Star Trek Into Darkness

How do you rate 'Star Trek Into Darkness' out of 10?

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Star_Trekbanner.jpg

Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman are back to write Star Trek 2 with Damon Lindeloff. J.J. Abrams says;
"We know the direction, but it's very early. We're working on a script right now still. I can tell you it's cool. We have some really cool ideas, but it's too early."

LA Times spoke to J.J. Abrams and Roberto Orci about the sequel;

'Star Trek' team hints that the next film will reflect contemporary war issues

So we might see Starfleet grappling with the ethics of torture or dealing with a rising terrorist threat or perhaps a painful, politicized war with the Klingons.

"The ambition for a sequel to 'Star Trek' is to make a movie that's worthy of the audience and not just another movie, you know, just a second movie that feels tacked on. The first movie was so concerned with just setting up the characters -- their meeting each and galvanizing that family -- that in many ways a sequel will have a very different mission. it needs to do what [the late 'Trek' creator Gene] Roddenberry did so well, which is allegory. It needs to tell a story that has connection to what is familiar and what is relevant. It also needs to tell it in a spectacular way that hides the machinery and in a primarily entertaining and hopefully moving story. There needs to be relevance, yes, and that doesn't mean it should be pretentious. If there are simple truths -- truths connected to what we live -- that elevates any story -- that's true with any story."

Roberto Orci says:

"We’ve literally had two meetings now. We haven’t decided anything but we’re starting to circle around some ideas. We got a lot of fan response from the first one and a considerable amount of critical response and one of the things we heard was, ‘Make sure the next one deals with modern-day issues.’ We’re trying to keep it as up-to-date and as reflective of what’s going on today as possible. So that’s one thing, to make it reflect the things that we are all dealing with today.

st09_0506_07-t.jpg

Last edited:
SWEEET!!! this is going to be awesome!!!!

Cool, can't wait.

Now if they can just ditch Simon Pegg and replace him with someone else, or alternatively have some disaster befall Scotty and his stupid mate, I'll be more than happy :rotfl:

I wish films didn't take so long to make.....I can only live so long!

However I was really impressed with the first one, despite
Leonard Nimoy having to appear in it :mad:

Seems writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman have a story, as Paramount has reportedly set a date for the second Star Trek movie as June 29th 2012.
Production should start next year. No word if JJ Abrams will direct the sequel yet.

I dunno, war, and Star Trek never seem to Gel. I'll just wait for the trailer.

I dunno, war, and Star Trek never seem to Gel. I'll just wait for the trailer.

Never watched Deep Space Nine then ;)

I shall be looking forwards to the sequel... (I only had a few very minor issues with the first movie that being a few of the deleted scenes, which i thought should have stayed)

Last edited:
Never watched Deep Space Nine then ;)

I shall be looking forwards to the sequel... (I only had a few very minor issues with the first movie that being a few of the deleted scenes, which i thought should have stayed)

Yeah, I was taking my mind back to Deep Space 9 when I wrote it.

Yeah, I was taking my mind back to Deep Space 9 when I wrote it.

Oh i see you didn't enjoy the dominion war, fair play to you sir, i thought it was rather good seeing all those starship on mass for a change.

There is an interesting statement in the deleted scenes for the new movie where it shows the Klingon prison & its mentioned that Abrams would like to see them back for the new film. I thought there costumes looked a tad similar to Burton's Plant of the Apes myself, still we shall see.

Let's hope Bill Shatner gets his cameo this time, I heard Abrams has already had a meeting with him.

Let's hope Bill Shatner gets his cameo this time, I heard Abrams has already had a meeting with him.

Im wondering where he would fit in- if he will play an old Jim Kirk retelling the story of his first 'mission' pre opening credits etc, or perhaps he would possibly play a Jim's Grandad role in the current 'timeline' set up by the latest film.

id like to see him for a few scenes but no more than Nimoy got in the last film, to be honest i like the way this new series of films is starting to shape up and im not to interested in reminiscing to much on the old cast. The new cast are more than strong enough to carry the film on its own without harking back to TOS cast. (IMHO :smashin:)

I always wanted a movie with a Black Enterprise.....

Its five-year mission: to conquer strange new worlds, to capture new life and new civilizations; to boldly settle where no man has settled before.

The evil Enterprise takes on our crew in a battle.

Mainly because the CGI will look cool, but I think the story is good too.

Seems writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman have a story, as Paramount has reportedly set a date for the second Star Trek movie as June 29th 2012.
Production should start next year. No word if JJ Abrams will direct the sequel yet.
From the title of your thread I thought it was coming in 2011.

I always wanted a movie with a Black Enterprise.....

Its five-year mission: to conquer strange new worlds, to capture new life and new civilizations; to boldly settle where no man has settled before.

The evil Enterprise takes on our crew in a battle.

Mainly because the CGI will look cool, but I think the story is good too.

The Original series had an episode set in a mirror universe i think where the federation was an evil opposite etc, never watched that episode, but do know spock sported an evil goatee...

evilspock1237913510.jpg

The Original series had an episode set in a mirror universe i think where the federation was an evil opposite etc, never watched that episode, but do know spock sported an evil goatee...

evilspock1237913510.jpg

Yeah, I saw it as a kid, never managed to see it since.

There has been a few episodes set in the alternate universe one of my favourites was from the next generation 'yesterdays Enterprise' where the universe is more about taking over rather than discovery and knowledge.

Let's hope 'The Shat' is still with us in 2012, He's 80 this year, Gotta say he looks good for his age.

There has been a few episodes set in the alternate universe one of my favourites was from the next generation 'yesterdays Enterprise' where the universe is more about taking over rather than discovery and knowledge.

DS9 is really where the mirror universe comes alive.

sounds good, i do love the original series and thought i'd seen them all but clearly not!!:)

Yesterdays Enterprise was an episode from "The Next Generation" and was to do with the Ent-D bumping into the Ent-C. Very good episode thou as they brought back Tasha Yar etc.:smashin:

Haven't they done mirror universe type stories for all the trek series? I recall an episode of Enterprise where the crew were killing each other in order to take command of the ship.

Yesterdays Enterprise was an episode from "The Next Generation" and was to do with the Ent-D bumping into the Ent-C. Very good episode thou as they brought back Tasha Yar etc.:smashin:

That's what I said :)

Yeah and the return of Tasha was most welcome!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom