Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the championship

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by pilgrimkenna, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazza1011

dazza1011 Active Member

Ratings:
    +540
    Blades fan here

you're all wrong we will nick the automatic place from Brum i guarantee it and if we dont i will come back and alter my post.:D
  2. mattpeers

mattpeers Member

Ratings:
    +7
    firstly, lets sort of the spelling mistakes :D

I remember well what happened when McCarthy last got up with Sunderland but they wern't given a big transfer kitty like Roy Keane was.

Regarding our transfer kitty, you don't need to spend big to get out of the championship, look at Bristol City last year; they made the playoffs without having to spend big, they didn't go up but it was still a close game. Look at the likes of Swansea this year, no mass spending but they are up there with a potential to steal a playoff place.
    Again, my point being, you don't have to spend big to get out of this league.
    I'm not saying we are loaded, but we will certainly have a fair amount to spend, owners investment and prize money for winning the league should give us a good amount to spend next year.

Just to clear things up, if you thought my previous post was a bit aggressive then I apologise. Talking sport can get me hot headed. No hard feelings.:smashin:

I'm sure there will be some banter in a few weeks time when we play each other. :rolleyes:
  3. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,433
    Well you've got 3 points in the bag from playing us coming up ;)
  4. derby4life

derby4life Member

Ratings:
    +10
    no problem mate...:smashin:
    there will no banter coming from this end matt....the way our squad is going at the mo I can only see one result :(
    we made barnsley look like brazil for gods sake :D
  5. Vis Man

Vis Man Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Don't think Billy's the blame, it's the so called acquisition committee :mad:
    Davies let's them no who he wants, Pleat decides if their any good, Arthur steps in and balls the negotiations up.
    There will be big changes next season if Billy hangs around.
  6. derby4life

derby4life Member

Ratings:
    +10
    there's no doubting what billy davis can achieve given sound backing.....but you will have get used to all the rubbish he spouts out aswell

still think you stay up though..just
  7. mattpeers

mattpeers Member

Ratings:
    +7
    wolves have sold out our allocation for the derby game, so it should be a cracking atmosphere. I cudn't even get a ticket, its all these sudden 'fans' jumpin on the promotion bandwagon.

:mad:
  8. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +601
    Another interesting set of results.

Luckily we came back in the 3rd minute of stoppage time to sneak a draw, which overall, I think we just about deserved. But only just. And I was still there. I can't understand those that leave 5, 10 or more minutes before the end of a match, just to save a few minutes in the rush, but that's another thread.

Southampton now look doomed, if they have to take a 10 point deduction, they may as well do it now, as I can't see them coming out of it. They have a couple of decent players I wouldn't mind at Derby, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Surman and Sagonowski all seem worth a look.

As for who else goes down, it's still wide open. I keep doing the predictor on the BBC site, and I make it Norwich or Barnsley, even though the latter have a couple of games in hand.

So the Tree Huggers look like they might just survive... which will be nice for their fans, they'll get to listen to countless Billy interviews where he talks about himself in the third person :confused: and tells how good he is, but how rubbish the players are :D
  9. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,433
    How come Southampton aren't being deducted points for their parent company going into administration :confused:
  10. Louis Reeves

Louis Reeves Member

Ratings:
    +16
    The Football League are investigating now, as it is actually our parent company (Southampton Leisure Holdings) and not the Football Club that have gone into administration. I agree that it is 100% wrong, but it appears we have found a loophole.

A stay of execution for Saints? (From Daily Echo)

Also, if we were to be deducted points, it would be next season. The FL brought this rule in a few years ago, when Leeds announced Admin when they knew they were already certain to be relegated, and wanted to take the 10 point deduction there and then, and start the following season in League 1 with a clean slate. The deadline to take the points hit this season was 10 days ago.

So it looks more and more likely we will begin next season in Leage 1 with -10 points! :(

Cant believe 5 years ago we finished 8th in the Premier League and got to the FA Cup Final!
  11. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,433
    How do you think us Forest fans feel. The one's of us who were 17 when we won our 1st if 2 European Cups :(
  12. travid

travid Active Member

Ratings:
    +632
    Anyone have any opinions on the Cardiff v Swansea game yesterday?

Not a penanlty IMO, but I suppose a draw was a fair result.

Awful coin throwing and a shame were back in the 80's:mad:
  13. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +601
    Fancy that John, it took you 2 posts to mention the European cups - two of em :D
  14. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,433
    I thought you'd like that one mate ;) :D
  15. dazza1011

dazza1011 Active Member

Ratings:
    +540
    2:1 against Barnsley
    squeeky bum time Reading Friday :eek:its close
  16. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +601

On a bit of a roll at the moment - you might sneak in there.

I didn't realise you had Lupoli - is he on loan or permanent? We loved him at Derby, I don't know why we didn't try & keep him, but I guess he was a bit 'lightweight' in some respects. Skillful player though.
  17. Miyazaki

Miyazaki Active Member

Ratings:
    +861
    Look forward to beating you both next season and sending you down again where you belong. :thumbsup:
  18. dazza1011

dazza1011 Active Member

Ratings:
    +540
    hes a permanent loan:confused: he's still under Fiorentina but i dont know how long we've got him for
  19. mooperman

mooperman Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,324
    :thumbsup: loving the barnsley result.... Soooo hope we beat reading, automatic promotion would be superb!!!!:clap:
  20. derby4life

derby4life Member

Ratings:
    +10

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  21. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,433
    I've recently read that literature "Derby County, The Glory Year", it was a very interesting leaflet ;) :D
    Sorry chaps, couldn't resist that one!
  22. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +601
    After last night's result, I wonder why I'm brave/daft enough to stick my head above the parapet.

Besides, I think you'll find that in the best Tree Hugger tradition... "we had 2 of 'em!"

So you'd better make that a double sided leaflet! :D
  23. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +601
    One little 'not really on the exact topic, but related on a tangent' post... well, rant really :)

I went online to renew my season ticket yesterday, and at 'checkout', they wanted to add a £10 'Administration Charge' for me paying online, using a debit (or credit) card. I have to renew my ticket and my daughters, so that's £20 in fees.
    This is using an automated process, where I press all the buttons etc, no one at their end has to do anything, but it costs £10 per ticket.

Now when I bought cup tickets (during both of our great cup runs this season ;)) the fee was £1 or £1.50, for exactly the same process.

And if I turn up in person, and take up the time of an actual person in the ticket office, and let them do all the typing, then write a cheque out, which costs them to pay into the bank, the 'Administration Fee' doesn't apply, is zero, cost me nothing :confused:

Me no understand... or perhaps I do really :rolleyes::mad:
  24. kbfern

kbfern Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,032
    Wolves promoted to the premiership!! well done me babbies:thumbsup:

I fully expect a decent investment of whatever it takes to keep us up.The chairman has the money, he only paid £10 for the club + £30m to invest in future development.

His £30,000,010 investment must be worth a good deal more now so come on Steve get your chequebook out.

We have a few weeks extra to hopefully attract a few class players to ensure our survival in the prem.

Well done Mick and the boys for a fantastic season,I think we only need 1 more point to go up as champions.:clap:
  25. travid

travid Active Member

Ratings:
    +632
    Congratulations to Wolves:clap:

Watch out Burnley, were on your behind;)
  26. robfosters

robfosters Member

Ratings:
    +215
    I knew it was coming, but very sad for me and fellow charlton fans.

Premiership to league 1 in 3 seasons :(
  27. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +601
    Yep, well done to Wolves, they've been up there all season, so no one can begrudge them their moment of glory.

A sad day for Charlton, I don't know what's gone wrong there.

As for my Rams, they're really making hard work out of the last few games of the season; I'm sure we're safe, but they aren't half making me sweat a bit.

Looks like the Red Dogs have hit a bit of form just at the right time. Could be a good season for the east Midlands next season, if they stay up, and with Leicester coming up.
    All we need is Dirty Leeds ;) to win the play off, and we should have some good atmospheres in prospect
  28. derby4life

derby4life Member

Ratings:
    +10

no thanks mate....all we need is ...leeds to stay down for another season forest to go and join them

as for fester....who care's :D

I think we are just about safe ...could do with ipswich beating norwich though
  29. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,433
    It's a good job the sheep poxed a win at Sheffield the other week or we'd be above you now :D
  30. derby4life

derby4life Member

Ratings:
    +10

you would have been orgasmic aswell wouldn't you ....that would have made it twice in 6 years that you were above in the league :hiya::hiya:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.