Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming options - iTunes library on NATS

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Music Players' started by BicesterTerrier, Dec 7, 2012.

1. BicesterTerrier

BicesterTerrier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had a look at various threads re streaming, but couldn't answer my specific thought.

I use iTunes for my music library, I have the library on a dual bay Netgear readyNAS (for what it's worth), I currently listen to the music through a PC connected to my TV, audio through the TV.

I have a Bose iPod dock with an iPod classicc ontaining the entire library for times when I do not want to have the TV on.

We are about to move house and I want to be able to have music in different rooms (the old house was small enough to hear everything from the lounge). I plan to have the Bose in the kitchen with an audio input to allow me to stream radio from an iPhone/Android, but would like to have an option to listen to the content of the library without turning the PC on.

I do not have a stereo so would ideally be looking at a self contained unit, or perhaps multiple for different rooms.

I was looking at Sonos, but can find no information as whether they will access an iTunes library on a NATS.

Any help gratefully accepted, I'm not a technophobe, just never had to worry before.

Thanks!

Rich
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. rorton

rorton Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Yep, sonos will play from an itunes library on a nas.

If you go sonos, you wont want the Bose in the kitchen, you'll want to replace it with another sonos :)

It really is a good system.
  3. amcluesent

amcluesent Moderator

Ratings:
    +891
  4. BicesterTerrier

BicesterTerrier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you both for the very prompt response. Looks like the Bose might have to go to the Office to be used as a PC speaker instead.

Are there any useful guides on here about Sonos and what I might need, I wasn't blown away by their website.
  5. amcluesent

amcluesent Moderator

Ratings:
    +891
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. BicesterTerrier

BicesterTerrier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the links, not sure how I missed them.