Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TEAC AI-501DA - Integrated Amplifier with 192kHz USB Audio Input

Discussion in 'Hi Fi Systems & Separates' started by Andris L, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Andris L

Andris L Active Member

Ratings:
    +611
    Hello good people of AVF,

I kind of having a thought to go down (a little bit) FLAC route and will need an equipment of some sort to get it to work to a reasonable level.

TEAC AI-501DA caught my eye as it's an amp and DAC in one but after a quick look around on the good old inter web I can't see much feedback on this product.

Has anyone on here had any experience with this product?

Before you ask, I don't have a dedicated amp for 2ch set-up and as I'd need a DAC then this product seems as a good compromise.

Speakers I'd be using with it for now would be either Mordount Short Avant 904i or 902i. At later date I have set my eye on KEF Q900.

Many thanks,
    Andris

LINK: http://www.teac-audio.eu/en/products/ai-501da-90193.html
  2. Srg Kasto

Srg Kasto New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you eventually buy this amp?

Too bad there are no comments in here. I'm also interested in to hear any type of feedback on this. So instead of creating a new thread, maybe we could just revive this one.

Reviews on the Teaac ai501da are scarce. And the ones that exists says different things. The 501DA scored low at What Hifi, but Pocket-lint, and some others, have praised it.

It would be great to hear what people at AVF have to say about this one!

EDIT: words
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  3. BlueWizard

BlueWizard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,781
    The current price on this product is £699. A true and fair power rating on the amp is probably about 50w/ch to 8 ohms.

Now certainly it has advantages, but you can buy other amps that have DAC built it. The Yamaha RN500, the Rotel RA-12. Or you can by a very nice separate Amp and DAC for similar money.

Something like this gets very personal. It is not so much is this one obscure product good, but rather does it do precisely what you need done at a price you can afford? And have you check out all the alternatives at a similar price.

To bad no one responded to this post earlier, we might have been able to help.

Still, it would be nice to know that the Original Posters final choice was and how pleased he is with the choice he made.

Steve/bluewizard