Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tevion Car CD/MP3 Radio

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by freestyle, Jun 19, 2006.

1. greg123

greg123 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have had this unit (the one with bluetooth and NO usb, the previous one with USB/card reader but Without bluetooth was faulty) for about a year and is has been excellent in all respects - can play mp3's from folders in cd's. HOWEVER, when on the move (and even when not) it's virtually impossible to find the button you want and the impressive looking display is actually very simple, resulting in great difficulty dechphiring folder/mp3 names as they scroll madly through the few digits available on the display. Even the radio presets are virtaully impossible to see, especially at night. Basically you have to learn and then memorise the functions, then it's okay. Sound and functionality is great, other than lack of a remote microphone for the hands free.

Greg.
  2. bensmith2k8

bensmith2k8 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    my dad has been given this tevion cd/mp3 player but he was told he needed a tool or something to get the old radio/cassette out of his 1999 toyota starlet its possibly a bit big too !!
  3. PaulaB

PaulaB Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Someone mentioned that you have to change a couple of wires to get the radio not to forget channel settings. Can someone remind me which ones and do you need a special tool to do this?
  4. shozie

shozie Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  5. dellaclearing

dellaclearing Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone

I bought one of these car stereos on tuesday, very pleased with it so far! Only problem I've found is the radio preset buttons are very small, have to take your eyes off the road for a while to find the one you want, same with the clock, is there a way I can kep the clock displayed at all times?

My main question, is this stereo compatible with an SD HC card? Play.com are doing a good deal on 4GB SDHC cards but I don't want to buy one to find it's no good for the stereo as I have no other use for a 4 gig card! Anyone tried one out?

Thanks,
    Dan.
  6. reillyjinky

reillyjinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this is the right forum or not but here goes. the tevion cd and mp3 player and radio in my sons car has stopped playing completely. there is no power to the unit at all, no lights etc. I don't know the model, can't see any numbers, but the control facia lifts out from the cd player for security. it says R-D-S on bottom left hand side and MP3 ide tag on bottom right and USB left centre. sticker inside facia has shield with a number 7 inside over the word other.
    hope someone can help.
  7. richto

richto Member

Ratings:
    +2
    SD cards usually must be 512MB max and contain 249 files or less.

If you get error 12 and the drive is FAT and only contains MP3 then you have a hardware fault. Its quite common and effect many makes that use the same system. Also error 13.

Solution is get unit replaced.
  8. richto

richto Member

Ratings:
    +2
    check the fuse?
  9. joshwa1

joshwa1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Tevion 4187 - unfortunately the red and black wires came out while I was taking the stereo out of my car... but now I don't know which holes / which way round they go back in... and I don't want to blow the fuse in my car or stereo... could anyone help by posting up the wiring info, or by posting a picture of your wires?

Thanks in advance!

Josh
  10. jbwert

jbwert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi i bought a 2nd hand Tevion Bluetooth Compatible Car CD MP3 Player/RDS Receiver. Product code 6762 made in 2006. It has the built in Mic on the face of the stereo, and its black and silver. You sync the stereo by removing the face and pressing and holding the sync button and my phone was able to find the stereo. How ever it is asking for a authorised CODE which myself or the previous owner does not have. I need this code to sync the stereo to the phone. Even when i reset the stereo it doesn't work, still request the code. Can someone please help me by giving a list of codes i can try? Thanks in advance!
  11. aledr86

aledr86 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey everyone, i was wondering if someone could help me? I recently had the misfortune of having the front panel of my stereo stolen from a bag I was carrying. I still have the unit in my car, however have no display panel. Does anyone know if any Tevion panel will fit, or if only the same model will work? Thanks
  12. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Well all was fine with the updated model until my missus pointed out that it would not play CD's... I only ever used it to play MP3's so frankly wasn't that bothered...

However MP3's started skipping to and there seems to be no way to reset it... really strange that this has happened with two units. I haven't bothered returning the latest one... might do and see if I can get it exchanged for the third version!!! :rotfl: In the meantime I am back to using my old Clarion head unit.
  13. paultf1

paultf1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am new to this forum.
    please can any body help me, I have just purchased a car and it has a Tevion
    cd/mp3 player installed.
    I know nothing about the unit except the front unclips and there is a flashing red light and a slot for a cd.
    Does any body know to a link for a manual, or instructions. It is not the modal that as a link on this site,as I have seen it.
    It is silver in colour with a purple backlight. I cannot see a sd slot or usb socket so I should amagine it is a older modal.
    Any help would be very welcome.
    Thank you in advance.
    Paul.:mad:
  14. eifion

eifion Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    The red goes to permanent live, and the black goes to the ground connection, you can test where they were on the tevion ISO connector, by checking which is live and ground on your cars loom connector....there is some info on the website, but it doesnt show where exactly the wires go for your model, have a look at P7 here
    http://www.fascin8.co.uk/support/4187.pdf

on my model, the wiring is slightly different in that the red wire is for the switched live connection (ignition) it is on A7 on the iso, and the permanent live (battery) is a yellow cable on A4
    http://www.fascin8.co.uk/support/5705qsg.pdf

basically i think you need to test your cars iso male connector to find which is live and which is ground

heres a pic of the adaptor for my model, but yours may be different...your red wire may go into the iso where the yellow one goes in on mine. hope thats some help (its a bit confusing sorry!) i hope the wires didnt come out of the other end or i just wasted loads of time lol

[​IMG]
  15. vaughan1968

vaughan1968 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi i got a Tevion HSC7700M-BT and need a power lead can any one help
    thanks
    vaughan
  16. klq

klq Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Tevion 4187 supplied without thewiring loom does anyone have a diagram showing the wiring of the plug at the rear of the radio?
    Many thanks
    Keith
  17. snaffles

snaffles Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody know where I can get a manual for one of these stereos.

The guy who installed my stereo lost the manual for it.

I can't get anything to work properly with it - usually spend about 10-20 minutes fumbling around with the buttons, getting CDs stuck in it and trying to tune radio stations before I eventually quit trying.

I can manage to tune a station, but cant get it to save it to memory.

Maybe if I could get my hands on another manual, I could figure out which buttons are supposed to do what and troubleshoot my way out of the mess that I regularly find myself in.

Please Help!

:lease:
  18. Julie

Julie Active Member

Ratings:
    +709
    You'll find various manuals here:
    Car Stereos
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. snaffles

snaffles Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank You Very Much Julie.

I'm haven't tried any of them yet, but I'm sure one of them will give me the information that I need.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

:D:smashin::clap::hiya:
  20. amariner

amariner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Tevion car stereo will not play cds and displays the error code "error 04" which is that the cd is incorrectly inserted. But i am putting them in correctly.Is there possibly another reason for my player not working ?
    Last edited: May 3, 2010