Stu's Bedroom/Home cinema

Id go for stands! but think brackets will still look good, depends where they sound the best to you.

by the way ill leave projector on the back burner til i sort my system out!

Either way for now they will have to sit on top of the old battered acoustic solutions speakers while i recover from a spending spree!

The remote's are multiplying, wont be long before I'll need a harmony one!
397317_10151166856685504_758550503_22455204_1126603768_n.jpg

Speakers have arrived also, lovely set of CDM1NT's they are too! may be on the look out for some B&W stands soon similar height to the acoustic solutions speakers, the tweeters and mid/bass drivers line up pretty well and its a vast improvement in range compared to the acoustic solutions speakers lol!

400002_10151166809015504_758550503_22455027_1969407887_n.jpg

hmm been playing with ideas now!
Like the idea of stock B&W stands for the L/R speakers but unsure if the different heights will effect the sound at all, as the FS-CDM stands are 60cm raise, currently where they are all the midrange is in line and the tweeters floorsanders stand at about 80ish cm before the CDM1NT's start.
Ive been told about where I am is head level though the speakers need to be a little further apart and further from the wall so they will more than likely end up corner angled out.

Been toying with putting framed movie posters in the 2 gaps either side of the screen as i have a "rainman" poster and I seem to think ive a few others too!
Will compile a photoshop and ask your thoughs.

Stu

ideas2.jpg

Hmm they look good like that, but I'm not sure about placing them actually in the corners. Might make them boomy...

What would they look like a little bit inwards?

moved them in a bit :)
ideas3.jpg

I guess it'll be trial and error, quite like the idea of the posters filling the voids at the sides of the screen.

Def dont put posters either side of screen, put them on walls facing inwards, or somewhere else, your screen should be the feature on that wall with nothing else distracting your eyes from the screen. That is just my opinion, do what you like best!

Last edited:
and left a bit? haha just kidding...

At least with stands you can move them about if need be, and find where they sound best.
I think the light up sign will look good too!

I guess the Rain man one could go other wall side opposite where the unforgiven poster is, just trying to use up some posters ive inherited, most of them are originals that used to be in a theatre in grimsby.
I think there is a ghandi one in there somewhere among others lol!

I've that wall to paint again yet and the back wall where the projector is, just think it looks a little bare currently either side?

Stu

Bare!!!! hahaha once you power up the projector there wont be much of the wall space left. then you will have the soundtrack slapping you in the face through the speakers

will you get reflection of the projector light in the pictures? if not put them up and see if u find them distracting when watching films

FS CDM speaker stands sourced black base with silver uprights cant wait to take them to cleethorpes beach with my spade and fill them with sand :laugh:

Speaker stands arrived today :D
2012-01-2614-56-07291.jpg

I will when I know that there is no chasing/cutting filling to do any more, no point painting walls when there is more work to do, I'm debating on removing the sink and possible relocation to another wall from the corner of my room, that way I will have more room to move my desk over, its a free standing one rather than the abortion that's in currently with a huge surround to it and not far off falling off the wall lol!

I'm also wondering about a shelf for the projector too instead of where it is currently, perched on top of what would be a L shaped desk that I have lifted the corner part off and sat it on top of the main desk.
My only issue is that the back wall is plasterboard and I think with the weight of the projector it could well pull out of the wall, I have some of those driva self drilling plaster screws (speed plugs) that I used for the LM1's but im not so sure that they would pull out of the wall.
Weight of the projector is 9.6kgs

Last edited:
Bit of a screenshot I got today, taken with a samsung galaxy s
400568_10151215118090504_758550503_22606687_723693483_n.jpg

See craig I told you it was a bad idea to start decorating now ive decided to remove the sink out of the corner of the room, a bit old fashioned really and the bathroom is but a door away so its got to go so I can expand the space.
I actually found a stud today behind the wall so I should be able to go ahead with wall mounting the projector, shelf holds 13kgs so should all be good :D
Going to have to have a re-jiggle with the furniture so that the beds in a suitable spot to allow for a 3 seater sofa or something like, I could put it at the head of the bed but viewing is best close to the back wall.
Its all good fun moving stuff!
Once its all sorted THEN craig can help me paint the room rofl.

Stu

Had a listen of this last week, very nice.

Well, I say I listened to it. That happened AFTER I setup the amp properly as the auto calibration had sent all bass to the speakers leaving nothing but the LFE channel for the subwoofer. Sounds good in practice, but as good as the CDMs are they do not do low down bass :D

Great room dude and as you know, I'll give you a hand and you can give me a hand migrate my system to Leanne's house.

Bit of an updated photo of the back end of the setup now ive managed to paint the wall!
427746_10151265567100504_758550503_22763210_1945001659_n.jpg

new sofa coming soon :D hopefully go collect it on sunday!
sofa.jpg

It was an ebay purchase, about a 2 hr drive to collect, been kept in great shape and all proceeds go to help for heros :)

Yup, the iplayer feature on it is handy for top gear catchup :D
Ive also got some blank off's for that sink, its coming out soon! VERY soon, cause I will need the extra bit for the sofa.
I have also managed to router out the vent holes on the front for the radiator cover, all that's needed now is that B&W sign and a long length of power cable.
Did I mention that this room only has a single socket on one side of the room lol, I think I may have to add some more, providing the current wire used is suitable enough to carry the extra load.

Stu

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom