1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syncing photos issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by David 8, Feb 19, 2012.

1. David 8

David 8 Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    I'm relatively new to itunes and have a question about getting photos on my ipad.

I go into itunes, click David's iPad, then I go to the photos tab and tick the box 'Sync photos from' then I choose the My Pictures directory which is where I keep all my photos that I have neatly organised in folders. Within each folder in My Pictures I have subfolders, this is because I never delete any photos, I just put them all in one folder then create sub folders for sorted/rubbish/corrected photos etc.

So next step I check 'Selected folders' and a long list of the folders from My Pictures appears for me to select from. Now here's where the problem is... I check the box next to my folder Paris2012 but itunes does not give me the option to choose a sub folder from within it!!?? The only choice I have is to sync the entire folder.

Have I missed something?
  2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5 Active Member

Ratings:
    +552
    Hmmm, ive just checked this with my iphone 4 and it seems that iTunes will only go one folder deep.
  3. poppitypop

poppitypop Member

Ratings:
    +109
    Instead of choosing folder "my pictures", click on that text and select choose folder from the drop down list. You can then go in as many folders deep as you like but only one at a time.
  4. David 8

David 8 Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
    I tried that but doing only one folder at a time isn't much use because if I try adding another one afterwards it will rewrite over the previous one when I sync.

It seems the only way round is to create a separate 'for ipad' folder on my computer and copy all the folders I want into it and then sync that one folder.

It seems crazy to me that I have to do this, I thought Apple products were suppose to be easy to use, but here I have to faff about copying hundreds of photos into a special folder.