:
    +64
    I think we'll lose 2-1 tonight lions. What do you think? Maybe we'll even manage to keep ten men on the pitch for 90 minutes this time - or I suppose even ten men for the entire first half would be a bonus.
  9. BB3Lions

BB3Lions Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Blackpool are in form & were struggling, but like all 'better' teams we meet, we play better. So maybe we might knock out a win.

Peeved off its not on sky or torrent.
  10. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles Member

Ratings:
    +64
    I was more peeved off that the Southampton game last Tuesday wasn't shown live on sky. The two top sides in the league meet and sky don't show it. Infact, I've been disappointed with how many times West Ham have been live on sky this season. Oh well, at least Palace at home (sky) and Cardiff away (BBC) are live.
  11. BB3Lions

BB3Lions Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Poxy CL on Sky but annoyed not even streaming online.
  12. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles Member

Ratings:
    +64
    What a bizarre result. Down to ten men again, keeper sent off, no sub keeper on bench and then go on to win 4-1.

It's a strange game.......
  13. BB3Lions

BB3Lions Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Just seen the game on sky news. Maybe big Sam has given the team a don't give acare in the world attitude just win mentality?

3 games 3 reds not good, where is our history of gamesmanship? Out the window with our passing game.

Roll on Saturday 4 points clear & nearly there.

BB
  14. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles Member

Ratings:
    +64
    So Lions, who will go up automatically this season? I'm going to say West Ham and Birmingham. Although, it could be any of 8 teams looking at the league table.
  15. BB3Lions

BB3Lions Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Looking at who we have left to play & looking how we've played recently then we should qualify automatically. But considering were talking about Westham - I'm taking it game by game lol

I hope we go automatically, i fear the playoffs.

When we get back up next season, i really hope we can find an investor who has ££££ and can pump £££ into our club. WE need investment and we need players who can compete at Premiership level, otherwise were going to stay a feeder bottom of the league club. Although it's passionate it's just no fun taking on the top 6 anymore.
  16. severe dainjah

severe dainjah Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Two wins back to back for Forest :thumbsup:

Perhaps more importantly though, for the first time since his appointment, it's (almost) looking like Cotterill has managed to get a team to gel together.

Hope Blackstock can find some form and keep finding the net, he's the best striker we have and we need him scoring if we are to stay away from the bottom 3. We also need Wolves to forget about Guediora - best midfielder we've seen in a Forest shirt for many seasons and we don't want him being recalled

COYR
  17. piros

piros Active Member

Ratings:
    +414
    Glad I'm starting to eat my words now :D Great result today and great to see that heads didn't drop when they scored to make it 1-1!

Pretty sure there isn't a recall clause on Guediora? Great news if indeed true :)
  18. severe dainjah

severe dainjah Member

Ratings:
    +118
    indeed and about time

I really hope so, he is some player
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  19. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +600
    Well, just about to head on down to Pride Park for 'the big one'.

Living/working where I do, I see lots of Forest and Derby fans, and the banter from both sides has been surprisingly low key so far, I guess that's a fair reflection of how both sets of fans are feeling. I don't think I've known a time when we're all as doubtful/nervous, but I have to keep believing :)

Come on you Rams!
  20. severe dainjah

severe dainjah Member

Ratings:
    +118
    I am now quite glad the game was postponed a few weeks back as Forest are going into it in much better shape.... whilst Derby are on a poor run !!! Having said that form means zip in derbies and I'm sure it's going to be a belter

COYR!!!
  21. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +600
    Well, back now, obviously very happy. Hardly a classic game, but it was a typical local derby, lots of effort, a few tasty challenges, and a cracking atmosphere. Over 33,000 for a midweek championship game, not a bad advert.
  22. severe dainjah

severe dainjah Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Except for the disgraceful element of Derby fans singing about Forests' deceased former chairman. May be a local derby but there was no need for that.... totally insensitive!!!

Obviously gutted to lose it in stoppage time but it sounds as though we bottles it from the first minute and just played hoofball all night.
  23. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,386
    I'm sure if the situation was reversed it would have been Forest fans singing those songs to be honest! I reckon we've bottled it most games against Derby over the last few years :(
    Where's Tina Charles coming up with a spectacular own goal when you need him ;) :laugh:
  24. blasted

blasted Member

Ratings:
    +133
    It was completely out of order, I agree.

But, on the other foot the Forest Fans have hardly been very nice to many people recently have they?
  25. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +600
    Absolutely, bang out of order. But I'm surprised at the amount of coverage it's been given this morning; Radio derby spent at least 3 hours of the morning show going on about it.

I sit in front of the 'daft lads' corner where it came from, and there really weren't that many people chanting. It was strange, because as the "you're going down" chant started, people began to join in, and then you could see the look on their faces when it dawned on them what was being sung, and they stopped.
    When the idiots started the same chant again, it got booed by the Derby fans, and very quickly (perhaps got repeated twice) stopped.

I never gave it another thought after that, was surprised at some of the comments & quotes from people I read/heard this morning.
  26. Dazza Cole

Dazza Cole Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Interesting set of results yesterday, is really looking like 2 from Saints, Reading and West Ham for the automatic spots.....really hope we avoid the play-offs!
  27. RobM

RobM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,185
    It's shaping up really nicely for us at the moment, with West Ham showing signs that the pressure is getting to them and our five-point gap to third. The WHam crowd get on their back at home and they have Middlesborough at home on Tuesday! I can see a draw there.

Reading are away at Peterborough, not an easy tie but they should win that.

We're away at Hull, where I don't see us getting three points. Hull are a good team and are fighting for the playoffs so wont roll over. I'd take a draw right now.
  28. BB3Lions

BB3Lions Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Westham pressure? lol nothing to do with pressure at all.

The reason were playing poor (swear filter) is the constant long ball, a manager we nor the players have faith or respect for & players overpaid and no hunger..

That's why we the fans are getting peeved off.
  29. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Four home draws in a row has really damaged our chances of automatic promotion this season. I don't think there's any excuse for a team, that I'd say have the best squad in the league, to draw four games in a row at home.

Looking on the bright side, if we win our game in hand, it takes us to the same points as Reading and two behind Southampton. With Reading having to play both West Ham and Soton (both away), I guess there's lots that can happen yet.

Southampton fans: where would you be in the league without Ricky Lambert this season? Do you still think you'd be in the auto-promotion places?

I have to give credit to Reading though, nine wins out of ten is outstanding form!
  30. BB3Lions

BB3Lions Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Full credit to Reading. That's what happens when the fans, the club, the management & the team gets behind the badge & want it...

Confidence, skill, luck but above all - hunger...

We have none.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.