Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech to enable streaming to Mk1 Zeppelin?

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Music Players' started by filoconnor, Dec 3, 2012.

1. filoconnor

filoconnor Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have a non-airplay Zeppelin and would like to know if there is any tech out there that can enable streaming between my iPhone 5 and the Zeppelin?

It'd need to be good sound quality, and reasonably priced, otherwise I might as well sell the B&W and go Sonos 5.

Cheers
  2. HSC

HSC Member

Ratings:
    +126
    try a cheap used last gen Airport Express
    I have one connected to my Zepp for airplay streaming

you should be able to get one for <£45
  3. filoconnor

filoconnor Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the idea. I've never used one of these. May be a silly question, my Zeppelin is in a different room to my router, does this device join my wireless and act as a bridge to the Zep?

Cheers
  4. dwhite

dwhite Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,448
    Yes, the airport express is effectively a router. You can get it to join your existing network, or you can get it to create its own network.
  5. amcluesent

amcluesent Moderator

Ratings:
    +959
    An Airport Express won't put the Zeppelin on thet net, you're just hooking up the analogue output of the Express to the 3.5mm input on the dock.

Then you use Airplay to push music from the phone to the Express or, of course, use iPhone as a controller and stream from iTunes on your main computer.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  6. filoconnor

filoconnor Member

Ratings:
    +1
    OK thanks. Does this involve my home wifi, or does the express create a mini wireless network i.e. does music from my iPhone or itunes traverse my router?

Thanks
  7. filoconnor

filoconnor Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry, DWHITE answered this earlier, just seen it. OK great, thanks people. eBay here we come!!