Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technika HDMI Issue.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Cowkin, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Cowkin

Cowkin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased this item Technika 19" HD Ready LCD TV with built-in Freeview, DVD player & iPod Dock 19-218 - Tesco.Direct recently. It doesn't have a red and white cable slot, so i can use the default wiring for HD on my xbox 360. I solved this by purchasing a hdmi cable. However my TV doesn't pick up the xbox 360 through the hdmi cable. It just says "No Signal". I had this issue before and had to change the hd resolution settings on my xbox. However it got a live update and reset them. I am wondering how would i go about getting my tv to register the xbox. There doesn't appear to be a menu so i can change my tv's hd quality to match that of my xbox's and i'm not totally sure what my tv's default is.

Thanks alot for reading this.
    Matt.
  2. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,242
    updates on the 360 dont reset settings.

what you can do is to switch on the 360, with the pad, and then hold Y, and the Right Trigger, this should reset the xbox 360's video settings.
    the console will auto restart after this, and it should pick it up.

if it does, what to do is go into the xbox display settings, and either pick optimum display settings, or select one which is closest to your tv's native resolution, which is 1440 x 900.
    it doesnt have to be exact.

if this still fails, try another hdmi lead, or swap the power up process, instead of tv then xbox, try xbox then tv..and also when both are on, maybe try to give it a few seconds, and select the hdmi channel again..

theres also a new setting in the 360 display settings area, thats called auto detect display or something similar, this may be what is causing the issues, as not all tv's pass the EDID information to connected kit correctly, thus, no picture, or loss of connection.
    you can either disable or enable this, try both.