The Blu-Ray Slipcover List & Discussion Thread: Part Six

Have started pre-ordering new blus on Amazon US and they usually take 7-8 days to arrive, always with slips and never get stopped for VAT here in Ireland...'Contraband' (region-free) arrived this morning. 17 UK pounds delived to my door.

Attachments

• P1050453.jpg
    P1050453.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Couple of pick ups today...'Take Shelter' which a friend recommended and the absolutely beautiful Universal digibook for "Pillow Talk"...

Attachments

• P1050460.jpg
    P1050460.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 528
  • P1050464.jpg
    P1050464.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 89
  • P1050465.jpg
    P1050465.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 89
  • P1050466.jpg
    P1050466.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 92
nice one dubliner, i'll have to get hold of gump and untouchables those new slips look nice, looks like amazon us is the way to go...

my deer hunter from movietyme still hasn't arrived:(

nice one dubliner, i'll have to get hold of gump and untouchables those new slips look nice, looks like amazon us is the way to go...

my deer hunter from movietyme still hasn't arrived:(

re:Movietyme
I stopped using those plonkers ages ago- would send me emails stating this and that had just arrived and was "in stock", would place an order then have to wait weeks and weeks for it to arrive. I think even if they get 1 copy in stock they send out hundreds of emails notifying people about it.
I also got many blus from them missing the slipcovers. Things came to a head when I wrote to complain about 1 particular title that I definetely wanted the slip for and didn't get...
They promised to send it out with my next order...but didn't...I emailed them and they apologised but still refused to send it on it's own and I'd have to place another order...which I did...and still they didn't send it!...I emailed them again and was sent an email saying I couldn't be serious expecting them to send it on its own...even tho they screwed up twice already...again they promised to send it with my "next order"...I just told them to go to hell. :cool:

well this title was in the 3 day dispatch.....12 days later:roll eyes: still nothing

See Sainsbury's have their own Iron Lady slipcover - sorry - 'presentation sleeve'.
(Not that I'd ever consider buying it)

ProductImage-7217236-1.jpg

Last edited:
Whats the difference between slip and prestation cover

A definate non purchase

still dont get it just looks like a slip cover

Is it me, or did that tumble out onto BD/DVD really quickly?

Finally picked up the Saw 1-7 Collection on bluray...comes in a digi-stack type thingy

Attachments

• P1050506.jpg
    P1050506.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 673
  • P1050507.jpg
    P1050507.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 150
  • P1050508.jpg
    P1050508.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 150
  • P1050509.jpg
    P1050509.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 129
  • P1050505.jpg
    P1050505.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 119
That's a really nice looking set actually!

Yeah not too bad- still a bit pricey tho around the 40 quid mark- suppose that's only 5.70 quid a movie.

Yeah not too bad- still a bit pricey tho around the 40 quid mark- suppose that's only 5.70 quid a movie.

See, if I didn't already have all 7 films, and I wasn't on a mission to get every film I own in single UK 14mm Amaray cases, then I would consider this...

Not pricey at all. I bought the films separately and still need to get round to buying the last film and that is still £7 at the cheapest.

£40 imo is a bargain.

I am still glad to have the separate films though as the US version of number 2 is better than the UK one.

Not pricey at all. I bought the films separately and still need to get round to buying the last film and that is still £7 at the cheapest.

£40 imo is a bargain.

I am still glad to have the separate films though as the US version of number 2 is better than the UK one.

Oh God! Dare I ask? Why is it better, AQ? PQ? I'm going to end up importing it now...*hopes for region locked*

Oh God! Dare I ask? Why is it better, AQ? PQ? I'm going to end up importing it now...*hopes for region locked*

Region free.

UK set is the theatrical cut and the US is the Uncut version. UK is also 1080i mpeg2 whereas the US is 1080p AVC.

I made a mistake, it is still mpeg2 for the US but it is 1080p whereas the UK is 1080i.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom