Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tevion 32" LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by dirty_leo, May 21, 2005.

1. dirty_leo

dirty_leo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm about to buy a Tevion 32" LCD TV. The price is very reasonable but I don't know anyone owning one to get any comments. If you have one, can you tell me if I should go with it or not? I'm also hesistating between a plasma and an LCD, any comments about that?

Thanks, :thumbsup:

- Leo -
  2. Scotty306

Scotty306 Member

Ratings:
    +8
  3. dirty_leo

dirty_leo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate! :thumbsup:

So, are you going to go for it?
  4. Scotty306

Scotty306 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Oh i'm so confused by it all !!

I nearly ordered this: Diboss DIBLT-27KLF 27" LCD from Amazon for £549

But then I saw the 32" Tevion,

But do I need a 32" ?

I don't really need the 27" !!

I don't know :suicide:
  5. gradmisi

gradmisi Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I am also looking at this lcd tv from Aldi, but would like to know if there is a headphone socket connection, which for me is a must have, doesn't say anything in the specs. Anybody know. Thanks.

gradmisi
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Scotty306

Scotty306 Member

Ratings:
    +8
  7. Scotty306

Scotty306 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    They do look very similar though!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. gradmisi

gradmisi Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Scotty 306,

Thanks for the pics, I can't see them leaving out any previous connections in an updated model.

Will definitely check it out on Thursday. Thanks again.

gradmisi
  9. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I Have to say I pefer the Tevion writing in Silver and not Silver/ Back :D

Wonder how many Aldi with get for each store , I would say not that many
    Also can anyone confirm if there is 2 component connections on back of display :confused:

:smashin:
  10. EnglishJohn

EnglishJohn Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Managed to get a copy of the technical specification sheet from medion for the tv, probably hasnt got much more data than is avalible all ready but you might wanna look. :D

Attached Files:

11. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Just printed the Spec's
    So I'm I right in saying that there's only 2 scart sockets and No component connections :confused: , but you can run component if using a component to scart cable :rolleyes: . Also the screen size is only 28" :thumbsdow

:D
  12. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    The Screen size is calculated as a diagonal from corner to corner....so is 32".... I'm not sure about the Component thing though.
  13. benwong

benwong Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that IS an interesting way of doing it.. does anyone else know of another model that's set up in this way? I for one certainly have never come across an LCD screen with the ability to do progressive via Scart..all we need to do is wait for someone to buy it and try a progressive component signal via scart to see how well or IF it works properly.. :thumbsup:

Ben
  14. sponshagga

sponshagga Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Is this common with 32" or some kind of way of scamming the public because this really doesn't look so cheap at 28" compared to the price you can get 27" lcd's for! :eek:
  15. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    ?????????

It's a 32" LCD diagonal to diagonal... thats how all screens are calculated...15", 17", 19", 27", 32", 42", 50" etc... all diagonal to diagonal.
  16. Puffer

Puffer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apart from the size and what connections this set has, this concerns me more as quoted by stu 69 On this other thread post #34

although he does go on to say :

17. Lord Lucan

Lord Lucan Member

Ratings:
    +4
    There is a review in this weeks Computer Active.

Bad points:"Fast moving images can become blurry, no HDMI input"

Good points:"DVI, HD ready,HDCP compatible".

Summary:"Amazing price but not oine for the home entertainment purists"

Hope this helps before you part with your hard earned.
  18. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    My experience of LCD's and Plasma's is admittedly limited... but would the blurryness in fast moving images be fairly widespread on most panels unless they had a super fast response time.

This Tevion reportedly has a response time... grey to grey??? (whatever that means) of 8ms? Is this the same way as say stating 12ms on a PC LCD monitor? Maybe with the larger screen and pixels the blurrying is more visible?

Also HDMI can be connected via a relatively cheap adaptor to the DVI port?
  19. Puffer

Puffer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like yourself busterdan my knowledge on these panels is limited to only

what I've read, but surely if this set has a true response time of 8ms you

wouldn't think it would suffer from smearing and blurriness anyway

I could put up with it not being the best looking panel around as your not

sitting looking at the sets surround, but a definite no to blur an smear

anyway if it has this problem it would put me off buying one .
  20. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN Member

Ratings:
    +3
    8ms is one of the quickest I have seen for an lcd tv , the PQ should be top notch :thumbsdow
    The only way we will all know is if we buy and try :D . If not any good we all take back to Aldi for refunds :smashin:
  21. fingleburt

fingleburt Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I'll let you all know on Thursday morning when I buy mine :D
  22. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Yes I agree there is no risk in buying the Tevion... if there are any problems it can go back for a full refund...Aldi's returns policy is second to none really.

In my case it's looking highly unlikely I get one.... I have been given my orders by my other 'arf.... "We have more important priorities and our existing 32" Widescreen CRT monster is fine" :(
  23. busterdan

busterdan Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Missus has had a change of heart... ;)

Looks like I might be getting one afterall... :clap:
  24. caldersey

caldersey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HI all,

I bought one of these form Aldi the other day.

The picture through DVD is excellent really crisp and sharp with vivd colours, with no blurriness as far as I can see.

Terrestrial signal (through a digibox) is not so good, there's motion blurr and a bit jaggedy round the edges. This could be because I need to play around with the settings and need to upgrade my scart lead to a better quality one.

Another (bad) point is that the lamp seems to hum loudly. The pitch of the humming changes depending on which setting you select. Although setting it to 'Full' does seem to stop the humming!?! Has anyone else experienced this or is mine faulty??

Cheers
  25. sponshagga

sponshagga Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Quite common on lcd tv's my thomson does the same.
  26. n17ken

n17ken Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one last week and am very happy with it so far.

The picture quality from the PC using Media Center is stunning. Which is the main reason I wanted one in the first place.

No humming from the lamp..... yet.

Sound quality from the internal speakers is very good all things considered.

Progressive scan works fine with the scart connectiion from my KIss DVD player.

There is a headphone socket with its own setting in the sound menu.

Picture quality from cable is certainly as good as my last 100hz widscreen tv..... and the picture shape remains constant at all times.

I've been watching some HD movies and some of the sample clips from Miscrosoft and the quality is stunning.

Buy one while you can :smashin:

All in all for the price a good buy.... it gets better.

Wall mount kits are normally about £150+ from Currys, Comet etc. An order card is supplied in the box to buy the wall mount for £29.99 + £4.95 pp.

Compare that with the high street chains and it all adds up to a very good buy.

Hope this is of interest.
  27. maxman3d

maxman3d Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there guys just got one of the TEVION 32 the other day .Still playing at the mo with settings and stuff to get the best out of the TV...

But not too sure in me mind if I am 100% happy with it as I have a plasma 42 Hitachi front room and love that very much. And the TEVION 32 is for the bed room where I am most of time working .So if I was to compare this to the plasma I would say that the plasma is going to win hands down ,But the LCD was only £749.99 and the plasma was £3330 .But all in all the picture quality is very good but not the best that I have seen .TV very good picture looks very cheap made all so , All so tried on PC very good picture but not on desk top just in games like half life 2 which I tried on the net at time of trying the TV on the computer just to see .. Xbox games running on it don’t look good to me wasted out looking but got new lead on the way MS XBOX HIGH DEFINITION COMPONENT AV PACK PLASMA LCD which I hope will make that better if it don’t then I will be taking back as I think that I could do better to buy a 32 plasma for a little more money..

Now if I was to give this TV a score out of 10 I think that I would give it...
    8 just because the price is very good and it as a lot to offer...
  28. bsvmedia

bsvmedia Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, Thinking about one of these sets myself, but does anyone know if the 2 tuners are analogue or digital (freeview) ?
  29. madfish_den

madfish_den Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Analogue.

Are they re-releasing this tv or is it the re-furbs they are selling on (my local adli had a few to sell the other week)

Having just taken back last years 32" 'hd' lcd from Aldi, i would be pretty wary of this one. Although taking stuff back to Aldi is better than most stores!

However, out of personal curiosity (and a little check for people if they need to take it back):
    * Could somebody check that you can get a Hd image through the scarts (assuming there is still no component input?)?
    * Also showing a HD image via DVI, does the picture judder? (the old one certainly did) and /or crash when you switch picture formats?

Denny
  30. roswell_3000

roswell_3000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems these TV's are back onsale again at ALDI. I'm pretty sure I'll buy one on thurs. Reading through the thread has made me pretty determined. Although Lidl are selling one aswell on thurs. The info says that the Lidl one has all extra cables and is wall mountable. Just wondering if the Aldi one is? does anyone know?