Star wars 3D Blu-ray release

Now, if only Lucasfilm would hurry up and release the good Star Wars films in 3D. You know, the ones without pratfalling space frogs that featured in our 25 best space movies ever.

:laugh:

Watched it at the cinema and TBH the 3D wasn't any better than you get from watching the 2D BDs using the TV 2D-3D conversion.

Hmmm. These had better not be exclusive to Panasonic.

I'd personally bet they will be. Panasonic will need something to replace Avatar with.

Hope to be proven wrong though.

The thing is, Lucas would be surely cutting off a fair chunk of revenue by making it exclusive - unless Panasonic made him an offer he couldn't refuse. It sure worked with Fox, who signed off on a ridiculously long deal for Avatar.

Avatar 3D's still going for a fair wodge of cash, so imagine what the 2nd hand prices will be for the Star Wars ones!

Watched it at the cinema and TBH the 3D wasn't any better than you get from watching the 2D BDs using the TV 2D-3D conversion.

That bad? I'm surprised, would have thought they'd have gone to the same trouble Cameron is with Titanic.

That bad? I'm surprised, would have thought they'd have gone to the same trouble Cameron is with Titanic.
Really? They probably put just as much effort into it as they did for the Star Wars Blu-rays ;)

Nowt wrong with the blus imho, that said I've not watched any of them properly yet, just the first few minutes of each

Not saying they're bad, but they clearly didn't put as much effort into the Blu-rays as they could have.
eg using the same 2004 masters for the Original Trilogy, & all the hype about fixing all of the complaints fans had.

Lucas film made such a big fuss about having gone back & fixed all of the Lightsabers etc & produced screenshots of the fixed effects...turned out those shots were the ONLY lightsaber shots they fixed, & they'd left all the other messed up lightsabers unfixed :facepalm:

I think Cameron is probably more the type to put that extra bit of effort into his films (as evidenced with the great transfer of Aliens) than Lucasfilm who never seem to be bothered- just good enough, is good enough for them:thumbsdow

Not saying they're bad, but they clearly didn't put as much effort into the Blu-rays as they could have.
eg using the same 2004 masters for the Original Trilogy, & all the hype about fixing all of the complaints fans had.

Lucas film made such a big fuss about having gone back & fixed all of the Lightsabers etc & produced screenshots of the fixed effects...turned out those shots were the ONLY lightsaber shots they fixed, & they'd left all the other messed up lightsabers unfixed :facepalm:

I think Cameron is probably more the type to put that extra bit of effort into his films (as evidenced with the great transfer of Aliens) than Lucasfilm who never seem to be bothered- just good enough, is good enough for them:thumbsdow

well to be fair I cant see there being 1/2 the complaints for Titanic there would be for Star Wars (either way GL did it) so he was always onto a thankless task

At this point I have to stress there are some things about the SW blues I truelly detest, but they are still the best quality reproduction we are likely to see for donkeys years (if not ever)

Yeah, I was very disappointed. I'm a big fan of 3D when it's done properly and Disney have shown a conversion job can be excellent.

Some of the areas I thought would look excellent, jedi fight with Maul on the various platforms for example, just didn't have the depth and perspective they should and could have had. The 3D just didn't add anything, even the podrace was a little flat.

maybe it will look better at home? (i can only hope!) i saw titanic 3d and they didnt fix any of the fx that bit where they run down the corridor with the faces replaced looks worse than ever lol but the 3d and the quality of the print was perfect like it was shot yesterday and in 3d!

yes 3d needs all the help it can get.. I hope exclusives is a thing of the past... its uniformity that is needed and open access to all movies available across the board, but then again..that's always been the downfall of new tech.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom