Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tevion Car Stereo - Problems with using SD card ?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by RobertM, Jan 24, 2006.

1. RobertM

RobertM Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Help,

Got my Tevion CD/SD/USB car stereo from Aldi before Xmas. All works ok but have only just tried to use the SD mode. I copied some mp3's to the card using my usb reader and checked that they play off the card through my PC...all ok. Plug card in stereo and get 'MEM CARD' on the display but no tunes. I then changed the naming convention of the files and tried again but still no luck....any ideas ??

Cheers

Rob
  2. apul

apul Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Sorry mate, not sure how much help I'll be.

Bought one of these myself and just got round to fitting it last week. I've played mp3s from USB and CD and works great.

Are you keeping to the specifications stated in the manual? For example are you keeping file name length short enough. Not sure but think theres a limit of 16 charactors. Could be less. There is also a limit to the number of folders and depth of folders. If these arent within the spec' then it might be refuing to play any of the it.

Also try doing a full format of the card and starting again. Could the card be faulty?

Hope this helps.
  3. cristiete

cristiete Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a Tevion CRM 2005 (KSC-101) car stereo, but I have no manual. Do you know where I can find one? Or, If you don't, please tell me, if you know, how I can set the time, or how I could save the radio stations.
    Thank You,
    Cristi Etegan
  4. cheztaz

cheztaz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I also have a Tevion car stereo which supports SD/MMC and USB. I went out and bought a 2gb sd card, added music, to find that it does not play in the car stereo, although a 512mb card will play. Does anyone know whether it will play a 1gb card?
  5. Joe90sDad

Joe90sDad New Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Try another brand SD card and see if that helps. I've had issues with reading certain brand/type cards on the PC.
  6. cheztaz

cheztaz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

I called the Tevion Hotline today, and was informed that the car stereos which support SD/MMC/USB will only play cards etc with a max capacity of 1gb., Hence my 2gb card not working! Have now bought a 1gb card! hope that works ok:hiya:
  7. dylanpugh

dylanpugh Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I recently bought the Tevion Car Stereo, but I find that it does not
    hold it's settings, i.e. radio stations etc., can anyone help?
  8. greg123

greg123 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You have not got the permanant +12v and the ignition switched (main) +12v power feeds in correctly. Consult wiring diagram with help of a test lead and should rectify the problem. Normally yellow and red.

Greg.

9. caz74

caz74 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya, just new here. i haven't yet tried a card in my radio but I have tried an MP3 player in the USB port, it is telling me there is a USB device but doing nothing else, whats up??? Is there something else I should be doing???:(
  10. apul

apul Member

Ratings:
    +19
    There have been some problems playing from some USB players. Usually the more successful ones are those that show as an external disk drive when plugged into your PC.
  11. apul

apul Member

Ratings:
    +19
    So does the 1GB card work? Has anyone got a 2GB or larger to work? Was thinking about agetting a 4GB one. But will now wait and see.

Thanks.
  12. mly

mly Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have several 2GB cards and they all work with mine. The only problems I have had were wih a 4GB microdrive connected via a cerd reader via USB. It kept stalling. Probably a power issue
  13. b3nst3r

b3nst3r Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

what brand of SD Card would you recommend for the radio?

Also my stereo is running very hot and seems to be getting stuck playing(could be due to overheating...), as in when u press any of the buttons nothing happens. You have to pressopen and take the front off to fix it...

thanks,

ben
  14. Dunc6

Dunc6 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just received one of these today swapped the two wires and got it working correctly.

I am having problems playing from SD card I have tried a 1GB Kingston Elite and a 2GB Scandisk Ultra II but when I put them in it doesn't do anything apart from saying memory card?

Has anyone else manged to use these cards? Any ideas why they wont work?
  15. doberman

doberman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I had 3 different makes of SD cards that would not work,I then went and bought a 1gb card formatted it put some mp3s on, worked no problem, formatted it again and then this card would not work,discovered that using the Windows XP format tool made the cards unusable in the car player,I used the Toshiba SD format tool on my laptop, now all my cards work, whereas previously formatted with XP they didn't.:thumbsup:
  16. Persian

Persian Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Tevion CD/SD/USB car stereo right i need the face of it please anyone got one ill pay you for it please please help me out :lease:
  17. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    I purchased one of the 4187 USB/SD units a few months ago... and have posted on a few threads about it...

I don't use the car much to be honest but for the past two weeks we have been in France (and using the stereo everyday)

WHAT A PAIN IN THE NECK!!!

Quite a few of my mp3's skip from one track to the next... to be honest I knew that this was a issue a couple of months ago but I had no idea that so many tracks were affected....

I have tried a 512mb USB memory stick, plus various SD cards (High spped and normal) in capacities ranging from 512mb to 2GB. In addition I have tried both FAT and FAT32 formats on the cards.....

There doesn't seem to be any particularly pattern to this.... basically 90% of the tracks skip from onr track to the next, however if you manual select APS and then track number the track will play. There seems to be an issue in the way the unit indexs the tracks or reads the FAT table. This clearly isn't acceptable and I called the helpline this morning.....

"Sorry please call back Monday to Friday between office hours".... hmmm that's helpful - whats the time now...

I will try again this afternoon.... if no response I'll return the unit to Aldi this weekend and demand a refund.
  18. sazmeise

sazmeise Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tried using a pen drive? I was planning on investing in one with a big enough memory if it works. I have a 128MB SD card which works perfectly. I recently bought a 4GB SD card in ebay from some dodgy dude in hong kong so not so suprisingly is doesn't work in my laptop card slot or with the card reader let alone my car radio!!

I've had no major problems with the CD player.. it does skip a second the odd time but the mp3 cd i'm using has 750mbs of songs packed into it and i think its just the cd has been used a good bit now n i've prob scratched it a bit.

Anyone recommend a 1GB/2GB SD card make that works in this radio?

Cheers,
    Saz
    :smashin:
  19. DVD-Man

DVD-Man Active Member

Ratings:
    +743

Off topic but your laptop and reader might not support such a high capacity card so the card could be fine just not your equipment, you could get it tested in a camera shop just say your cam doesn't like it and want to know if it works with others!

Liam
  20. almeralad

almeralad Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    i got one of these , but took it back after 2 days for refund as it was getting very hot [wiring ok ]
  21. apul

apul Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Had mine a year and a half now. Its going ok. Still havn't bought a SD card for it though. Can anyone give a definitive answer of which cards wll work? Has anyone used a 2GB or 4GB card and it worked?

Thanks
  22. DVD-Man

DVD-Man Active Member

Ratings:
    +743
  23. jonti007

jonti007 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have two sd cards,one is a Kingston 2gb and the other is a sandisk 2gb. they both work ok, but now the unit is only working on one speaker, I can see this is going to wind me up good style.
  24. jaydeeh

jaydeeh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody got the number for Tevion Help Line
    Our car radio will not play discs and keeps displaying Error 4 Does anybody know what it means.
  25. dylanpugh

dylanpugh Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I swapped the wires and everything was ok - the only problem really is with the AF button - I have to switch it off, because after a few minutes it interferes with the radio, it produces a kinda farting noise at regular intervals.
  26. PeterKM

PeterKM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Identical problem to you Rob. I am confused as I can plug my SD card through the USB port on front panel of the radio and it works perfectly but extract the SDcard and insert it directly into the SD slot and I get nothing. Just 'MEM CARD' comes up on the display!?
    There must be a simple explanation. If it is a general problem though then I am amazed no-one else has flagged it up. Perhaps most people use the USB connection and havent thought about checking the SD mode. Anyway if anyone out there does own one of these I urge you to try the SD port and see if it is a major fault.

Thanks
    Pete:

27. NoOne23

NoOne23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok...the sd card issue is like this......
    format the card as a fat....NOT fat32 as this wont work.

Strange thought it is as my usb stick is fat32 and that works. this is also why some of you are getting the sd cards to work via a usb adapter....

so the usb is fat32(and maybe backwards compatible to fat)
    the sd is fat only.

my usb stick and sd card are both 2 gig.
  28. Susie Ebenezer

Susie Ebenezer Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had a Tevion car radio fitted. I plugged in my iPod to the usb port and it sounds fine, but there doesn't seem to be any way to choose which track to play. Pressing various buttons alters which track, but heaven knows why. Also the instructions are laughable! Any help gratefully received.
  29. area

area Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: track skipping issue.

I had this problem for ages and it was very infuriating but I think I've solved it. If you are copying from itunes convert all the tracks to 192kbps et voila. I dont think the player likes any bit rate above that.
  30. NoOne234

NoOne234 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oh blast....

my tevion car sterio is now kaputt!!
    it basically works but the screen displays nothing.
    i have no receipt and when i rang tevion they were fine about replacing it untill i revealed i had thrown away the receipt.
    i shall go down to aldi tomorrow but i suspect they may say the same thing.

any idea of my rights as a consumer with guarantees and no receipts....surely they can tell its under 3 years old due to the model number e.t.c. it is actually 15 months old.

might i be so bold as to request someone who stilll has the receipt might be able to help me out here if all else fails?

thanks guys